Sign in to follow this  
haydon1996

Problems of running the game in Vista

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

My computer is a Vista Home Basic Service Pack2, and i can't play Simcity 4... I put the disc and click the icon, but it show a message suddenly: please put the game's disc, press OK, restart to launch the game (i transfered from Chinese to English by myself)... Please help me because I really want to play in the computer which has internet network... Thank you!

I finally installed the game in the computer, but when i press the icon and try to play, and it showed this:

problem6v.jpg

In english, it means: put the game's CD, press 'enter', rerun the game.

However, I know that the problem is the update of the computer and i tried the way to solve this problem form omnibus, but it failed, what should i do without restart the computer????

Please help becasuse I really want to play Simcity 4 as quick as I can...

Thank you!

Edited by CaptCity  

Merged posts.

I will try to explain this clearly.

Have you inserted SC4 Deluxe disk 2 into your computer? You will need disk 2 to start the game. You may have inserted disk 1 which leads to the error shown below:

insertdisk.jpg

Try inserting SC4 Deluxe disk 2 and restart the game. I hope this helps you!

You mentioned that you recently updated your computer. Perhaps an update messed up something with your drivers. Do other disks work in your drive? If not, then try going into the device manager. Click on disk drives and double click the drive you are using. It should say if it working properly or not and there should be an option to update it.

Another thing you could do is use an external disk drive or another computer to try and get it to work. If the message continues to appear, then your disc is probably messed up.

Edited by jacksunny