Sign in to follow this  
MistiKmaN

I have a problem with the NAM.

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Before I even begin this thread, I am going to apologise. I am apologising because this question has more than likely been answered before and also because I wasn't sure on where to post this exactly.
Well, here's my story, I have Sim City 4, no expansions and I install the NAM and whenever I try to plop down something that came with the NAM, it crashes. Also, the TSCT doesn't seem to alter my Transit issues, I can't get Sims to use anything but the Roads and Buses. Currently, I have it uninstalled, but I have the containing .Zip folder and can re-install anytime. I'm fairly sure I'm missing a few details but you get my drift?
Could someone please help me! I have no idea what's going on, I've tried solutions but haven't gotten anything, so I was hoping maybe a one-on-one would help. Many thanks in advance!
Also, I love the site, love the STEX, love Sim City, love it all!

Hi MistiKmaN... Welcome to Simtropolis...

If I'm reading your post correctly, you are using the original SC4 - not Rush Hour or Deluxe? Unfortunately, NAM does require Rush Hour or Deluxe to function totally and correctly.

Sniper296, I think he was referring to free custom content downloads for SimCity 4 "vanilla", not to possibilities to download SC4 Deluxe / Rush Hour for free.

@MistiKmaN: There are some downloads for original SC4, but since the game doesn't work with custom-made building models, these are restricted to some basic modifications of existing lots or simple stuff like parking lots using the original game textures... stuff like that, you get the idea. SC4 "Vanilla" is so limited in this respect that nobody interested in custom content would be satisfied with it in the long run; that's why content these days is made presuming that everybody will use SC4 Rush Hour / Deluxe.