Sign in to follow this  
nathanthemayor

Show us your Toll and Service Plazas!

28 posts in this topic Last Reply

I checked, and found nothing like this, so here it is. Here is what I call "Tollway related stuff":

Tollways

Service Plazas(Roadside eateries)

Toll booths

Okay....here are some I have:

The Pheonix Mountain Toll Plaza, not yet open.

pbttollplaza1.jpg

...and the Westport Services Exit on the MIT:

servicestation.jpg

Ost Strommen rest platz is located just east of Skjolde on the N13 that runs west to east in Northern Svar. This Motorway so far has 2 Tolls on it, one of which is just to the right of this picture (east) before a long tunnel and then Der Zander river valley bridges.

redone%20rest%20area%20photoshoped.jpg

clicky on the picy:

bayviewforareason.jpgderzandevalley2.jpg

the before mentioned zander river and the toll west of Skjolde

@nathanthemayor:

You should really get the latest version of the RHW. Also, try to make more use of smooth curves as well as getting a slope mod that is compatible with the RHW. And get some custom toll booths...

@cacks:

Great work on that motorway, however it seems like all three pics link to the same large picture.

• Original Poster
  • @riiga:I do have the new RHW. Also, I had a slope mod months ago but it caused problems and so i had to get rid of it. Also, about curves, there are some places where they won't fit like the one above.

I don't know if this would count, but it is a service station for the Trans-River Toll Bridge:

bridgestop.jpg

@nathanthemayor: I think the unusual part to people is the use of manual on the inside; usually most open-road tolling has the stopping customers exit. They still look very good though!

@nathanthemayor: I think the unusual part to people is the use of manual on the inside; usually most open-road tolling has the stopping customers exit. They still look very good though!

Agreed, I would have thought that to keep traffic flowing, the automatic tolls would go in the middle. How about using these toll booths? Some of your roads are a bit too curvy for my liking as well (see links below). But it looks good! 29.gif

http://www.simtropol...ost__p__1033926

http://www.simtropol...ost__p__1159720

P.S. I used to use a lot of tolls, but I don't anymore... Might do for some bridges? 37.gif

Edited by DAB_City  

Augusta-Jan5421319249371.png

One of the two identical tolls that are by the edge of the of Augusta (the city), along Route 24.

Also, at least from a realistic stand point, it seems redundant to have bypass roads around the tolls :P

• Original Poster
  • A new service plaza i made in a fictional region:

serviceplaza.jpg

I used to use a lot of tolls, but I don't anymore... Might do for some bridges

Yeah, I guess, as long as they have tolls.

Agreed, I would have thought that to keep traffic flowing, the automatic tolls would go in the middle. How about using these toll booths? Some of your roads are a bit too curvy for my liking as well (see links below). But it looks good!

The only reason it was like that was because of space restrictions(Too cramped)

Also, the reason why i(Used to) wasn't using smooth curves was again, space restrictions. I might look at getting custom tollbooths sometime.

Wait, shouldn't this thread be named "Show us your... tolls, service stations, tollways etc."? I'll have to post some of my well-located petrol stations sometime, or try and locate some tolls...

@Dexter:Whoa!Where did you get the gas stations?Also, are they actually transit enabled?Anyways, nice photo there!

Whoa!!! Whoa!!! And whoa again!!! I need that too 9.gif

Also, please be merciful and consider a flip for those of us who drive on the right!! Although I suppose one could do inside-the-median with those...

To all those waiting for the filling station, theres no reason why the LHD version couldn't be released within the next few days, as all that's really left to do is the icon and stex description. However, the RHD version will require a flipped model and textures, and while the textures are no problem, I bet I'm going to get caught out with that pesky fipped UV map bug when it comes to the model.

Best,

-Matt

There might be a solution for that problem: select the object by vertex method, scale one axis to -100 percent and apply the modifier Normal with "Flip Normals" on. Try that for once...

To all those waiting for the filling station, theres no reason why the LHD version couldn't be released within the next few days, as all that's really left to do is the icon and stex description. However, the RHD version will require a flipped model and textures, and while the textures are no problem, I bet I'm going to get caught out with that pesky fipped UV map bug when it comes to the model.

Best,

-Matt

I could place the service stations you have on the inside of the highway; the Chicago Skyway has a McDonald's in the median of the freeway, after all. Your models look very very nice. :golly:

I don't really want to hijack this thread anymore, but just to let everyone know I should be ready to release both the LHD & RHD versions of the service station later tonight.

@zakuten & Yoshiisland: I'm glad you like them, and now with the mirrored version, there's no need to have "fast lane" gas stations :lol: , but I have used seperate IDDs for the textures so there's no reason why you can't have both versions installed.

@mrtnrln: Thanks for that advice, but I seem to have found a much more simple solution to the mirror tool bug in Gmax/3DSMax. I have always been using the mirror tool in the Edit menu, and that screws with the uvw maps. However, selecting multiple objects and applying a Mirror Modifier doesn't seem to exhibit such problems. I'm not sure if this always works, but it seems to for everything I've tried it on.

I would have uploaded the LHD version last night, but the STEX keeps thowing me an error for some reason.

Best,

-Matt

Edited by Dexter  

I don't really want to hijack this thread anymore, but just to let everyone know I should be ready to release both the LHD & RHD versions of the service station later tonight.

@zakuten & Yoshiisland: I'm glad you like them, and now with the mirrored version, there's no need to have "fast lane" gas stations :lol: , but I have used seperate IDDs for the textures so there's no reason why you can't have both versions installed.

@mrtnrln: Thanks for that advice, but I seem to have found a much more simple solution to the mirror tool bug in Gmax/3DSMax. I have always been using the mirror tool in the Edit menu, and that screws with the uvw maps. However, selecting multiple objects and applying a Mirror Modifier doesn't seem to exhibit such problems. I'm not sure if this always works, but it seems to for everything I've tried it on.

I would have uploaded the LHD version last night, but the STEX keeps thowing me an error for some reason.

Best,

-Matt

Yay! Well done 18.gif