Sign in to follow this  
beyurslf

How do you build a Mega Structure?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have put one down  it won't build. I click on it and click on manage blueprint, but I can't figure out what to do in that screen then. Is it simply having enougvh excess workers of whatever type is needed or do I have to do something else?

depending on what it is, you need to look at what is required to build the structure; opinion 2: drag the surplus tokens into those boxes and click ok. There will be a minimum 2 phases that have needs for tokens, so repeat what you did in phase 1 until the blueprint is finished

I can never proceed to phase 2 of any megastructure. What am I doing wrong or not doing?

If I try to trade for the resources it requires but I always get the message I need ### more tokens. If I try to supply the resources myself I run into problems. If I build a bunch of heavy industry or more power plants I get the problem of "Pollution is killing everything" or it depletes my surplus of workers so I no longer have enough of those for my megastructure. I have a city over 500K and still cannot build a megastructure past phase 1. It's frustrating.

Yeah same, i lost all my downtown offices and workers to the resources needed, this then cause my entire finely balanced economic system to sink into a deep depression with one sector falling one after the other until the project canceled on itself.

Hmm.. sounds familiar, some real cities get themselves into serious financial trouble trying to build over the top projects. 500,000 might sound like alot but not if you're trying to build an olympic stadium.. think 3 million plus in a real life situation.

Maybe that's why they made it so hard...