Sign in to follow this  
spursrule14

Alien [|] Worlds

66 posts in this topic Last Reply

What is so large, and so infinite, that anything you imagine about it likely exists? Space..

Welcome to Alien Worlds...where an entire universe waits to be discovered

alienworlds.jpg

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00001

EARTH DATE: OCTOBER 22, 2072

MISSION DATE: DAY 0001

interior2_4_clay.jpg522e42d6-8fd2-41b6-a497-3901b1c88ac7Large.jpg

This is my first entry in what will be no doubt a multitude of excitement and fear. I am Drake S. Eastman of the United States Navy - Space Division, captain of the U.S.S. Hubble, patriot of the United States of America, and welcomer of all peoples as we embark on mankind's greatest expedition. Our mission: to make known the unknown.

U.S.S. Hubble

1671644-xs.jpg

We have just begun our journey, and are roughly 10,000 miles outside Earth's orbit, en route to the Moon. From the Moon we will visit Mars, then catch Venus as it transitions to that side of the Sun's orbit, then we will make way for the outer reaches of the solar system - visiting Titan and Triton as we make Pluto our final destination before we set course for Alpha Centauri (our neighbor and nearest system). The Hubble is equipped with the latest wormhole drive, making traveling extreme distances through space possible. However, the distance between worlds in our own system is too small for us to generate a wormhole, so we must travel at the ship's cruising speed of 27,420 mph. Our discovery efforts will be primarily conducted by near-surface flyovers of alien worlds. These flyovers will be conducted by skilled astronauts piloting one of the five Hubble Exploration Shuttles on board the ship. Each HEX is able to withstand a large variety of temperatures and weather conditions throughout space. Our first real-world test of the HEX outside of Earth-based simulations will be the Moon. Seeing the American flag planted firmly in the lunar soil will be a fitting overture to this great journey.

Hubble Exploration Shuttle ("HEX")

hexlv.jpg

It will take us approximately five years to reach Pluto. We have on board a stellar crew of capable men and women from various nations and professions. Most were selected based on their age and reproductive health, in the event that colonization becomes required for our survival, whether on board the ship or elsewhere. However I have seen a variety of ages the few times I have already strolled down the cold metal corridors. I have even passed a few children, of which brings even further symbolism, triumph, and even spirituality to this endeavor. Yet I am afraid I will find myself more of a governor than a captain. Godspeed.

-Capt. Drake S. Eastman, U.S.S. Hubble

Edited by spursrule14  

• Original Poster
  • alienworlds.jpg

MOON

TYPE: NATURAL SATELLITE

PRIMARY: EARTH

SYSTEM: SUN

GALAXY: MILKY WAY

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 0.000000041 LY

LIFE: UNDETECTED

SURFACE COMPOSITION: SOLIDIFIED BASALITC LAVA, SILICON DIOXIDE DUST

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -63.7°F

moonap.jpg

moonbp.jpg

mooncp.jpg

moond.jpg

moone.jpg

Edited by spursrule14  

Huh. Well at first I was suspicious that this wasn't going to have anything to do with SimCity4. But one post down proved me wrong. And might I say, marvelous mosaic! 9.gif Great recreation of the Moon's surface! You even added the American Flag in the Sea of Tranquility. However since you did add that, you're missing the lunar module. Just a bit of critic. 4.gif

But otherwise, this is a very powerful start! This is definitely the beginnings of an interesting journal.

• Original Poster
  • Replies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathanthemayor, Benedict, Archean - THANKS 19.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alienworlds.jpg

MARS

TYPE: PLANET

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 0.000068043 LY

LIFE: EXTINCT/FOSSIL REMAINS

SURFACE COMPOSITION: ROCK, IRON OXIDE, WATER ICE

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -63°F

unled00.jpgunled01.jpgunled02.jpgunled03.jpg

unled04.jpg

Edited by spursrule14  

• Original Poster
  • Replies

Benedict, Gio - THANKS 17.gif

alienworlds.jpg

VENUS

TYPE: PLANET

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 0.000004032 LY

SURFACE COMPOSITION: ROCK, SOLIDIFIED LAVA

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: 860°F

venus1000.jpgvenus1001.jpgvenus1002.jpgvenus1003.jpgvenus1004.jpg

venus1005.jpg

Edited by spursrule14  

• Original Poster
  • alienworlds.jpg

TITAN

PRIMARY: SATURN

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 0.000143 LY

SURFACE COMPOSITION: ROCK, LIQUID METHANE

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -291.1°F

an200.jpgan201.jpgan202.jpgan203.jpg

Edited by spursrule14  

Saturn is classified as a Gas Giant, yes, but that still leaves room for fun improv. 3.gif

Again, I'm astounded by your mosaics. Marvelous work recreating the solar system's planets. You're doing great work with these!

• Original Poster
  • Replies

NMUSpidey - haha...maybe they sell a scale model??? :yes:

Evillions - saturn is a gas giant yes, but titan is one of saturn's moons

Benedict, Archean, tonyr - THANKS 9.gif

alienworlds.jpg

TRITON

PRIMARY: NEPTUNE

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 0.009689 LY

SURFACE COMPOSITION: FROZEN NITROGEN & WATER ICE, DRY ICE, ROCK

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -395.68°F

triton4small200.jpg

triton4small201.jpg

Edited by spursrule14  

• Original Poster
  • Replies

9988, StreetxROBLOX - THANKS!! :D

alienworlds.jpg

PLUTO

TYPE: DWARF PLANET

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 0.000455 LY

SURFACE COMPOSITION: FROZEN NITROGEN, FROZEN CARBON MONOXIDE, ROCK

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: -382°F

pluto300.jpg

pluto301.jpg

Edited by spursrule14  

• Original Poster
  • alienworlds.jpg

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00176

LOCATION: MILKY WAY - SUN - PLUTONIAN SYSTEM, 5414 MI. OUTSIDE CHARON

EARTH DATE: MAY 29, 2077

MISSION DATE: DAY 1680

interior5.jpgbeb48442-388d-4bed-a66e-8a74464cc740Larger.jpg

Today, I write to inform whatever future generation of people, on Earth or elsewhere, will come to remember as the greatest discovery in human history. Not much has been made or said of Pluto since it was demoted from a planet to a dwarf planet seventy years ago. NASA's New Horizons mission, launched in 2006, was scheduled to reach Pluto in 2015 but collided with an unknown debris field outside the orbit of Uranus on March 19, 2011 and was never heard from again since. We reached the Plutonian system five days ago, amidst excitement from everyone aboard the ship. We went HEX the next day. No one will ever forget the words of pilot Cdr. Jase Kizka broadcast in the command center two hours into his flight - "Sir, you're never going to believe this."

I expected I would believe it. When you travel in space for over 1500 days and go farther than any man has before, you tend to think that you have reached the climax of mystery, and discovery. We expected Cdr. Kizka to transmit back images of surface channels that would appear to have been carved by water. Instead, a high-resolution image of a giant pyramid slowly decoded on the screen. It looked just like the Great Pyramid of Giza on Earth, only a murky black, grey and yellow one.

Great Pyramid of Giza

07le-caire.jpg

Then came the results of the HEX's on board PSDS (Planetary Surface Dimensioning System). Our archaeological science team confirmed what by this time we already suspected - that the dimensions of the Plutonian pyramid and the Great Pyramid of Giza were the same. Even the pyramid's capstone was missing as it is on Earth. Then one of the arch. science team members suddenly shouted in a tone of amazement and fear, "The Orion Correlation Theory...my God..."

I had heard before of something called the Orion Correlation Theory. It is, or was, a suppressed theory that the Pyramids of Giza (Khufu [Great Pyramid], Khafre, and Menkaure) geographically mirror the astronomical alignment of three stars in the Orion constellation known as Orion's Belt (Alnitak, Alnilam, and Mintaka). According to this theory, the Great Pyramid of Giza is then representative of Alnitak.

Pyramids of Giza and Orion's Belt

Orion_-_pyramids.jpg

After some time it was calculated by our arch. science team that the Plutonian pyramid is at the same coordinates on the surface as Alnitak is in the Plutonian sky. We have now received a transmission back from Houston, and our orders are to avert from Alpha Centauri in favor of Orion's Belt. Regardless of our new destination, we will be traveling for the first time through a wormhole oustide of NASA simulations. Alnitak is 800 light years away, and the wormhole (we hope) will cut the distance down to what we currently estimate to be roughly half a light year. If this is in fact true, it will take us approximately 179 earth days to reach the Alnitak system as we will be able to travel at the speed of light inside the wormhole. We will return to our original plan of visiting the Alpha Centauri system someday. But who knows when? Who knows where this new course will take us. What will we find? What will we learn? Where will it lead? Once we enter the wormhole we will be permanently cut off from communications with Earth. We will remain cut off once we exit the wormhole as Orion's Belt is too distant. My crew and I would be dead centuries before a transmission we sent ever reached home, if our brothers and sisters even remember we existed. Mankind's mark on space is soon to be left solely in our hands and in my better judgment. May God guide me.

We will use the next 179 days to further develop a communication plan with any possible alien intelligence, and to prepare a defense plan should we encounter any hostile threats. Alnitak is 10,000 times brighter than our Sun, so we will use the time to also determine the effects this could have on our eyesight and our skin, and also any susceptible technologies on board the ship. But, for all we know, Alnitak may no longer exist. When I turn away from my desk and look out the window behind me, I see it. But I am looking 800 years into the past.

Orion's Belt (from left to right: Alnitak, Alnilam, Mintaka)

orionbeltfullview.jpg

We now have every reason to believe that the Orion Correlation Theory is true, and that perhaps the designers of the pyramids on Earth, and Pluto, came from Orion's Belt. If we encounter any intelligent species, we will show them a picture of the Great Pyramid of Giza, in hopes that it will be recognized and will communicate a peaceful intent. While some would be nervous about what we are soon to witness, knowing that there is a risk that you, your ship and her crew might not make it out alive; I am calm. To be so far away from Earth and cut off from everything you have ever known, I remain confident. And if I should die at the hands of some alien intelligence, then I'll die knowing I truly lived.

- Capt. Drake S. Eastman, U.S.S. Hubble

Edited by spursrule14  

This is amazing stuff. Love the scifi aspect to this and there's so much scientific facts thrown in here that im sure you did your research.

I'm thoroughly interested and will keep coming back to see more! This hundred (and some) day trip is going to reveal something remarkable isnt it.

• Original Poster
  • Replies

Archean - THANKS! and yes..we will find something remarkable 8)

alienworlds.jpg

ALNITAK 5-NS4

PRIMARY: ALNITAK 5

SYSTEM: ALNITAK (ORION'S BELT)

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 800 LY

LIFE: DETECTED; SIGNS OF INTELLIGENCE PRESENT

SURFACE COMPOSITION: ROCK, LIQUID WATER

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: 109°F

alnitakantennamoon500.jpg

alnitakantennamoon501.jpg

alnitakantennamoon502.jpg

alnitakantennamoon503.jpg

• Original Poster
  • alienworlds.jpg

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00195

LOCATION: MILKY WAY - ALNITAK - ALNITAK 5-NS4, SURFACE LOCATION: "ISLA PRIMA"

EARTH DATE: NOVEMBER 28, 2077

MISSION DATE: DAY 1863

alnitak5ns42.jpg

Greetings from the surface of another world. I am sitting in a coarse, yet fine yellow sand. My eyes stare out into a vast, green ocean. I am breathing the air of another world; it tastes bitter. Sweat drips down my face from the sweltering heat. The murky green sky maroons me in my own mind. I must stop being poetic and write like a captain.

"Noah"

alnitak1.jpg

Three earth days ago we exited the wormhole in a sudden, forceful jolt of temporary anti-gravity. Whether fate or something else, we exited inside the boundaries of the Alnitak system, close to a Saturn-like gas giant (now known as Alnitak 5, with the number 5 designating the planet as being the 5th from the star). Alnitak 5 has 22 moons, with the inner six being large bodies. In what I can only describe as a tense and overwhelming moment in time, our equipment detected that the fourth moon of Alnitak 5 possibly contained liquid water and a breathable atmosphere. We quickly dispatched a HEX.

alnitak2.jpg

After three hours of flying over the surface, Cmdr. Tilwor Ziaeg and his HEX 2 sent back images of a very Earth-like world. One image was of a giant mesa protruding out of a large, green ocean. On top of the mesa were four black and yellow towers of unknown purpose and origin. We caught our first glimpse of alien life as giant birds were seen flying around and nesting in these towers. We have no reason to believe these towers are of natural origin. Further pictures confirmed a large presence of these around the moon.

Our sensors detected faint radio waves emitting from the towers, and we now believe they are communication antennas. Perhaps this moon served as a communications outpost for an intelligence not native to this moon, and no longer in this system. We have yet to detect any signs of a present or past native intelligence. However that does not mean one does not exist. Perhaps it just hasn't built anything visible from the air.

"Eve"

alnitakeve.jpg

While other possible worlds in this system that might harbor life are being determined back in orbit on the ship, myself and our astrobiology team have taken a HEX down to the surface to do some close-up investigation of the life on this world. We have a zoological wing of the Hubble in which we hope to house certain creatures or food specimens from other worlds that we feel can be sustained on the ship. Welcome aboard the Ark.

"Isla Prima"

alnitak5ns41.jpg

We touched down, where we are currently, on an island we now call "Isla Prima," or "Cousin Island" for its similarity to Earth islands. We have already seen several creatures and are planning on taking a few of them on board. One in particular is a female creature with human-like features, but is the size of a domestic cat. The creature did not appear fearful of us as did some of the others; perhaps it is more alien to us than we are to it. I have just received word that there are two more worlds in this system of interest. One has an unknown surface composition and the other appears to be habitable. Perhaps "Eve" can lend us some more insight.

• Original Poster
  • Replies

StreetxROBLOX - THANKS!! :D

alienworlds.jpg

ALNITAK 3-NS1

SYSTEM: ALNITAK

SURFACE COMPOSITION: UNKNOWN CRYSTALLIZED COMPOUND, ROCK

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: 491°F

alnitak300.jpg

alnitak301.jpg

alnitak302.jpg

• Original Poster
  • alienworlds.jpg

ALNITAK 2-NS6

SYSTEM: ALNITAK

LIFE: DETECTED; SIGNS OF PAST INTELLIGENCE, RUINS

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: 107°F

cop500.jpg

cop501.jpg

cop502.jpg

cop503.jpg

cop504.jpg

cop505.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Replies

StreetxROBLOx - THANKS!! 8)

alienworlds.jpg

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00308

LOCATION: MILKY WAY - ALNITAK - ALNITAK 2-NS6, 2784 MI. OUTSIDE ORBIT

EARTH DATE: SEPTEMBER 13, 2080

MISSION DATE: DAY 2883

440fd816.jpg

Three years ago, we left Alnitak 5-NS4 and started a long and tedious trek through the system for 3-NS1 and 2-NS6. We believed 3-NS1 had an unknown surface composition that we wanted to study further, and that 2-NS6 might prove suitable for life as we know it. We were right about both. 3-NS1 had a giant crystallized surface, whose chemical composition was unlike anything found on Earth. We managed to collect a sample of what we now call "Alnitice."

alienworlds3081.jpg

We have spent the last six or seven days exploring, on foot and without breathing masks or protective gear, the alien world known as Alnitak 2-NS6. We have walked the plazas and trails of an intelligence long before us. We have entered its structures and studied its architecture. And as we did on 5-NS4, we have studied the animals of whom this intelligence once shared a world with, and have brought a few back on board. I hope they will get along well with Noah and Eve.

51069111.jpg

Our first expedition was going inside a structure that this world, Pluto, and our beloved home share in common. The interior of the giant pyramid mirrored those on Earth. Truly, we are witnessing our own history.

alienworlds3082.jpg

There were no hieroglyphs inside. There were no mummies. No tombs, no jewels, nothing. There is nothing to be found in the rest of the city as well. No bones, no corpses. No clothing, no art, no language, no documents, no furniture, no food, no vehicles, no weapons. But there were weapons, once.

alienworlds308.jpg

As we approached, from the air, the city we call the "City of Pyramids," we saw burnt corpses of buildings, and red stains on the windows of what we now believe to be residences. Part of the city is underground. No one is left hiding or surviving above or below. Only permanent stains of a people we have some form of a shared history with. There is also something else we share..the color of our blood.

The ancient pyramid on this world aligns with Alnilam, which was already our next planned system. Although without a computer one would never know, because the atmosphere is so thick on this world that you cannot see the stars at night. If there were any native intelligent species in the past, they would never have known anything else existed outside their world. I wonder what that would be like.

-P.S. We just celebrated the birthday of Jake Richmond by taking him down to the surface. If you remember back to my first log, I mentioned seeing children playing up and down the corridors. He was one of these children. When I first saw him he was four. He is now a healthy and strong twelve year old.

• Original Poster
  • alienworlds.jpg

ALNILAM 4-NS1

SYSTEM: ALNILAM

DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 1300 LY

LIFE: WASTELAND

SURFACE TEMPERATURE: 112°F

alnilam1.jpg