Sign in to follow this  
PrAyTeLLa

Few quick questions..

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

So I built some roads and built them too long as I was only laying the groundwork out. So i got to bulldoze a section and it wants to delete the whole freaking line. Is there a key or something I should be holding down to only delete a small section? Is there anyway to only delete a user-defined section of road or is it all or nothing?

The only way Ive found around it is to build another short road to cross it where I want it deleted from, and then I can delete the overhanging section which is still too much mucking around. Does that make sense?

Also, once something is set for demolish, is there some way to cancel it? Or do you just have to be careful what you're clicking just as the game autosaves?

So far I'm having fun, but I'm new to the series and only been playing with it for few hours. If you have any tips let me know. I have gone through the threads a bit but it seems a little light on. Thanks for your help.

- No, there is no such an option, sorry.

- That's the way I always use to deleted sections 2.gif

- You have to be careful, I speak out of experience.. 26.gif

Have a great time around here, welcome to Simtropolis (ST) 4.gif Hope you're going to make a journal of your city someday? Would be awesome. See you around,

Damastius

CXL General Discussion and CXL City Journals moderator.

A trick with what I do for those roads is that I put 2 little strips of road where you want in-between and delete it. You'll always delete what you want, but always remember to right-click after using it or else you could create a disaster in which you migh seek the government 3.gif

Another buldozing hint involving metro:

- When you use the area buldoze tool, you demolish anything in the area, including the metro line that happens to be passing underneath. I myself have done it countless times.
So, when you have a metro network in your city, be extremely carefull when using area buldoze!!!!! 
You can still use freely the point buldoze tool, though. This is also the only safe option when you're trying to buldoze something directly above the metro line.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for confirming this for me.

Another thing, when placing bus terminals I select my first bus route, but can't seem to be able to start the second? Is there anywhere I need to go to select Line 2? I can only delete Line 1 in the info panel, no where seems to have the option to create a second line.

P.S. I'm not very good with doing AAR / journals etc and I don't have much time normally, so don't expect any from me!

Thanks

Originally posted by: Ilikeseattle

With bus terminals, place a terminal on top of the original and you start a new line that way.quote>

Yep, that's it. Select the same type of bus terminal from the menu, and simply drop it on top of the existing terminal - a new line will start automathically.

By the way, have you guys thought of how ridiculous this is? I mean, come on - can you think of a rational explanation why you should drop another terminal on top of the first one to start a new line???? Instead of, say, adding a small button 'Add a line', or something, in the terminal's panelI... I guess somebody at MC simply got lazy, or, as usual, they didn't have enough time.

• Original Poster
  • Agree. I'm guessing that this is just a work around someone found out by mistake?

Considering this is the first time i've ever played this game with no history of previous games, there is some fairly random design decisions such as bulldozing the entire stretch of road, or not being able to easily work out how to add another bus line.

I also was trying to show only, i.e skilled worker's housing on the map using the filter to use for my bus line to their work areas, however I cant figure out any way to keep it on, as once you then select anything else like the bus terminal it reverts to normal view. Is there any way to show (and i really mean high-light) this type of info and it remain on screen until you un-select it?

Edit: While i'm asking Q's, whats the go with updates for this game? From my understanding we're not expecting one any time soon (or ever)?

And what is the mod that everyone uses that improves the basic game? I've had a look in the mod section and have used couple that change some of the leisure buildings and other that help with traffic, but is there any others that seem to be the one everyone uses? Anything for performance?

1. There is no grid so roads are defined by their 2 endpoints and their curves. It is supposed to work the way I mentioned.

2. It is possible to show any one wealth level and where they are employed but Data views could not be seen in underground mode in SC4 and editing transit lines is just like that.

3. There has only been one update for 2011 so far and it was to fix an error caused by STEAM. A patch is in the works.

4. Unlocker Mod v4

5. The only mods that affect performance do not improve performance but rather retard your computer by improving graphical display.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Ilikeseattle

1. There is no grid so roads are defined by their 2 endpoints and their curves. It is supposed to work the way I mentioned.

quote>

Ok, then why cant we select one point of the road and then another point and only delete that selected section? Wouldn't that be possible? Why cant we define the road we want deleted that way? If I build a straight road, I can extend it.. but we cant reduce it? Just seems like a fairly obvious design flaw to not allow us that flexibility without tricking the system by building intersections just to delete them.

2. It is possible to show any one wealth level and where they are employed but Data views could not be seen in underground mode in SC4 and editing transit lines is just like that.

quote>

I'm talking about Cities XL, not SC4, so I don't know what it has to do with. I havent play SC4 in at least 4 or 5 years. Unless you're saying they purposely made it impossible to give you the information you actually need to create efficient bus lines taylored to the various class of citizens only because another company's game didn't allow it?

3. There has only been one update for 2011 so far and it was to fix an error caused by STEAM. A patch is in the works.

quote>

Good to hear. I was worried when I couldnt find any info on the patch anywhere. Is there a link you can provide with expected fixes or really any official info about it at all? The only thing I've seen is people's personal email replies from Focus which mention future patches.

4. Unlocker Mod v4

quote>

Will look it up to see what it actually does. I spose a link or some info on it was asking too much?   4.gif

Seriously though, thanks for the replies.