Sign in to follow this  

Lot editor saving minor eror

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I saved lot made from open grass area and saved it as park1, but in game, the name of this is still open grass area. What can be problem?

I asked someone else about this, and I figure I might as well show the message so I won't confuse his words.

Me: Hi there 4.gif While I have your attention, I was wondering if you could give me some help on how to create custom descriptions for my lots. It would add a lot more professionalism to my work, as well as help with an upcoming project 9.gif

Cleaner475: Hiya 4.gif Its difficult for me to give you advice on this. The way I produce my lots is by opening the BAT and making and then exporting a item so small that you can't see it, then use the plugin manager to turn it into a park building. It basically works like a building, it means you can give your lot a custom title and name as well as changing the stats without actually having a building on it. Its easier than learning how to do it the way most people do it as I believe that involves using different programs to what your likely to have installed. If you'd like to do it my way but want more info I'm happy to help, if you'd like to try it another way I'm pretty sure there'll be an article in the omnibus.

So in review, BAT a small building (non-viewable) then place the building on your LOT. Then in the Plug-in Manager to convert the LOT/building into a park, and add your own descriptions and stats from there.

Hopefully this helps!

Faded Glory

That would most likely do it. Replacing the building would most likely replace the description of the lot.

However it doesn't affect it adding the lot into the game anyway, so you can still plop the lot if you want, disregarding the name error.

The file name (which is what you select/enter after clicking "Save as...") does in no way affect the in-game name of a lot. The in-game name is determined by a property named "User visible name key" or "Item Name", which are both contained in the building exemplar file.

I reckon the easiest and newcomer-friendliest way (i. e. with least tech lingo and nerd skill requirements) will be to open your lot in iLive's LEProp tool and enter a new name and description. This should do the trick.