Sign in to follow this  
TheRapture303

Railroad Problems

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

------------------

System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: FQ582AA-ABA SR5710F
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4450e (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 2942MB RAM
Page File: 1624MB used, 4493MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

And an NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 to boot.

But the point is I create railroads and the stations get 0 use, passenger or freight, placed right next to industry,

or residential of all types.  Also, when I try to drive any train in the U-drive it, it starts perpendicular to the

railroad itself.  I instantly get dropped out of U-Drive it and go back to mayor.  Recently had the GLR tram

installed, but I don't really recall if the trains were working before, new computer and all.  So I removed all

GLR related files when I noticed the problem.  Didn't work, so I installed the update on the maxis website.

Still nothing.  Anyone?

If you haven't got it, download the extra cheats dll file, put it at the main level in your plugins and load your city.

Press CTRL+X and right click on the dialogue box and choose show paths, press enter.  The pathing for your city will appear and you can see if the pathing length for your rail is longer than others.  If so, the Sims will not use your trains.

You can turn this off using hide paths.

The basic problem is that the route must be shorter to move passengers and freight than the road route.  If you have your tracks and stations strategically located, it will work just fine.  For industrial, you can run rail spurs into the zone and the adjacent plants will load freight directly on the trains.