Sign in to follow this  
Easy Bakes

Total Lunar Eclipse 2010.

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

I would so love to stay up and watch this, but I have to be up at 6:30 in the morning, sooo....

For anyone keeping track, this is the first Lunar Eclipse to fall on the Winter Solstice since 1378.

Originally posted by: A Nonny Moose

Overcast expected to continue.  Well, aziwaigoz.

quote>

Same for us in Tennesee. 15.gif  The skies were clear just a few nights ago too.

Just walked outside....Its cloudy here in the midwest in illinois....But the sky looks awesome. Completely orange. and i live pretty close to the country in a small town, so its not street lights3.gif

• Original Poster
  • In the most interesting parts clouds rolled in. pictures were terrrible no clear focus with the clouds in the way. and to dim for camera to focus dureing the full part of eclipse when there were no clouds.

..i live in Newark, Delaware EST...i watched periodically for 5 hours, it was an incredible event, not a cloud in sight....i stood for 20 mins with binoculars as the last sliver of light subsided into a grayish red...

...lunar eclipses are NOT rare, they do happen almost every two years (but they are only partial eclipses)..

.the last TOTAL (full) lunar eclipse visible in the northern hemisphere happened in the 1600's.

.at 3:17 EST, when the moon was completely buried by reddish shadows, the sky opened up to an even more spectacular sight...the constellation of Orion and the opposition of Jupiter...its was powerful..

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: A Nonny Moose

Was overcast here.  Did you stay up long enough to see Bailey's Beads?

quote>

thats for a Solar Eclipse.

Originally posted by: ilikehotdogsalot

Not a cloud in the sky here in Florida. I'm going to go see it and try to take some pictures.quote>

Yea it was raining the past few days but it was a good night to see the moon i completly forgot about it at midnight though 15.gif