Sign in to follow this  
Easy Bakes

Panama City Florida Shooting

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Supprized no one posted this yet.
Man Shoots up school board meeting caught on vidio tape.
only person hurt was gunman.

Disturbing footage

they showed the whole event on CNN wensday.

My favorite part was the woman who snuck back into the room to hit the gunman with her purse.   It didn't turn out the way she had hoped but it was still the best purse swinging maneuver I've seen in a while.

Fortunately the only one who got hurt was the gunman.   As the people in the room could tell, he was planning to die then.

I'm surprised YouTube has let that video stay up.

Although, I dunno... there's nothing wrong with most of it. Just cut out the shooting at the end and the rest is decent enough for TV (minus an expletive they'd have to bleep).

Apparently, according to the guy's wife, he was quite a skilled marksman who'd go to the shooting range all the time.

So, what happened was he missed on purpose. He didn't want to shoot anyone, he just wanted the cops to shoot him. And they did (and apparently, he then fired one more bullet into himself).

What's more troubling is that there were security guards at the door who were just standing there watching while this guy ranted and waved a gun around. Security should have shot him as soon as he pointed his weapon at someone. Don't give the lunatic a chance to pull the trigger. The guys on the school board are lucky he wasn't actually looking to hurt them, or he would have managed to.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Duke87

Apparently, according to the guy's wife, he was quite a skilled marksman who'd go to the shooting range all the time.

So, what happened was he missed on purpose. He didn't want to shoot anyone, he just wanted the cops to shoot him. And they did (and apparently, he then fired one more bullet into himself).

What's more troubling is that there were security guards at the door who were just standing there watching while this guy ranted and waved a gun around. Security should have shot him as soon as he pointed his weapon at someone. Don't give the lunatic a chance to pull the trigger. The guys on the school board are lucky he wasn't actually looking to hurt them, or he would have managed to.

quote>

That sounds about right, other wise he would have just shot the lady that hit him after he knocked her down.

I am not bothered by the rising amount of internet videos containing truly dramatic events. It is the essence reality tv strives for but is unwilling to produce to chance. Watching the video I genuinely felt moved to make people see reasoning. The woman with the purse is a fool and not the kind that were kept in courts of kings; she forfeited her life with a large handbag versus a giant of a man and was granted life by his rules for what appears to be a deeply thought out dramatic suicide. The lead board members who were doing the talking showed the most sense in the whole thing and I judge them to be of appropriate character for their position. The other board members had enough sense to sit tight and hush up.

I wonder at the gunman's rational and if there was any religious motivation for his actions. No not trying to make a religious point but making the choice to commit suicide but looking for the means to circumvent the eternal damnation guaranteed through suicide. "If I give someone cause to shoot me dead then I haven't commited suicide and will not be enternally damned."

Originally posted by: nathanthemayor

Oh boy. I hope the people who got shot are okay.....quote>

Nobody got shot except the gunman.

Originally posted by: EyeofMobius

I wonder at the gunman's rational and if there was any religious motivation for his actions. No not trying to make a religious point but making the choice to commit suicide but looking for the means to circumvent the eternal damnation guaranteed through suicide. "If I give someone cause to shoot me dead then I haven't commited suicide and will not be enternally damned."quote>

Eh, I doubt it. The reason people go for "suicide by cop" is because they want to die but don't have the cajones to actually kill themselves. It's difficult to do, much easier to get someone else to do it for you.

Besides, people who kill themselves are very often desperate for attention. Hence the desire to go out with a bang.