Craig-Abcvs

Statue Collection

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

product_image-186.jpg

The Statue Collection 01 started out the whole statue craze with a request to re-texture the whale, shark & dolphin statues used in the old RTK kit. It mushroomed into a larger collection of statues intended for use along beaches & the CDK3 shorelines... then expanded further to include a variety of both practical and whimsical statues. Pretty much anything we could put on pedestal and give a patina finish to... we made into a statue. Feel free to use them in the lots you develop and distribute.

Download Here

Enjoy!!

product_image1-144.jpg product_image2-55.jpg

product_image-185.jpg

The Classics is a collection of classic statue props that you can use in the Lot Editor

to make parks, museums, art galleries... or whatever your imaginations comes up with.

Download Here

Enjoy!!

Classics.jpg

* These custom props are free to use and distribute in lots your create for your own use or to publicly distribute.  If re-distributed, please reference the original prop pack as a dependency. Do not copy and redistribute the original prop material. Most of the props are larger in-game than the their bounding boxes will indicate in the L0t Editor. Most notably, the statuues with longer tails may extend beyond the tile that the prop is placed on.

So...it would be okay for me to make some of the statues into actually Lots for people to download, right? Just linky back to the dependency?

Ooo, now if only I can just persuade PEG to make me some cute anime guy statues as good as these. 9.gif Now that would make my day. 3.gif

ISF

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Chptrk

So...it would be okay for me to make some of the statues into actually Lots for people to download, right? Just linky back to the dependency?

quote>

Absolutely, that is the idea of these prop packs...  you take them and use them to create your own stuff in LE and then if you want you can upload them for others.

The only proviso is that you credit the original statue prop pack as a dependency.

hey there... downloaded the classic statue prop pack but have no clue where to find them in the LE??? i put the dat-file in my plugin folder, right under bsc props but couldn't make out how to use them for LE as i cannot find any props to create my lots... any help?!

• Original Poster
  • It also helps when you are using lot editor to rename your regular full plugins folder to something like "plugins1"  and then create a new empty plugins folder in your C: >documents>simcity4>plugins  directory.

Then only put in the prop packs and dependencies that you want to work with... this helps keep track of the dependencies for your lot, but also LE will load much faster, and the lists of props and textures will be much smaller and manageable.

SC4 will also load much faster with a lean development plugins folder... so you can quickly test your new lot out in your sandbox region  without risking tiles and regions that matter.

When you are done developing in LE and want to play the game again just rename your regular plugins folder back to 'plugins' and rename the development folder to something like 'plugins-dev'.     Remember to put your new lot into your regular plugins folder.