Rionescu

Show Us Your Interchanges - The Sequel

4,264 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

4 hours ago, dubldrop said:

Hwy 115 x Ridgemont Rd

5a56ccaf2103d_Ridgemont-Sep.10011515637836.png.c7bccf50f8b2358799e41828de863737.png

I like how you made the overpass wide enough to accommodate a future widening, as well as the northern ramps.

12 hours ago, TopDeej said:

I like how you made the overpass wide enough to accommodate a future widening, as well as the northern ramps.

I may have taken some real world inspiration on that front from Autoroute 50 in Quebec, which was built in the same fashion. I did drive on it recently and noticed how they built it with room to expand to a divided 4 lane in the future, as demand on the highway increases

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Autoroute_50

My IC project, an interchange of 2 main toll highways with railway station below it. Progress when built from scratch.

Screenshot on later January 2018, I made so much change to this area until later February, because the surrounding area is now extremely populated. Updates will be posted here soon

8044231_20180107011648.png

8044231_20180107011857.png

8044231_20180107011956.png

Btw the city's name is Kutawaluya (lit. Healed City)

Here's a massive stack interchange between Interstate 30 (up and down in picture; top is east) and the Interstate 430 West Loop on the west side of the city of Soderstrom.  It includes underground express lanes on I-30 plus express connector ramps for 4 out of the 8 possible movements:

yQ6sWT4.jpg

On the west (bottom) side of this interchange, the express lanes can also access the regular ramps connecting I-30 and I-430 (and vice-versa) too, although the two-way connector from west to south (right) directly connects the I-30 managed express lanes to the I-430 managed express lanes.

Just west of (below) the above image, Interstate 30 has this massive cross-section, achieving a maximum total of 28 lanes when considering the freeway lanes, express lanes, frontage roads, and all auxiliary and acceleration lanes.  This may very well be one of the widest freeways you'll ever see in SC4:

HGMqIzT.jpg

To explain this image, the frontage roads are the outermost (surface) streets, then there are collector lanes (essentially long ramps connecting traffic to and from the I-430 loop), followed by the I-30 mainlanes inside that, and finally the I-30 managed express (toll) lanes.  The weaving on-ramp on the bottom left side connects the westbound collector lane with the I-30 managed express lane, and a similar off-ramp for eastbound I-30 express also exists just below this image.

Nifty Maxis Highway interchange replacement project I am working on.

One of the last ones I have left. Also includes redevelopment of the surrounding area. Showing now before buildings block the view.

Click images for full size

0sYJFDw.jpg

4k2Chix.jpg

Well, some of the connections to the parallel avenue got lost in the process, but given the short spacing between, I think that's only realistic. Needless to say, that new intersection simply blows the old one out of the water.

I must confess that I was surprised to read that you actually still had some stretches of Maxis highway. But then I remembered that your region is so full of massive highways that it's actually not that surprising.

Now that little Maxis three-way intersection on the far left looks outright puny in comparison. *:lol:

14 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

Well, some of the connections to the parallel avenue got lost in the process, but given the short spacing between, I think that's only realistic. Needless to say, that new intersection simply blows the old one out of the water.

I must confess that I was surprised to read that you actually still had some stretches of Maxis highway. But then I remembered that your region is so full of massive highways that it's actually not that surprising.

Now that little Maxis three-way intersection on the far left looks outright puny in comparison. *:lol:

Thanks! This stretch is the last Maxis Highway section of one of the 'main drag' highways through my region. Built way back in 2010 when the highway was a RHW-4, I thought it was a good idea to cannibalize the shoulder to make a climbing / decent lane so I made it MHW.

This was also the very last stretch of Maxis Highway I ever built.

Yes the avenue connections are lost but I built a new climbing service road, and the interchanges to the north and east also provide redundant access, so not a huge loss.

Better view of the new climbing road with camera rotated. Provides better access. The RHW at the top of the hill is not up to full 'freeway' standards, so the new intersection is fine.

VaaJufZ.jpg

Transformation over the years, pulling from my Archives thread

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4575.160

-----

"Update" 24: Evolution of a T-Interchange

I love digging through my archives... Shows a lot of progress!

Highway interchange (My last MHW)
czSbwbDh.jpg

618yJrLh.jpg

1u8yFXqh.jpg

xFBYwNnh.jpg

DZM7wljh.jpg

tC7pgwSh.jpg

MfAXFCoh.jpg

...And Today

lYYsqIz.png

-----

Vid of the highway (before this project started)

(Made this video as soon as prop pox was fixed. Thanks again @simmaster07!)

Hahaha, an impressive retrospective... first a lot of evolution, and then - BAM! - a revolution with the RHW. This game has come a long way, and your highway network certainly reflects that.

A Little bit of work I've been doing on my new region.  Most of my freeways branch off from another via T-interchange, very rare I have two freeways crossing one another.  In this region though, there's one so far and a few more coming as I go along.  I don't have a photo of the one freeway crossing, but I'm rather pleased with my cloverleaf.  The images I do have are T-intersections, basic, simple, and for my needs with space constraint, fits perfectly.  Two different tiles each with two images.

The I222 freeway disconnecting from the I122 and continuing west towards Brimstone Bay. 

5ae137fc5b014_T.V.NorthValley-Jan.1001524602722.png.672a7e51e15f0a0e8f0a899d7615d39b.png

The I222 connecting to the I122 to share pavement for a kilometer of two.  I rather like this one.

5ae137ff24085_T.V.NorthValley-Jan.1001524601033.png.65c8e65ed1bc7082370f70d7145c2df2.png

Two tiles south, I had already begun to develop and realized that I had forgotten to branch the I622 that loops through the Cauldron Hills of the I822 that makes the southern loop portion of the freeway system in the region.  I hemmed and I hawed for a bit and decided I hadn't like what had developed and so it got utterly and completely destroyed, minus a few tress and some tree props that seemed to have survived these apocalyptic times. 

First major change was the freeway-to-freeway intersections.  I went basic T-design and managed to tighten them as best I could.  Look a helluva lot better than the originals.   I622 branching south off the I822 where it makes it's loop through Cauldron Hills.

5ae137f6b8f8f_T.V.SpringvaleDistrict-Jan.3001524610180.png.1897c695588d4f15b46425e40882bfd1.png

The I622 is branching off the I822 and headed a few kilometers north to connect to the I22, the city center east district.

5ae137f9aa380_T.V.SpringvaleDistrict-Jan.3001524610156.png.d71cc0f13d0611b00a0cfaa91045559e.png