A Nonny Moose

The Moose Factory - Virtual Bar and Grill - Version 3

4,154 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey!

Let's see...

A 40 oz Porterhouse, two orders of sauteed mushrooms, spinich, the Waldorf Pasta Salad(gross, but friends like it) and two pumpkin pies(also, fruit punch for everyone here, on me!)

The high bill? Eh, put it on the government's debt. It makes this bill seem like something from a dollar store.

Who want's more adverstising?!

Later on...: Has a competetor opened down Main St.? Buisiness is slower than usual...

• Original Poster
  • Bill?  What Bill?  Everything here is virtual and free. 

Two and a half pounds of meat (less bone)?  How many of you are sharing? 

You would have been better off with a 32-oz rib eye and an 8-oz chataubriand.  All meat, no bone, and you would like the way we do chataubriand, to say nothing of how we would grill that steak.  Extra mushrooms come with the chataubriand, along with a fair passel of veggies, all perfectly done.

Fruit punch for those too young to have anything else, but Sangria for those who would prefer it.  Remember, if you are underage, the autosystem will dealcoholize anything you order.

As for the government's bill, predatory birds always have one.  With the way the U.S. government is spending, we can't possibly keep up having only 10% of the population from which to suck it.  Our budget is less than the U.S. bank bailout.  It's a good thing that our banks didn't need one.  I hope the U.S. government will find some way to convert all that boardroom gold into dross sometime soon.  Golden parachutes should be made of vacuum.

Well, fruit punch is better hbecause when I was like, 5, I accidentily took a sip of beer, thinking it was apple juice, and hated it. That's my jiristiction on that.

Today, as it's 10 am here, I'll take a coffee and an omlet(How DO you spell this) with ham and cheese.

That steak was for me and for anyone else who bothered to sit at the same table as me.

• Original Poster
  • Sounds like a great pizza.  Enjoy.

Hi Jackie.  Off your diet?  That's a lot of food for you.  Bon appetit.

citiesxlfan42:  No one insists on liking alcohol.  Enjoy your omelet and coffee.  To fix any spelling just click on the ABC button at the top of the composer panel.  It calls up the spelling checker.

Christmas at the Moose Factory

(December 25, 2009. Service starts at 1600 Hours)

Welcome to our celebration of Christmas. We are going to try to make everyone of good will happy for the holidays. We will try to be inclusive of those celebrating other feasts such as Hanukkah and Saturnalia, but since we grew up in the Christian ethic, we hope to be forgiven for any slip-ups.

First, we want everyone to find a comfy spot and fill your hands with our fine hot cider or mulled ale or mulled wine as you please. There are platters of your favorite finger foods available on all the tables and the bar. So everyone warm-up, relax, and get in a festive mood.

Dinner Menu

French Onion Soup

Salad of Greens, imported for your delight - Choice of dressing

Roast Goose, Cratchett Style

Dressing with gravy

Best Gin Punch

Boiled Turnips

Fried Parsnips

Roast Potatos

Cranberry Fool

Best Mincemeat Tart with Clotted Cream

Platter of Nuts, Fruits and Cheeses

Fine Old Malmsy

Spanish Xeres

Cognac (may we suggest Remy Martin Extra)

Other beverages at your pleasure

Toasts

The Queen

The President of the United States

The Canadian Forces

Songs

The Maple Leaf Forever

America the Beautiful

Gens du Pays

Chanty: The King of France

Spanish Ladies

Auld Lang Syne

After dinner we propose a relaxing conversation about pleasant subjects. Favourite comestables are at hand.

It was a grate pizza; it's amazing how the auto system can get that wood fired taste as well.

Also your Christmas dinner sound grates, although you say warm-up, I hope it doesn't get any hotter hear, last year it was 35 C (95 F) on X-mass day, about 2 years before that it was 39 C (102 F),

Ohhh... Dec. 25 will be a great day! What a menu!

Anyway, I'll take a bratwurst with sauerkraut, relish, and onions.

Also, a Sierra Mist would be smashing!So, I'm reading a book called Dead Heat by Joel C. Rosenberg. America and it's government just got wiped of the face of the earth by an Italian/Liberian terrorist network. Did I mention it was NUCLEAR?! The entire government except for the vice president is toast. And the only super city left? Chicago!

Scary stuff, so... anyone else got a PLEASENT talk topic. well, don't look at me!

• Original Poster
  • Book is kind of a copy cat of one of Tom Clancy's, but it sounds interesting.  If you like things where the U.S. gets a boot in the unmentionalbles, try Balls by Richard Rohmer.  In that one, the yanks attack Canada to get at the natural gas in the north.  They don't win.

I hope everyone comes to the dinner on Christmas.  We are preparing for a crowd.  The KK dragon is setting up a huge daycare for the kiddies, so bring 'em along.  We expect to have fun and games for them, "like pin the blame on the other party" and "spin the newsroom".

Hi there. I happen to be a Vegan. is there anything here that suits my diet?

for example, I was wondering if I could get a Wheat Gluten Cutlet Sandwich with some Cake Batter flavoured Soy Ice Cream for dessert?

thank you!

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: TheWorldIsMyFuse

Hi there. I happen to be a Vegan. is there anything here that suits my diet?

for example, I was wondering if I could get a Wheat Gluten Cutlet Sandwich with some Cake Batter flavoured Soy Ice Cream for dessert?

thank you!quote>

Absolutely!  Do you need either protein or vitamin supplements added?  If you come to Christmas dinner, we'll arrange a vegan menu for you.  Anything special you'd like?

Hi, Jacky.  Enjoy your coffee.

• Original Poster
  • We are sorry, but the Christmas dinner service is not ready.  Please accept this serving of Pekiing Duck with stir-fry vegetables in the Szechwan style in their place.  We look forward to seeing you on the holiday.

• Original Poster
  • Welcome, GlobexCo.  I hope your fish was fixed to your taste.

Enjoy your steak, citiesxlfan42.  I like the TSO (both of them).

Well, I hope that jumps in your mouth, mrdazza_460.  My TSO is the Toronto Symphony Orchestra.  The other TSO appears to be a pick up group that tours and makes broadcast stuff.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: AngelOne

Rain,breezy and 45 deg. F outside. But it's nice in here. May I have the breakfast special with a glass of orange Juice please?quote>

For fans of Frank Herbert, the special is Spice Coffee, sliced Portyguls, and flatbread heated on a rock, the orange juice is served in a water bladder.  The body's water belongs in the body, so keep your stillsuit on.

Thanks, Craig.  Yep, all new stainless steel appliances, counters, servery, and delivery window.  The KK dragon was a little miffed because we only fixed up the back room with volcanic tufa, but you know how he is.

• Original Poster
  • Thank you, I am honored.  We have an especially fine shipment of spice beer from Seich Hayyadamia.  Enjoy.

By the way, my wife used the Ritual Against Fear when she was having panic problems.  Didn't solve it, but it helped.

I see that Version 3's been pretty slow... could I get some pancakes? I need some variety in my diet.

I'm just another ST old-timer dropping by for the first time in a good while.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Sorry to have not been in for a very long time, life is very busy at the moment. Enjoy the holidays!

Congrats to the Moose for being selected as the Best Virtual Sanctuary in the 2009 Trixie Awards!!

Way to go, John, Host with the Most...and congrats to Jacky for runner up!  Merry Christmas!

Toasts with a spice beer and grabs some finger food .

Just in from midnight service, can't wait till tomorrow's feast!  mrdazza, looks like it starts at 16:00, (4 PM) Eastern (ST) Time, but until then, there's always snacks.

arrr yes sorry X-mass is been and gone for us now, so I never know what time it you guy and girls work on, as for a snack. well I pig my self out to day on turkey, ham and pudding. so I need a nana nap, to revitalize,

what did every on get for X-mass