A Nonny Moose

The Moose Factory - Virtual Bar and Grill - Version 3

4,176 posts in this topic Last Reply

Originally posted by: N_O_Body

One coffee and one real beer.  Too bad there are not more discriminating customers, or just more customers for all that.

quote>

Are you poking fun at the beer I drink?  LOL2.gif

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Hard_Justice

One coffee and one real beer.  Too bad there are not more discriminating customers, or just more customers for all that.

quote>

Are you poking fun at the beer I drink?  LOL

quote>

Not at all.  Definitely better than the cat pee most people call beer.  I too am an ale drinker, but being diabetic, I rarely indulge.

Hard_Justice: Here is your dinner, it sounds so good I think I might get some for myself.

Has anyone else here ever seen Final Destination 2? It's an average horror/thriller movie from 2003. I'm terrified of logging trucks and recently forced myself to watch it, but now I'm somewhat obsessed. Haha oh the irony.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Hard_Justice

Rum and coke a thick cut T-Bone and a loaded baked potato please. Thanksquote>

What did you get on your baked potato?  You never know how the autosystem will interpret such a vague order.  However, I hope you got a nice buttered potato with sour cream, chives and bacon bits.

Originally posted by: Nerd_Guy

Has anyone else here ever seen Final Destination 2? It's an average horror/thriller movie from 2003. I'm terrified of logging trucks and recently forced myself to watch it, but now I'm somewhat obsessed. Haha oh the irony.quote>

Interesting.  You wouldn't like it around here, then.  I live in a woods, and there are logging trucks all over the place here.

Howdy! Do you serve Japanese food here? I'm in the mood for egg rolls with Hibachi Beef and a side of rice and steamed carrots. Thanks! Oh yeah, and some Dr. Pepper to drink, to go please!

Evenin', everbody.

Hey, watch where you're pointing that loaded baked potato!  It could go off!

Speaking of potatoes, why didn't the Mother Potato want her daughter to marry the famous newscaster? 

Because he was a commentator.

Ducks as patrons throw their potatoes.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: thepokemaniac

Howdy! Do you serve Japanese food here? I'm in the mood for egg rolls with Hibachi Beef and a side of rice and steamed carrots. Thanks! Oh yeah, and some Dr. Pepper to drink, to go please!quote>

We don't have take out, I am sorry.  But if you would like some real Japanese food without the prune juice, I believe the autosystem will look after you.  We have a new shipment of Kobe beef, and some nice Chrysanthemum stalks, so perhaps you would like some Sukyaki?

Nerd:  You forgot the no-takeout rule.  Food is meant to be enjoyed, and not on the fly.

nousername:  I am glad you found us, but the sign is pretty obvious.  I am sure the autosystem remembered your favorites.

Livin in Sim:  Well, at least he wasn't a dictater [sic].  

Evenin' Everybody!

Had a wonderful weekend, My grandson came over Friday night and stayed until this afternoon. We had tons of fun.

N_O_Body: I know you will be wondering because the math doesn't work. I know I am rather young to have a grandson but I do, a Step Grandson rather. I know he is not blood but I am the only grandfather he will know and he is the only grandchild I will probably have, so he is my grandson. BTW, the baked potato was great, it even had cheese on it.

Livin in Sim: Have you ever seen a potato blow up?

Everyone: You all can call me Steve if you prefer to.

• Original Poster
  • OK, Steve.  Well, I am in a similar situation.  My adopted daughter had a baby last year but I only get to see pictures.  She and her husband decided that Toronto was no place to raise a child so they moved to Newfoundland to live near his parents.  Alas, my son's wife had a miscarriage in about the same time frame, and I have not much to offer since then.

My family is scattered all across the continent.  My sister-in-law lives in Corvallus, Oregon, my sister lives about 100 Km north of Winnipeg in a small town, my son lives about 90 Km away, but we seem to be estranged, and my daughter lives on the Rock.  Here I am in just about the middle of the country on the west coast of Ontario, so we really are quite scattered.  Canadians seem to spread out but I am thankful that none of my family lives north of 60.

nousername:  Enjoy your breakfast.  Dew drop inn from time to time.

Jacky, enjoy your steak and chips.  We are here to solve the hungries.

*sits at counter* Could I get a Roast beef sandwich, smothered in barbicu sauce and cheddar, a side of fries and a bottle of Innis and Gunn beer please? 4.gif

N_O_Body: You're from the great white north? Sweet another fellow canuck, yea you ain't kidding about being spread out. I've got family that live in Ontario and Quebec, and yet i live in BC. On the upside the Olympics are in my backyard. 3.gif Anyways, I'll just have some pancakes with maple syrup and a coffee. along with some steaks for the dog sled.

Oh gosh *sits at table* im starving! hmmm...you know, im really in the mood for fish tonight too. alas though...im still underage...So i think ill go for a grilled salmon with a slice of lemon....extra spicy tonight 4.gif umm...*looks at menu* oh some mozzey stiks for the quick appetizer and with the fish i'll have a plate of steamed and buttered asparagus spears.......*eats* Yummmmmmm 9.gif

OK, Steve.  Well, I am in a similar situation.  My adopted daughter had a baby last year but I only get to see pictures.  She and her husband decided that Toronto was no place to raise a child so they moved to Newfoundland to live near his parents.  Alas, my son's wife had a miscarriage in about the same time frame, and I have not much to offer since then.

My family is scattered all across the continent.  My sister-in-law lives in Corvallus, Oregon, my sister lives about 100 Km north of Winnipeg in a small town, my son lives about 90 Km away, but we seem to be estranged, and my daughter lives on the Rock.  Here I am in just about the middle of the country on the west coast of Ontario, so we really are quite scattered.  Canadians seem to spread out but I am thankful that none of my family lives north of 60.

nousername:  Enjoy your breakfast.  Dew drop inn from time to time.

Jacky, enjoy your steak and chips.  We are here to solve the hungries.

quote>

You know, i am grateful that my entire family lives within 50 miles of each other 4.gif yet its kinda funny..im actually wanting to move up near Vermont because of all the scenery up there4.gif so i guess then we'll be seperated 43.gif All-in-all i guess Illinois is a good place to live. Take away the kniving, corrupted government of Chicago and several other cities' governments run by Chicago natives and its fairly decent 4.gif

N_O_Body: I understand the estranged part. I haven't spoken with my brother in eleven years (by a mutual choice), no plans in the near future either. I will also suspect that when my mother passes my sister will stop talking to me as well. Not sure what her reason would be but I would not be surprised.

*heads for the bar* Bacon wrapped shrimp sounds good tonight and so does the asparagus spears except I would like my lightly coated in olive oil then grilled and of course the usual miller lite. *very tasty*

• Original Poster
  • Wrightguy0:  Done, but wouldn't you be more comfortable at a table?

nousername:  Steaks for the dogs?  I thought they'd like fish, but sure.  Any source of protein is good for them.  Malamutes?  If you are running dogs you must be in the north.  Are you anywhere near Prince George?  Northern breakfast served.

For the benefit of all, I also answer to John.

Z77:  Enjoy your meal.  When you ask for spicy style salmon we usually coat it with our cajun spice and grill it just enough to make it flake.  Enjoy.

the kniving, corrupted government of Chicagoquote>
      Now is that a freudian slip, and did you mean to say "coniving"?

Ok, Steve, I like grilled asparagus as well.  I have an outdoor grill that I hardly use anymore since I got an indoor smokeless electric one.  If you can, try and mend family fences.  My mother had seven sisters and the only one she spoke to very much was the one who was a nun.  She carried grudges well, and carried them to her grave.  Try not to do that.

thanks.

I prefer the counter, you get to talk to more people that way *takes a bite of his sandwich* Mmmmm, that's good

Man, my job sucks, my cousin is going to be home this christmas, and he's bringing his new wife home for the holidays, my aunt wants us all to come up to ottawa for a few days, I can't go because I don't have vacation time, The last time i saw my cousin, i don't even remember when or if i've met him, and i have never met his wife. heck, i'll even be working christmas day 15.gif

@ John:  3.gif

@ Steve:  Yes, I have actually seen, or rather heard, a baked potato blow up.  It makes a very satisfyingly scary "whomp", but the mess in the oven is awful, just awful.

Your salmon sounds delectable, and asparagus is my favorite vegetable.  I once made some crudités by marinating the spears in a bit of a olive oil viniagrette.  After that I grilled them, brushing them with the extra marinade, then wrapped them in thinly sliced smoked salmon, popped them in the oven long enough to reheat.  They were popular.  Salmon and asparagus do go well together.

My family and I are pretty mild Midwesterners; we just feel blessed to have made it this far, and we never have been much to waste energy a feudin'.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Wrightguy0

Man, my job sucks, my cousin is going to be home this christmas, and he's bringing his new wife home for the holidays, my aunt wants us all to come up to ottawa for a few days, I can't go because I don't have vacation time, The last time i saw my cousin, i don't even remember when or if i've met him, and i have never met his wife. heck, i'll even be working christmas day quote>

I conclude you work in some service industry, like firefighting.  Retail is closed on Christmas day (I hope).  My deepest sympathy.

Livin in Sim:  Sounds delicious.  Best I've done in that line is to wrap the spears in bacon.  The bacon has to be partially cooked, then finally crisped up in the oven.  Its a bit tricky.  Have you tried cold asparagus (cooked) in a light mayonnais sauce?  Great as a pre-prandial appetizer.  Also good at cocktail parties.

N_O_Body:  May I ask what kind of electric grill you have?  I have been wanting one except it must be a good one.  I will consider mending the fences with my sister but you can forget my brother until he come crawling on his hands and knees to our/my mother and apologize for hitting her.

Wrightguy0:  It sucks having to work the holidays.  I've done it quite a few times in my younger days.

Livin in Sim:   We used to take a potato and drill four to five small holes in them and stick firecrackers in them.  Baked potatos worked the best.  LOL  We also used to stice an m-80 in them and bomb each other when we were kids.  Talk about a mess.  What fun.

• Original Poster
  • Steve, its a T-Fal.  Came with two plates, a grill and a flat surface.  It has a water tray under the elements and all three parts go in the dishwasher.  The element section just needs wiping.  It is not very large but I can get a couple of farmer's sausage and some basted asparagus on it without any problem.  It is also great for pancakes, and you can heat a small pan of syrup on the side as well.  I inherited this from my parents nearly 20 years ago, so newer ones can only be better.

Ah, brotherly love.  In this case, I tend to agree with you.  There is a special place in the rings of Dis for guys like him.  If you leaf through the Inferno I think you'll find it.  Sisters are another matter when the brothers are fighting.  They cling to one and dishonour the other or vice versa.  Sigh.

Anyone who bakes or nukes potatoes without piercing them through and through gets to clean up the mess.

Meanwhile, here's the menu for the weekend:

Grey Cup Weekend Menu

CFL Championship (Calgary this year)

Bloody Caesar or Bloody Shame for those underage

Winter Melon Soup

Miscellaneous Finger Foods

Center Field Rack of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary

Mashed Potatoes in the Sacked Quarterback Style

Vegetables of the Season

Humble Pie for the losers

Edible Gold Leaf Pastry Tray for the Winners

Coffee, Tea, Brandies and Liqueuers.

thepokemaniac:  Wow!  That can really throw a damper on things.  However, remember, cancer can be beaten.