Sign in to follow this  
Greybeard

So much for 'Real Time' Viewing of your city stats online

23 posts in this topic Last Reply

Reply I got back from Citys AL support when I asked why my city pages haven't been updateded in 3 days.

----
Due to a huge number of contacts on our website we have been forced to interrupt the immediate refresh of the date (normally each modification, once the city is upload, is updated on the website) and from now on all the updates on the website will be done at the same time for all the users one a week.

We apologies for this inconvenience.

Feel free to come back to us for any other issue, doubt or simple remark you want to point out.

The Cities XL team

-----

Excuse me, where on there Web Pages is an announcement of this chage of service?

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: lucifon

Hopefully this will be sorted soon considering its a paid servicequote>

Well, what it says to me is its sorted already..

"from now on all the updates on the website will be done at the same time for all the users one a week."

Sounds to me like your cities webpages get updated once per week..

is that correct ? only once a week update ?

That is going to suck big time as trade is being done daily for many of us building city empires from work !! seriously that will put a hamper on growth.

Wow... I wrote them awhile back and they said they was working on it, i never got anything like this... If it's true and only updates once a week, I wont pay for another 3 months PO. That's BS.

Well I don't know about any of that, but my city stats on the website updated immediately on exit last night. I presumed it was when it says uploading to server. I've seen that upload fail before and when it did it hadn't updated the web, but that wasn't the case for me last night.

Guys, I am sure this will be temporary. Lets all calm down a bit, step back, and watch things play out. I understand it is your money, but nothing is perfect in something like this. There are always bugs and setbacks. 4.gif

The city stats update had been temporarily suspended to help with the issues we had on the website on the week-end. But it is now back as intended, which is updating the stats each time the city is uploaded on the servers. 4.gif

To further clarify, we have no intention of having longer delays between updates, as this would indeed defeat the whole purpose of the web city profile pages and trading functionalities. Sorry if the formulation in the email proved misleading.

If you so happen to notice any weird behaviour in synchronization, please inform us, mentioning the name of the city and time, so we can look into it.

Thank you for clearing this up Mathew, It was one of the more important options for me to have with the PO. I can confirm too that it has been fixed with a fresh planet upload to the servers. (IE: Going to your city and going back to planet mode).

Originally posted by: Mathew_MC

The city stats update had been temporarily suspended to help with the issues we had on the website on the week-end. But it is now back as intended, which is updating the stats each time the city is uploaded on the servers.

To further clarify, we have no intention of having longer delays between updates, as this would indeed defeat the whole purpose of the web city profile pages and trading functionalities. Sorry if the formulation in the email proved misleading.

If you so happen to notice any weird behaviour in synchronization, please inform us, mentioning the name of the city and time, so we can look into it.quote>

Good to know. 19.gif

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Mathew_MC

The city stats update had been temporarily suspended to help with the issues we had on the website on the week-end. But it is now back as intended, which is updating the stats each time the city is uploaded on the servers.

If you so happen to notice any weird behaviour in synchronization, please inform us, mentioning the name of the city and time, so we can look into it.quote>

Well, All my cities have uploaded recently and they haven't updated on the web pages. So all I can assume is the above is lip service.

It's not working for me yet either, all my cities still show old data. Although the token list seems correct, population etc. all show 0

Originally posted by: Teeril

It's not working for me yet either, all my cities still show old data. Although the token list seems correct, population etc. all show 0quote>

Yeah, it kind of lowers the MMO-factor down a notch or two when it's not real time.

Hopefully they'll get it ironed out soon or lots of people are going to get PO-ed.  (Get it!?!?  PO-ed?, I crack myself up!)

It looks like the web stats decided to contradict my statement...

In any case, to answer Greybeard's opening message, the plan is still to have the webstats update "live" (each time the city is uploaded or so). The fact it is not doing so at the moment is only temporary measure while we are working on making trade fully functional once and for good.

Quick question about trading through the website:

What's the point? 9.gif I mean, my city's not progressing, because I'm not logged on... so I can make a trade, but I won't be receiving money or resources untill I log in. Is it just so I can organise my trades so it's better when I do log on? Or is there something more to it...? (though admittedly, while typing this, my mind went "oh hey but wait, that's actually quite useful...!" >.<)

*runs of to trade on the website a bit*

Originally posted by: Kredit

What's the point? I mean, my city's not progressing, because I'm not logged on... so I can make a trade, but I won't be receiving money or resources untill I log in. Is it just so I can organise my trades so it's better when I do log on? Or is there something more to it...? (though admittedly, while typing this, my mind went "oh hey but wait, that's actually quite useful...!" >.&lt2.gif

quote>

I find the website handy because I can work on optimization when I'm at work.  For example, I've got a surplus of oil that I need to get rid of because one of my high profile contracts fell through while I was away from the game.  No problem, I won't lose a dime while I'm away because all I have to do is sign in on the website and re-submit the contract for hire.  It's a nice way to keep things in check so you don't come back to any surprises.  VERY VERY good design feature on MC's part.  I really enjoy this.

Originally posted by: Psycho_Teddy

Originally posted by: Kredit

What's the point? img] I mean, my city.<%7Boption%7D/forum/i/expressions/2.gif" border="0' alt='2.gif" border="0'>

quote>

I find the website handy because I can work on optimization when I'm at work.  For example, I've got a surplus of oil that I need to get rid of because one of my high profile contracts fell through while I was away from the game.  No problem, I won't lose a dime while I'm away because all I have to do is sign in on the website and re-submit the contract for hire.  It's a nice way to keep things in check so you don't come back to any surprises.  VERY VERY good design feature on MC's part.  I really enjoy this.

quote>

yeah, as I said, I kinda figured that while I was typing this question 3.gif Good feature indeed!

I think it would be foolish to make any decisions based on quick response statements.  Yes, you're paying to play, and you should get good service.  But wouldn't you prefer your $ go towards fixing current content and creating new content?  Give the developers time to deal with problems as they inevitably arise - MMO launches are often much more rocky than this has been.  I for one enjoy a 'rough start' as something to fondly remember when new issues arise in the months and years to come.  Tolerating the inperfections will give you a superioor feeling over other players who join late and don't know 'how good they have it' 3.gif