Livin in Sim

What Music are you listening to right now?--The Second Verse

4,905 posts in this topic Last Reply

53 minutes ago, RobertLM78 said:

This is an amazing band right here.

The embedded video you posted said 'video not available'  so I posted this one as these are some very sweet sounds for sure worth sharing.

48 minutes ago, RandyE said:

The embedded video you posted said 'video not available'  so I posted this one as these are some very sweet sounds for sure worth sharing.

It's annoying when that happens. 

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Asu ni Mukatte Hashire"「明日に向かって走れ」 ("Run Towards Tomorrow")

Curiously, the fuzzy lighting and even fuzzier sound in the DVD for this show makes it looks like it was done in the '70s rather than in '98.  Also, so does young Miyamoto-san's hair!  Japanese David Cassidy is too cool.

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Atarashī Kisetsu e Kimi to"「新しい季節へキミと」 ("To the New Season With You")

I don't normally like this song, but, this performance in the Budōkan is still cool.  Also, older Miyamoto-san's hair...!

I admit I packed some 150 of their songs and videos on my smartphone and players, so if the power goes out this weekend during Texas's hurricane landfall, I will not be deprived of my EleKashi.

17 hours ago, Odainsaker said:

so if the power goes out this weekend during Texas's hurricane landfall, I will not be deprived of my EleKashi.

By the looks at the excessive speeds people are driving in Houston, panic and shock are starting to severely impact people.  If things get as bad as being predicted, the governments will have to declare it 'legal' for people to access any sturdy private buildings that can get them above water.

I'd post a piece of music, but I don't think it would help.

Otto Waalkes - fishes flipper flip-flop (its so difficult to sing, he messes up with the jawbreaker - something like "she selled sea shells at the sea shore.")

The Elephant Kashimashi (エレファントカシマシ)  -  "Anata no Yasashisa o Ore wa Nani ni Tatoeyou"「あなたのやさしさをオレは何に例えよう」 ("What Would I Compare Your Kindness to")

From the end of the "Life TOUR 2002" DVD at the now-demolished Shibuya Public Hall.

I'm sure I am not correctly catching the name of Yamamoto Takuo's saxophone/trombone/trumpet group..."Hon Saxo" maybe...but singer Miyamoto-san's shout-out to them is a fun moment of potentially inadvertent Engrish.  Just what is he calling them all?

I spent an hour once in a rented studio with a heavy drummer guy with a broken leg railing simple bar chords up and down on the guitar, but no, it didn't look or sound anything like this...

@RandyE look at the mikes - every single percussion has it's own line into the mixer so on ever single percussion you can insert different effects like hall and compression and EQ and place it in the stereo mix. The setup of the sound-pickup is so important to make drums sound good. Roundabout 1:50 her timing isn't well.

Why did you do it? Why did you name your band 'Stretch'??????

3 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

Roundabout 1:50 her timing isn't well.

Yeah I can hear the disconnect.  It sounds like there's too many beats on the bass and its out of synch. --her leg must be having a spasm. The acoustic instruments seem to be more forgiving as we realize its not a machine playing.  

Hugo Montenegro & Orchestra  -  "Yesterdays / Smoke Gets In Your Eyes"  -  Medley of songs originally by Jerome Kern and Otto Harbach

It's not so much the period Broadway showtunes that I'm interested in, but the images of the sumptuous Art Deco interior of the French ocean liner SS Normandie:

wzobj-image_548ac79e25ca3.jpg

That is sailing in style!

The basic form of the expression goes back many thousands of years, even tens of thousands of years to the very origin of human tonal vocalization and percussive rhythm 

I can hear the sound of George Martin and Apple at the onset proceeding into Rush sounds.  The English and the Yanks for some reason consider Rush the greatest Canadian rock band.  I strongly disagree, but then I'm a west-coaster and I love the sounds of the sweet romantic passion of the final frontier. This band played at my high school.

Walker  -  "Tiānzhēn"《天真》 ("Innocence")

A variation with alternative lyrics of "Fúkuā"《浮誇》originally by popular Hong Kong singer Eason Chan (陳奕迅).

A must admit, I like Walker's singing sound here over Eason's.  The video scenes and theme come from the popular adventure novel, manhua, and now television and film series Dàomù Bǐjì盗墓笔记》(Grave Robbers' Chronical), written by Xú Lěi (徐磊).  Waah, Kylin...

Room service, can I get an hundred lean double cheeseburgers with BLT, a touch of mustard and a slice of dill pickle, supersize me on the fries with lots of salt, put it on the medical bill.