Boggy1

The Simtropolis Closet Thread - deux!

1,951 posts in this topic Last Reply

Welcome to The Simtropolis Closet!

So, I have been invited to restart The Closet Thread, as the old one was getting pretty reverse-page-flip-buggity.

The general purpose of this thread is to discuss matters of sexuality and orientation, though of course you can (and we have) meandered off-topic quite a bit. Anyone and everyone is welcome here, be you gay or straight - or anything in between - so please don't be shy! 1.gif

But before we get down to business, I have a quick announcement to make...

Bzzzzt . . .

Ground Rules (copied from the old thread)

Fellow Closeteers,

After extensive research, the moderators and topic originator have decided to put forth a clear demarcation of guidelines for this thread.  The reasoning behind this is that debates that start in this thread nearly always degenerate into flame wars or something close to it.

So here are the guidelines for what this thread is all about.

This is what this thread is for, in GingerBlokey's words, which we agreed with:

"The closet is a place for GLBT, questioning, and straight people to come, discuss their problems, chat about clothes, men, women, etc. and not be negative about each other.  It is a place for everyone to chill, show some pics, have fun, and tell a joke or two."

This is what the thread is not for:

- Heavy psychological or sociological debate.

- Above all, this thread is not for debate as to whether homosexuality is "right" or "wrong!"

Any post that falls into the category of what this thread is not for will be edited instantly.  No longer will we be waiting to "see how this goes" as we have done in the past.  This thread is now 50+ pages and we all now have a pretty good idea of when something is going to degrade into bashing.  We will no longer be reaching that point.

You are more than welcome to discuss the "rightness" or "wrongness" on your own time, but not here.

So as not to be too heavy-handed, there are exceptions to these guidelines.  For example, if somebody come to the Closet with a gay-related problem or issue to be sorted out, and light or moderate polite debate ensues over the offering of solutions, then that's okay.

Finally, these guidelines are not up for debate.  This idea has already been discussed at length between those in charge of the thread. 

ISF

. . . bzzzzt!

Right, so, after that quick diversion, I'd like to welcome everyone in again!

As this is a brand spanking new closet, I invite all of you to throw yourselves in, settle down, and dump your baggage on the floor (not you Zel; I hate rabbits!).

I guess I should start right? As I'm sure most of you know already, I am gay, and I have a wonderful boyfriend of, so far, one year and several months. 

<3!

I don't really consider myself a flamboyant gay. I'd say that most people wouldn't guess that I am gay at all, certainly not from the way that I talk or walk or act. I hate conforming to stereotypes! =P

I came out to my parents and friends (not in that order) a couple of years ago. My Mum is fine with it, but I don't think my Dad really understands the concept (he is old fashioned!), so we don't really discuss it at all. Even though its pretty obvious I have a boyfriend - who my Dad has met and gets on with quite well - its gone to a sort of don't ask, don't tell policy 3.gif

So, what else? Well, my interests don't really conform to the 'gay scene' much. In fact, I'd say both me and The Boyfriend are pretty old fashioned! We're really into long calm country walks, film cameras, old architecture, old cars, antique furniture...stuff like that. I think we were probably born into the wrong century! (oh how I wish I lived in an 18th century Georgian manor-house). Myself, I'm really into photography and writing. I'm off soon to study English Literature at Uni..though how this will effect my relationship with The Boyfriend I can't say. =[

Recently, he got me really into film SLR cameras. I've now bought a full set from ebay, which had a tonne of lenses, filters, a bag, two camera bodies, a flash, a tripod...stuff like that. It's all in lovely condition, but I havent actually taken many photos with it yet (too scared!). Still, the CLICKITY-CLICK of the film is absolutely brilliant; far more fun than a digital camera.

I can't think of anything much else to say, apart from one thing. . .

LET THE CLOSETING COMMENCE!

(ive wanted to say that for so long)

I went to my first Gay bar last night, me, my friends lotsa drinks and some great music, surprisingly packed for a gay bar in this city. It was a good time and I'm glad I went. there were plenty of people, the night was warm, I only wished I could have stayed longer, but my drive was leaving around midnight and I would have been stuck in the city.

Originally posted by: Wrightguy0

welcome to the closet, we have shoes, tons and tons of *sigh*..........shoesquote>

My wife made me chuck out some of my old shoes the other week...  but I guess boat shoes are not really the fashion anymore...   and how many pairs of sneakers does a guy really need?   I kept my old army boots though...  they are cool.

Oh and for the record...   Married, two boys and straight...  but I am allowed to hang in here right?

sure thing, gay, straight, bi, transgender, furry, etc, so long as you have an open mind and don't cause a ruckusquote>

Hmmm...

What if you're not sure?  I'm mean, sometimes I feel straight, sometimes I feel gay, sometimes I feel masculine, sometimes my feminine side wants out, etc., etc.

HEY!! YOU THERE.  YES, YOU -- THE ONE WITH THE DRESS ON!  C'MON DOWN!!

uh, vandy, you know this is a public forum, right?  as in everybody in the world can read what you're writing.  you do realize that don't you?

Holy Crap!  Did I write the above?

Just move along, folks.  There's nothing to see here...

Hi, Folks.

Boggy1:  Thanks, Boggy, for starting a new closet thread.  It's nice to have a fresh coat of paint on the walls.  I want you to know that I'm standing for you and yours, my friend.

D - O - O - K - ! - !

S.I.x:  What a novel idea -- a storage closet.  We can store all our old threads, bad luggage, sad times, angry retorts, etc.

Wrightguy0:  Hello, my friend.  It has been a long time since I've had the pleasure of chatting with you.  Were there any straight "googlers" at the bar?  I've a friend that tells me these type of people can be a real pain.  I'm glad you had a good time.

SimsRealtor:  Hello, and welcome to the Closet!

abcvs:  Hello to my favorite NZler.  It is always a pleasure when I get a chance to chat with you.  Your dear wife "made" you throw out your old shoes?  Don't you know that old shoes are great to use when working in the yard.  (That is, unless you purchased a pair of workboots for that purpose...)

Well, I guess I should state for the record that I am straight (most of the time...), married for 35 years, one son, one gradnson.

I look forward to chatting with y'all again.

SUPERCAT GIRL OFF TO RESCUE ANOTHER UNFORTUNATE SOUL!!

MEWRORW!!

Vandy out.

it's kind of a mixed place, plenty of gay people, but some straight people, there is a sign on the door that says management is not responsible for anyone turning gay past this point 3.gif

Vandy: next time your on ST drop on into chat

Originally posted by: Duke87

Is it just me, or did Vandy seem way out of character there?

quote>

Hey, Duke (and anyone else who is confused),

Perhaps a bit out of character given my posting style and commentaires in certain threads but a very real post nonetheless.  I would imagine that the humor I tried to inject into my post was a bit more subtle and obtuse than it needed to be.  I do apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

Mine is a multi-faceted psyche and one that can be difficult to understand at times.  (Lord knows I have enough trouble myself at times.)  Nonetheless, I am that I am and it not be you but be me.

You see?

Regards,

Gary

Originally posted by: abcvs

Vandy has never been quite the same since he started flouncing around in that Drama Queen outfit a while back...

quote>

Ah... I knew Vandy looked way prettier these days... I just couldn't put my finger on the reason 18.gif

36.gif  Réponses Personnelles  36.gif

Hello.

I thought I'd bring myself up-to-date and reply to y'all.

abcvs:  I'll have you know that I * AM * NO * D-R-A-M-AQUEEN * ! * !  HHMMFF!

Zel:  I happen to like frilly pink dresses.  They really bring out the que- er, lady in me.

Duke:  One person's grammer and all that...

Cheese89:  Why, thank you.  That was ever so kind of you!

s.i.X:  It all depends upon what the queen's draggin', Dearie...  11.gif

Okay, enough sillyness.  I honestly don't know why I've gravitated to this series of odd avatars.  I can tell you EXACTLY when and why I started using the Drama Queen avatar but it is a story better kept to myself as it involves "cross-site" politics.

As for the tutu avatar, I was very active in Paint Shop Pro Yahoo Groups for a time -- especially groups that made nametags.  One of my best nametags was an animated .GIF of an old balding man in a tutu jumping up and down like a ballet dancer.  I "slapped" on my nic Vandy and, (to misquote the French) walla, I had a nametag.

As for my current avatar, SUPERCAT GIRL!, I found a site called SP Studio that allows you to create your own custom South Park character.  From that, SUPERCAT GIRL! (and some others that I haven't debuted yet) was born.

Okay, that should pretty much bring you up-to-date on the Vandy Avatar situation.  I suppose we ought to try and get back on-topic now.  After all, this isn't PP!

While I don't wear my wife's underwear or crossdress for real, I must say that I do love the feel of nylon against my skin.  I don't know what it is but it really feels soft, cool and sensual all at the same time.

Regards,

Gary

thank you all for perpetuating my theory that gay people are the most interesting people in the universequote>

At least half the people who have posted in this thread so far are heterosexual.

thank you all for perpetuating my theory that gay people are the most interesting people in the universequote>

Vandy's not gay.  He just plays one on ST.

Queer, yes.  But not gay.  9.gif

ISF

Originally posted by: Zelgadis

Vandy's not gay.  He just plays one on ST.

Queer, yes.  But not gay.  

ISF

quote>

Good grief what does that make me then?

:: brief pause for identity crisis ::

I can tell you EXACTLY when and why I started using the Drama Queen avatar but it is a story better kept to myself quote>

Indeed, however (not being one to gossip) ... I don't think that your keeping the dress for as long as you did was quite the intention of the other party at the time.    A very nice betchslap in yourfaceplace indeed, on your part I must say.

Watch and learn people... watch and learn.

OK shutting up now.

Mostly.

abcvs over and naughty.

PRIDE!

Yup, it's that season!  Post your Pride day pics if you have them!  I just got back from Toronto's Pride parade.  Fantastic as always.  9.gif  A million people showed up!

First up, some nice stuff from the parade itself.

0142wzw.jpg

0141j.jpg

The Trojan truck.  Okay, so they're dressed as Romans, not Trojans.  Who gives a damn anyway?  3.gif

0103a.jpg

Random truck

0096l.jpg

Guy on a rooftop dancing.  3.gif

0144d.jpg

Me (on left) after the parade standing next to random queen.  Friends edited out.

0145n.jpg

Got my picture taken with a guy at the Trojan booth.  And they were giving away free samples!   Yay!  9.gif

If you have a Pride event in your town, go!  It's fun!  Take pics and post them here.  9.gif

ISF

• Original Poster
  • Ahaha, uerm, okay Zel, from your pictures; that's the reason I don't want to go to a gay pride event. 3.gif

Also; me and Neil celebrated our 20th month anniversary a few days ago. 4.gif