2,251 posts in this topic Last Reply

3 hours ago, Yarahi said:

Has only taken me forever

A carpenter once told me: the wood growing slowest is the most tough. My rep points stands for the amount of silly remarks I made. Each of your rep points represents a member you helped. Your rep points are norwegian wood.

My rank has become 'Veteran'.

Veteran from what? WW1? So take this rank as an excuse if my posts sounds like coming out of a brain three times wounded by shrapnels and finally fossilized.

And above me is a young lady with 4000 rep points ... still in best conditions to fight for the glorious victory of this community.

And me with a rank of a retired, broken man.

Charlie_Brown_sad-791.png?rect=0,0,401,4

First (so I'm keeping in line with milestones) I passed 2500 posts a little while ago. But, what I really want to mention is that I've recently been demoted to Urban Architect. As many of you know I prefer farm regions. I wonder if I'll later get a promotion to Rural Architect. :}

43 minutes ago, Haljackey said:

You need the .gif of that

...And my (text) CML has been around for a long time. Should be nothing new here.

Still, it would be very exciting to see some colorful ones with drawings and logos and such, SC4D style.

I have now 2,000 reputation points :)

Next milestone, the 3,000 posts :D

Mount Everest is 8848 meters.

So far only one member of Simtropolis ever climbed over 7000 rep points. But now there is a second one very close to surpass this magic altitude. And a third one isn't that far behind and he's a fast climber. These are exciting days on Simtropolis.

With his first post ever on Simtropolis @Falandra managed to do something I was convinced it's impossible - to give with his avatar's colours to the forums a harmony with the colours of the avatar of  @matias93 - who was - by an unbelivable coincidence - the first person to answer that post.

You may not share my opinion - but to create such a moment of visual harmony on the base of neongreenyellowsomething  - (means: on such a level of difficulty) - this is a true milestone to me.

While I was away I missed that @rsc204 is now the third member ever passing the 7000 reputation points mark. Well, okay - we all expected this, didn't we?

Some would call him a pillar of the community - me, I'd like to call him a sail. Made me lotting new things, made me to start with BAT. Helped me to get further, learned much from him. So I'll take the oportunity to say thank you for being here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Chief ZDN
      Hello,
      Security is important. Lots of sites have a security center. Imagine if I am a security researcher/white-hat hacker and I found an exploit. What should I do? Is there a security center? Is it private? Does the community have a good disclosure process?
      Thanks.
    • By Chief ZDN
      Hello,
      The major redesign of the site header led by @corinagrigorovici (eh, @CorinaMarie) and @CycleDogg (again, I mean @Cyclone Boom) is awesome. A new logo is included in the top of the logomark (text as a logo). This change also brought a new thing, @A Nonny Moose memorial button with its tooltip. But, anything in the world isn't perfect. Simtropolis' header has some flaws. The logo location is above the logo, which not fine. This isn't a problem if the logo isn't too tall like the Walt Disney logo, but our logo is too tall. So, we need to resize our logo so the logo isn't too tall. Or, switch to unstacked version, like SimCity 4 Devotion or Ubuntu did. If two choices aren't sufficient, you may switch to logomark only version, while using the logo in cases like Twitter avatar. The memorial button location isn't fine, thanks to the very tall logo. The fix is relevant too, fix the logo first, then align the button if not correct.
      I hope you'll accept my suggestions. Sorry for mistakes.
      Thanks.
    • By CorinaMarie
      Introduction to Simtropolis

Image created by @Cyclone Boom using:  Simtropolis Sign by Ceafus 88, and MYOS Make Your Own Sign by jbizzle.

Hiya! We're so glad you dropped in to see us.
      Simtropolis is primarily a site for people who love City Building games. We have major forums for SimCity 4, Cities: Skylines, and SimCity (2013) as well as a few others in the gamer topics. Our members are friendly, courteous, and helpful and range in skill levels from beginners to technical gurus.  The forums are where we discuss all manner of city building ideas. Whether you are a player or a custom content creator (or both) we have places ideally suited for your needs. If you haven't signed up yet to be a member, how about dropping by our New Member Registration Page?
      We also have the SimTropolis EXchange which is our files section containing (literally) thousands of files to improve on the basic games. These include bug fixes, maps, textures to change the terrain-related aspects, lots, buildings, props, game altering mods, and more. These are available for download by members and guests alike. (However, members are not presented with any ads.)
      Now, of course, we do have some easy to abide by rules you'll want to read in the Site Guidelines and for custom content creators and users in the STEX Code of Conduct. Be sure to check those out because they apply in full force to everyone here whether you read them or not.
      Ok. Have you registered yet?
      No?
      I'll wait.
      Great! Now that you are a member you can Introduce Yourself Here.
      And here's how I've laid out the rest of this introductory thread:
      Basics of Using the Forum Software Overview of the Forums Overview of the STEX Overview of the Omnibus You can click those links above or just scroll down as each one is in its own separate post in this thread.
      Also, if you have any issue come up which you feel is best discussed in private, feel free to send a Private Message to one of our Staff Members. Tip: Look over on the right side of that page to see which of us has been most recently active. That doesn't guarantee we didn't just log off 2 seconds after you view the list, but it does increase the odds you'll get a quicker reply. Do keep in mind even if we are online we cannot always respond immediately as we may be working on another important issue.
      I hope you find this site as enjoyable as I do.
      -Cori
    • By IL.
      Is it just me or Simtropolis removed the chat feature?
    • By Dirktator

Introducing "Clubs"
      With the latest update of our community software, we're pleased to introduce the new "clubs" feature at Simtropolis.
      A club is a sub-community within Simtropolis.
      Any member can start a club. Club owners define the purpose or theme of their clubs.
      Other Members can join clubs or be invited into one.
      A club will have its own internal hierarchy of staff and members.
      All clubs will be able to create their own sections with discussion forums, city journals, galleries and/or STEX downloads.
      So if you want to dive in, go ahead. Or if you want to know a little bit more, details below!

Types of Clubs
      The Club Owner can define the "openness" of the club; the following types are available:
      Public clubs - Clubs that anyone can see and participate in without joining. Open club - Clubs that anyone can see and join. Closed club - Clubs that anyone can see in the directory, but joining must be approved by a Club Leader or Club Moderator. Non-club-members who view the club will only see the member list - not the recent activity or content areas. Private club - Clubs that do not show in publicly, and users must be invited by a Club Leader or Club Moderator
      For closed clubs, there's an approval process:
      Users can request to join a club. the request must be approved by a leader. Leaders get a notification when a user requests to join. The user gets a notification when their request is approved or denied.  
      Club Users
      Each club has three levels of user:
      Leader - A leader has all of the permissions of a moderator, and can add other moderators. They can also add content areas (see below). The club owner is automatically a leader. Moderators - Moderators, as the name implies, have the ability to moderate content posted within the club. Moderators can also remove members from a club. Users - Anyone else that joins the club.  
      Club Content Areas
      Club Owners can create a variety of content areas for their club, including forums, city journals, galleries and STEX downloads. All of these areas will function just like they would on the core Simtropolis site, but they're associated to your club. That means they will appear in search results, activity streams, they can be followed, shared and embedded, and of course will respect whatever user permissions have been assigned.

Create a Club for...
      your BAT team your region game group your City Journal - or expand a city journal into a club your indie projects discussing your favourite topics sharing files critiques brainstorming socializing ...whatever you'd like.  
      You should know...
      We want clubs to be a fun extension of Simtropolis, so we're not going to bog things down with a lot of upfront rules. Let sound judgement and common decency guide you. But you should know:
      No club is 100% Private. Even clubs set to "Private" can still be viewed and moderated by site staff and admins. Your club is moderated by you first. Site staff will only ever step in if we receive concerning reports or if the club moderators have not been responsive for whatever reason. Our Guidelines for acceptable conduct applies to all clubs. An admin may request you to alter, moderate or remove content that we deem to be inappropriate. Admins reserve the right to close a club for any reason at any time with no explanation.  
      Got a question?
      Thanks for checking out the new "clubs" feature. Feel free to post below if you have any questions about the club system or if you need some help on how something works.