Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tolomar

Changing subway entrance placement view

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • ok...been playing around with the Ireader once again (no laughing)...but can't seem to make a subway entrance that will appear in the underground view....not the hybred above ground/subway placement view that the game currently uses.

Doozer's have tottally fail in the endeavor at all attempts so far...15.gif 

Starting to think it's hardcored into the game that this can't be done...has always bugged the heck out of me that the buildings get in the way of placing the subway entrance, have a tendancy to knock over stage 8 growables while placing them over and over...causing me to have to exit without saving  and reload the city, and start again...:S

so I'm at my wits end trying to do this....has anyone else figured a way of doing this...or are the Doozers just wasting valuable playing time trying to do something that can't be done  ?

HELP!

ive found that by going into the zone view, its easier to place subways, bust stops, etc without knocking down existing buildings. i dont know if thats the answer you were looking for but thats what works for me

• Original Poster
  • well in my game anyways...that does work for the Pasanger Rail Stations...Monorail Stations...Elevated Rail Station and Frieght Rail Stations and Bus Stops too...no problem there. If this view would stay for the subways entrances...I could live with that too...2.gif

but as soon as I choose a subway entrance lot..BAM!...right to the irritating hybred above ground part underground view

I do want to use the view that the laying the subway lines uses...if possible...cuz I do want to know where the actual subway lines are while plcing the the entrance.

if you don't have this particular view in your game...please check let me know of any mods or custom content lots that you have that allows either of these views...4.gif

ahhh...i see what yur sayin. i personally do not have this problem since i use the road top mass transit, so i can always place the sub stations on the roads. as far as the other stuff, i dont know if changing the view is possible, sorry

Well, if you eliminate the "Building: Subway" occupant group (0x0001302...I think) from the building exemplar, it won't switch data views. There is a possibility it would lose some other subway station function, however, as I am not sure what exe properties are attatched to it's occupant group (maybe it won't show up when laying subway lines). Otherwise another occupant group with a different data view function and a higher precedent could be added (maybe like a water pump OG) or possibly is there a group for subway lines themselves? I'm not quite an expert on occupant groups.

Try and play around with the first suggestion (removing the "Building: Subway" entry) and see if anything else gets messed up. Be sure to use a test city though, because changing the exemplar in a city that already has subway stations could make them indestructible and/or have other glitches.

-qurlix