Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

groto

Train

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Hi,

Can someone help me please? I want to use trains in my city but i dont know how to make it works,  i saw some diagrams in Walkthroughs but i dont understand it so please post some screenshot to see how you do it

Thanks5.gif

• Original Poster
  • help please,

The station that transport passanger works but the one that transport freights dont , i connect two station but they doesnt work can someone tell me why?

Do the freight trains pass through industrial zones? That usually works so well you don't even need a freight station.

The game seems to almost refuse to use freight trains and would much rather send trucks no matter what. It will only use trains if they are faster than trucks... which rarely seems to be the case. If you want to control this behavious even more, I suggest you download the BRF Traffic Control Pack. You can use these lots to stop trucks from using your streets, roads, avenues, and one-ways... Thus forcing sims to send freight via the rail as desired. I use these lots all the time.

• Original Poster
  • yes my freight train pass through industrial zones but they dont work 15.gif

im going to try the BRF Traffic Control Pack to see how its works

what i have to do to develop high wealth industries? they dont seem to progress

Thanks

Freight traffic is not very smart; it wants to travel directly to the edge of the city.   For this reason a freight station works best if it is placed between the industrial zones and the edge of the city.   The rail it is connected to must then go to the edge of the city.

The standard freight station only works one way, from road to rail. 

High wealth industry requires an educated population, water, low pollution and sometimes parks.