This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cannot import a JPEG region!

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Hey guys, first off I have searched the forums on this subject and found a number of relevant topics, however there was no solution in any of these. Anyways...

I recently reinstalled Windows, therefore lost my SimCity 4 Deluxe installation. After reinstalling, for some reason Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R is unresponsive. When I press it, simply nothing happens - No box comes up. Before my reinstallation this function worked fine.

At first I thought it was because I had not ran the update for it. Hoever even afer I ran the keys were still unresponsive.

Outside of region view in SimCity 4, Ctrl, Alt, Shift and R all work fine (Even in City View this works. i.e. I tried pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift and clicking on the God Mode tool and it brings up the whole God Mode menu like before I named my city, and the letter R correctly opens the Road tool).

I have tried using Alt Gr instead, and the other Ctrl button, however it is still unresponsive.

Is there any workaround I can use to get to the menu? Or maybe a fix? I really would like to use region maps posted on the Stex 15.gif

Also, not sure if this is any help, I have a USB Keyboard. (However the same keyboard used to open the correct menu before my reinstallation).

Thank you very much 4.gif

I have a similiar problem.

I just tried it for the first time last night and it didnt work as well. Im not to sure so I checked here. No help that I could see.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for your response wouanagaine, I closed every program down in my taskbar and it seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much 4.gif Grimorial, try closing down all the stuff in your taskbar. Hopefully it'll work for you too 4.gif

The renderer for JPGs is a machine killer.  You should not only not have anything else running, but you should turn off anything that may cause an interruption, including your screen saver.  If a render is interrupted it often terminates with the job only partly done.