Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rickycancer

I need HELP!!!

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • ha. Im nob in simcity4 and i need pro to teach me. I downloaded some buliding from this website and how can i erm.. like build it into my city. cause the building does not appear. After download do i still need to do anithing???

Welcome to Simtropolis rickycancer! 39.gifI hope you have a great time here! 10.gif

You extract (unzip) the download using Winzip, WinRAR or a similar archiver into your MyDocuments/SimCity4/Plugins folder and they should appear in game. If this doesn't work, the building you are trying to download must be a growable which means you have to zone some Residential, Commercial or Industrial zones and get to the required stage to make it grow or it could be a reward which means you have to meet some requirements before you can use it in your city. Some downloads have automatic installers in their zip file and if that's the case double click on it to open it and follow the instructions. If the building you downloaded comes with a ReadMe always read it as it contains useful information on how to get the building into the game. 

Hope this helps.

Yes, you need to unzip it to your SC4 plugins folder located in the Sim City 4 directory in My Documents. After that, if the building is growable, it should grow on its own when the right conditions are apparent. If it is a ploppable building, one that you can place on your own (such as a landmark), you will find it in the landmarks, rewards, parks, etc. menus...

Hope this helps!

Just a note on download/plugin management.

You should never download anything directly to your plugins folder.  Create a Downloads cache outside of the game.  Use this area to unpack the ZIP files into folders and inspect the contents.

If there is an installer, after you have read the readme, run it.  If there is no installer, follow the instructions in the readme folder.\

If there is no readme, move all the DAT, SC4MODEL, SC4DESC, and SC4LOT files into your plugins.

It is smart to keep a structure in your plugins to keep it organized.  I organize mine by author, where possible, or authoring group (like BSC) where this is appropriate.  Give it some thought.

Some downloads have compatibility problems with each other.  You should test each one by installing them one at a time and running them in a sandbox region.