Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StylinLancer

A Must Have....

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Ok, I haven't got a huge collection of downloads yet, but I wanted to pose the question as to which downloads are a must for SC4. I'm sure there a tons of things out there that I haven't come upon yet that is a must have.

Please post some of your suggestions.

Thanks.

it's to much to tell wich are the best because there are so many good downloads. but you can look at some of the great uploaders like simgoober, vlakhaas, barbyw, jeronij, cobb32118, equinox and ks_jpn and many more. these are truly one of the best wich you will definitely find some great downloads

The only things that are a must are those that fix game errors.

Thus, the first things you should get are all patches and updates. Add the "Buildings as Props" downloads and the BAT update for night lights to that list.

Then come some functional mods like:

- Opera House Fix by toroca (fixes a nasty bug)

- Grand Railroad Station Patch by crying.freem4n (another bugfix)

- IsaidNoEuroSetModd by ralphaelninja (prevents Euro buildings from appearing when they shouldn't)

That's it, now you should have a complete and bug-free game.

Now you can add some plugins that are by no means a must, but add very much to the game. Among these are:

- RCI Query Mod by equinox (displays more info in the query windows)

- NAM (adds many more traffic options and advanced settings)

Lastly, there are all those buildings as well as terrain and water texture mods, which are by no means mandatory and depend on your personal taste and playing style.

• Original Poster
  • I couldn't find some of the patches. The Isaidnoeurosetmodd, couldn't find that by ralphaelnija.

Originally posted by: T Wrecks The only things that are a must are those that fix game errors.

Thus, the first things you should get are all patches and updates. Add the "Buildings as Props" downloads and the BAT update for night lights to that list.

Then come some functional mods like:

- Opera House Fix by toroca (fixes a nasty bug)

- Grand Railroad Station Patch by crying.freem4n (another bugfix)

- IsaidNoEuroSetModd by ralphaelninja (prevents Euro buildings from appearing when they shouldn't)

That's it, now you should have a complete and bug-free game.

Now you can add some plugins that are by no means a must, but add very much to the game. Among these are:

- RCI Query Mod by equinox (displays more info in the query windows)

- NAM (adds many more traffic options and advanced settings)

Lastly, there are all those buildings as well as terrain and water texture mods, which are by no means mandatory and depend on your personal taste and playing style.quote>

some updates are at simcity.ea.com. that's for like nightlightning, and the rest you can find here at simtropolis, at the modds and downloads section. just look at the right of the screen were you can see the 50 most downloaded modds, those are the best and the must haves.

Greyviel's up and running thread...I consider this point zero for playing SC4 it includes all of T Wrecks suggestion, with links in the thread (except the euromod, which is found in the modds and download section of the site)...it includes other  Transit options other than the NAM, But I say go with the NAM, as it's the latest an most updated transit fix modd...jusy NAM IT BABY!

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=110&threadid=58510&enterthread=y

I also recomend Andrea Roth's City hall fix (this will help unlock some other rewards if you wish to play in a non-cheat manner

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?page=1&keyword=city%20hall%20fix&type=all

I do recomend downloading  and learning the SC4Tool program...just for it's abilities to scan and read custom content from the STEX and get thier true values...it has editing abilities, but to actually use the tool program you might requirer doing a little research on the boards, but well worth the effort...ps it also includes a database of all the original Maxis buildings...4.gif

http://www.simtropolis.com/modding/index.cfm?p=details&id=390

after these...all other stuff is a personel chioce of what you consider good...just go slow on the STEX and test any new downloads in a sandbox region to make sure it function the way you wish for your game, and avid conflicts...4.gif

welcome to ST...4.gif