Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEJA

Needing Assistance

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • I need some help....I am running SimCity 4 with the Rush Hour Expansion Pack.  I have downloaded all of the plugins and update patches from simcity.com, however, I'm still finding that bothersome brown bag on some of the buildings and lots!  I have some additional trees, I think three landmarks and a pool/park lot that will plop with 90% of the lot looking fine, but with a small 'brown-bag' in the centre!

What is it, that I need?  I realise that this most likely has been discussed before, but if someone can point me in the right direction....I would greatly appreciate the effort.

BEJA 

start with this thread...go through it againn, if your missing stuff from the Maxis buildings...most likely a missed Landmark , but that be just a guess...you might have missed something like the buildings as props files too...4.gif

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=110&threadid=58510&enterthread=y

if yuor missing stuff from the STEX downloads...consulte the readme file...4.gif

if yuor still having trouble...try and name the lot, possible the maker if possible

• Original Poster
  • Thanks Tolomar, I have read over the thread, downloaded a few things from here and also from simcity.com, but unfortunately I'm not solving the issue.  A couple of the landmarks are: Piedmont Bank Tower, Nitron Centre and Atlantic Plaza.

However with the downloads I have done so far, the performance of the game seems to have improved!

BEJA

• Original Poster
    • Just a note:  I would like to express my sincere appreciation to everyone on this site....as you can see, although I have been a member since 2003, I haven't been here that much....recently, I have been exploring the "many cities in one community", and have added some awesome buildings, lots, etc to my simcity!  I can see the hard work and dedication that has gone into each work, and am sincerely appreciative of that. 
    •   Over the Summer months, my cities will take on new dimensions, thanks to the Simtropolis Mayors and Citizens!!
    •  BEJA

BEJA, enjoy all the great work offered by the community, thats what it is there for, if you still are getting any boxes, there are a few things you can do to help us identify the files you need, 

first thing download and install pegasus's NO MORE BROWN BOXES mod, this mod will remove the ugly brown box and replace it with RGB colors where the missing prop is. (makes it easier to identify)

next take a picture and upload it to a picture host like www.imageshack.com and post a link to the image in the thread, that way the creator or another member can help identify what is missing.

and lastly but most important, always read the readme for the download in question, most of the reliable uploaders include readmes that list all dependencies, but we are all human and there is always a chance something might have been left out, but in most cases all the files needed are listed there.

hope this helps...

1. just to say once again...as this has to be said over and over again,...after downloading the official files...recheck your in-game graphic setting, as the updates reset them to minimal...this cause many of the details in the game not to show up and other eye candy glitches...and many new players believe this to be something they are missing in theur game...not realising it's just  their graphic settings...4.gif