Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Sanders

Help Please - CITY RUT

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Ok. I have this region.. There are 4 total cities so far, 3 are connected to each other, while the other one is farther away. I am having growth problems within the cities. Within the 3 that are connected, I just started one, and it is small.. 5 thousand people or so, but it grows well. The other 2 are above 60k, maybe more, can't remember off the top of my head. Both of those will hardly grow at all. I have great schools, health, etc.. I cheat for money.. so I have unlimited money. I have great roads, all green. Plenty of jobs.. but residential stuff just won't develop. I have always had that problem with this game. I could fill a whole large lot full of industry because it will develop instantly.. but I have a hard time just getting a small area, with low density houses to develop. I have checked the jobs.. and I have plenty. I have added downloaded BATs that have like 1500+ jobs, and that doesn't help. I have made parks.. doesn't help. I don't know what to do. LOL. IT IS ANNOYING!

BTW.. All of my demands on RCI chart are SKY HIGH.

A picture of your city really helps us see what is going on. Its hard to know without one.

In your cities that won't grow, I assume the demand is high? If it is then the problem is not a demand cap. It is more likely to be a desirability problem. If you have any residences in the areas that aren't growing (and you think they should) try querying some of the buildings and look at the desirability factors and ratings in the query box. If there is a problem with one or more of them, try adressing those first and you may solve the problem. In particular look at things like garbage, pollution, commute time, noise etc.

For improving desirability in residential areas, some parks are better than others, based on their size and their park effect. For example, the small flower garden is 1x1 and has quite a big effect for its size, whereas others may be larger, but not have a proportionally larger effect. So you need to choose which parks carefully.