heyden_simcity_4

Show us your - Region

1,667 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

This is Ciudad de Atacama, a city located on the desert of Atacama, in Chile.

It has 70k at the moment, and it will be only low residential and comercial.

qqVICbO.jpg

That looks a lot like Mars. How did you get the snow on the mountains? Which mod did you use?

Konstantin:I guess the snow comes more or less automaticly if the terrain reaches a certain height.

Paulobergonci: Wow,the terrain looks great and it must be huge according to the tiny grey spot that holds 70K Sims.

Well,this is my current Region.It`s still a patchwork-like mess but i guess everyone will recognize this region.It`s the famous small Pear...oh wait,wrong information.

It`s of course the big Apple and surroundings.I use the map from Izidor 44. I already started another NY Region a few month ago and already filled the north end of Manhattan with life but i started new because this new map has a much smoother terrain and is way more detailes,it even has several narrow piers...

3132636634343061.jpg

6338666238323533.jpg

3037666138636532.jpg

Well,there is still tons of work to do....

Hi guys. Is there a place where I can download a premade region with cities, like ones being posted in this thread? After a big break I would like to play SC4, but too lazy to build a region of my own from the ground up. I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with something premade or tell where can I get a ready to play region (at least with 3-4 cities/towns in it).

Hi guys. Is there a place where I can download a premade region with cities, like ones being posted in this thread? After a big break I would like to play SC4, but too lazy to build a region of my own from the ground up. I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with something premade or tell where can I get a ready to play region (at least with 3-4 cities/towns in it).

Well, they're certainly not on Simtropolis. Any regions with pre-built cities uploaded here gets taken down immediately. 

Well, they're certainly not on Simtropolis. Any regions with pre-built cities uploaded here gets taken down immediately. 

The reason for this is that city save files for pre-made regions take up a lot of space on the servers. Also, unless whoever made the region was playing totally vanilla, (no mods whatsoever) then you will need the exact contents of their plugins folder for everything to work correctly. So, not only would you need the region, you'd also need their entire plugins folder. Since it is not okay to distribute people's plugins without their permission, you'd instead have to provide links for people to download all the plugins. Do you really want to do that? It would probably be more worth your time to build your city and slowly add plugins that fit your taste. It's your city, build it how you want to build it.

It takes us years to build up our regions. I've been working on my region since February and currently, I only have development on a mere seven city tiles. I have built road networks on other tiles, but I haven't put any zones on them yet. It's a long process, that's for sure...

A couple of the regions that come with the game, London and Berlin, have pre-made cities on them. So hopefully those can help you get started.

Now that I have my new laptop (my old one was a piece of crap and finally broke two weeks ago), I installed my SimCity 4 Deluxe disc on it last night and am currently waiting for a Hard Drive-to-USB cable to arrive in the mail so that I can transfer my old SimCity 4 Plugins folder to my new laptop (among other things that I forgot to back up). Then I'm going to download an awesome region and go to town on it for you guys.

Some impressive work here. I have a region to show you all that I have been working on for almost 2 years. Been updating it with mods and have also had some help building two of the cities in this region. The region is called Islands of Grandure and is made up of several large islands surrounded by smaller ones. It is my most ambitious regions as I had created it all by hand.(Took me close to a year to finish sculpting it.)

South Western. Sparsly populated but might develop it.

post-318520-0-94451900-1415507565_thumb.

It has been a long time since I worked on this region but work on it from time to time. I also created it before I started downloading mods. Now that I have several good ones, I have been sprucing it up although this area needs some work. I would place more pictures of my region since it is bigger that this but I can't seem to be able to place more images.

My hand-made desert region. Not done sculpting it (such as incomplete that canyon/river), and I'm not good at terraforming. I'll add more mountains, mesa, and foothills in due time.

Cahuillaregion_zps597af509.jpg

That canyon! You need a dam!

I hope I didn't just miss it earlier in the thread, but how would someone generate a screenshot of a rather larger region without stitching them together in photoshop later?

I'm working with the Eaton map and would like to get a few in progress shots of the entire map.

Region census was finally nice enough to produce a couple images for me without crashing :)

This is what I am working on... still very much a work in progress. Images may be rather large, so I will provide direct links as well

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7542/15726743480_52cae82268_o.jpg

15726743480_52cae82268_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7562/15291798334_40bd24ed4e_o.jpg

15291798334_40bd24ed4e_o.jpg

Special thanks to Samerton who suggested to use the 4GB patch on Region Census to get this to work.

I'm building a small RHW on the island to connect the north and south areas. I don't have much experience with it so I'm starting out small. The next region I do I plan to make all highways RHW.

Not exactly a protip, but You could start a new, flat region just for experimenting with different RHW Interchange designs. It's easier when you know you don't have to get it right from the beginning. That's how I picked up the basics. You'll learn the rest as you go along. :)

Hi, found this topic as an inspiration! Region Views are the most important reward that i take from the game, and these here are just amazing and very diverse!

So decided to post, this is my actual region (been playing on an off for i guess about 10 years now, started playing again like 1 month ago or something). 

The map is Chilliwack by DrunkApple. 

Should pay more attention to details. Should really try and watch/read the tutorials of RHW etc. in order to use it. Should continue to work on suburban transportation realism (I zigzag the streets xD).

Btw, do you guys think that the painted map is a good plan (red goes for suburbs/small villages+farms, blue medium skyscrappers, as in Benidorm, and white for standard residential+comercial or industrial)?

PS: Sorry for my bad english xD

EDIT: How do you upload images in a way that they don't get the topic slow loading? Thx