Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCorBUST

Number of individual tiles

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Does anyone know the exact number of tiles in a Large Tile city?

I need to know the ammount of tiles accross and from top to bottom.

I decided to create my transportation netword first, and this would help my calculations if I had this data.

Thank you,

• Original Poster
  • actually I do not want a "griddy" system.

I am looking so I can use Geometric Shapes and have all sides/corners etc equal. 

I figured if I used geo metric shapes for let us say a highway then used different shapes for avenue, and monorail - then overlapping those shapes they will produce the best transportation. 

IE: 

Highway - an octagon in the center of the largest tile surrounding the center of DT then on the horizontal/veritcal sides2 highways leading out of each
    Avenues - t-sectionned out of the diagonal sides of the octagon and cutting through twice on the horizontal/vertical sides leading to a square in the heart of the city - these are merging from the same highways on the horizontal/vertical sides using the NAM

Monorail - figure 8'd on both left and right sides of the city and cutting through the heart of the city

I haven't figured in GLR but I will probably only use Subways in my center city along with lots of bus stops.

Basically I want this all "Geometrically Square" or "geometrically Perfect"

Then as I work out of the inner city and build into the R parts of the surrounding inner city, I will begin to let loose from Geometry and start to add curves and such.

Everyone has a "view" on SC4.. that's why its still fun.. do what ya like and we'll just follow along.. 4.gif keep us informed occasionally about your progress..

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: SC4BOY Everyone has a "view" on SC4.. that's why its still fun.. do what ya like and we'll just follow along.. 4.gif keep us informed occasionally about your progress..quote>

I will.

Right now, I am playing with some new "things" from STEX and I am growing my city from Industrial shore line and then to AG then to R$$ and slowly moving toward my center city.

I want to have a good base of of people who will continue to grow and learn then move closer to the center city.

For my subburbs I am just playing around with some curvier roads, and diagonals etc.  I am trying to be more creative with them, more "real" I guess.

My DT will be very much Griddy.

I haven't decided if I am going to use Monorail for big City commute or for inner city commute.

My goal is to grow into a large city instead of the other way around. 

4.gif 

You'll probably find, based on what others have gathered from experiments, that the monorail is not very good for short commutes and multi stops.. It has shown to be excellent for inter-city commutes as you expand beyond your city square.. maybe a couple of well-chosen stops in your city.. However you use it, good luck!! 4.gif

I expect you'll have a lot of fun and learn a lot as you go.