Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazychickensc12

Street/Ave Help!!

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Im new to SC4 and ive been looking around on simtropolis and ive seen some huge amazing cities the biggest city i have is 170,000 people but it looks real bad and im trying to find a good layout thats realistic but not insane at the same time.. I have made cities with 6x6 ave blocks not one road in the whole city and then 2 highways splitting it down the middle.. But i want the region to look like there are a few different downtowns and then in between is all suburbs but last time i tried i had a bunch of no work zots and it didnt work real wel, help and tips are greatly appreciated..

thanx

"but last time i tried i had a bunch of no work zots and it didnt work real wel,"

The key to your problem lies in that part of your post!

If there are no work zots appearing, and your area is decaying, it can be for a variety of reasons.

How far away are the industrial areas?

Do you have buses/subways connecting residential and industrial?

If there is high tech industry, are your sims educated enough?

Do you have parks or sports facilities to make the Res areas nice places to live?

Are the Res areas riddled with disease - do you have adequate medical cover?

Are the Res areas garbage hot spots?

Do you have adequate fire cover?

And last but not least,,,,,,, do the sims have power and water?

and also important: are there enough jobs in your city? if you don't build enough commercial/industrial zones your Sims will still build high rise which will dilapidate very soon.

btw: Welcome to simtropolis, wel hope you'll enjoy it here! 4.gif

Try to avoid business deals too. If there is one similar structure already in your city, you won't need it unless you are maknig a huge loss, so destroy it.

Welcome to the community. I hope you will enjoy your stay.

• Original Poster
  • the pop of my suburb city was 3000 and in the neibhoring city i had at least 3000 commercial jobs and in my sub city i had like 1000(both cities on smallest possible map) industrial jobs i was using modds just to try them out but i took them out except the NAM, no dilipidation, and no abandonment for 180 years ill prolly take these out later 2 except the NAM the problem with my sub city is it didnt look real good anyways im trying to get a good layout do you guys use roads or avenues for your suburbs and with subs how do you make a downtown area????

the industrial areas were in the top left corner and the res was all the bottom half(smallest map)

i didnt have buses/subways prolly should have

each suburb had a school and a large park my education was full green

i had 1 large hospital

no garbage

fire cover yes

power and water yes

That's the exact problem I have right now. Traffic is way too bad. Except my city is 221k pop and i have full roads except avenues to connect one zone with another zone. I make lots of hi-rise buildings but it says too much commute time for most of the buildings. My commute time is 72. Can anyone show me transportation maps so I can understand the layout.

well I could tell you my system, but a picture will explain it much easier:
    plan.GIF

this is my basic system and there are a lot of variates of it in my city. my system is to make sure that as much sims as possible are driving via the highways. If there're still commuting problems like congestion I'll put some bus stations and/or subway lines on those routes.

I'll hope this helps you 4.gif

That looks like a good workable layout tag_one ! 44.gif

I can't add anything to that, the picture tells all.