• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

umnoscottishhootsmon

how many people have you crammed into a single tile?

23 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hi,

You could try Imageshack for uploading images up to 1.5 MB (www.imageshack.us). I use it normally to show off my creations.

Enjoy your stay. You may have noticed that much has changed recently. I hope you enjoy your stay.

the record is over 100 million, for a region.  its part of some guys cj. search back a few pages and you should find it.

i dont know about individual cities but i think one of his had 10 mil in it, but he was using 'clean air towers' and heavily modded government buildings

2.6 million in a medium city? No mods? What about BATs? If you're not using any mods or BATs, I don't believe it. I think it would be difficult to get that many in a large city without mods or BATs. (I might believe a large city, but no way for a medium one.)

Yeah 2.6 million seems pretty crazy!!! The most I've had for a medium tile has been 1 million. I'm pretty sure you would need the NAM, since commute times would be out of control otherwise.

OP: Nice picture

He'd not only need NAM, but he'd need BATs with unbalanced pop stats. (Sadly, many or most of the BATs tend to fall into that category.)

not true...if a proper transit sytem intergrade using bus rail subways and highways...I got 2.8 mil in a small city using only the Maxis buildings...4.gif

I expect this was a LARGE tile.. the rough guide that seems to pop up over and over is roughly 250k per small tile and scale up for each other size. ie 1 mil for medium and 4 mil for large.. of course your milage may vary.. 4.gif And this is for just "normal" play not "crash and burn" mode.. after all.. YOU may come up with the 100 million no-mod city.. 4.gif

nope...small city tile...Sardinevile...4.gif the region was called flatsburgh...had gotten up to 127 million region wide in it...4.gif

had 144 ong condos and 4 macarthy buildings all delapilated to R$ sims...2.gif

well  A: don't like being caled a liar....:l. specially to you Bone1...as i never lied on the site in my over 3 years of being here...betting more than 1 person would voutch for me..3.gif
B: the city was lost to me by a complete HD failure duriing a blackout last summer...that destroyed my computer completely

Dirk is currently seach some of the archive files I sent him...to see if the city is amoung the ones I sent him...if the city is still alive...I will post it on the boards with Dirks permission...as posting cities isn't allowed without the permission of the Admins

why do you consider everyone liar all the time Bones1 ?

just cuz you were unable to do this  ?

There is getting to be too much flaming from some members.  People need to learn to contradict others without being totally offensive.

One the one hand, we have a member with an unsubstantiated claim, and on the other we have a member who expresses doubt in rather undiplomatic terms.  Not everything is black or white, all cats are grey in the dark.  You people should try to be better friends.

Well, im actually quite offended that after a year of BATting for this community and helping others im greeted with this.

I managed 2.6 million people, when i first played this game i used to cram as many people onto a grid of hi rises as possible, and thats how i did it, no BATs no Mods.

Well, the fact that Tolomar lost his proof in a hard-drive crash is rather... convenient. But I'm willing to believe that part; hard drives do occasionally fail.

But sorry, 2.8 million sims in a tiny city with no mods or BATs is just way too far-fetched.

By the way, you were the one to use the term "liar", I never did. I said I don't believe you. You seem to have a problem understanding the difference between those terms. Perhaps you should try to understand that difference, before you start casting your own accusations around.

But before you do that... please post the city file. You should be able to do it again, if it's possible. Heck, I'll even accept a city with only half that many sims as "proof". (Remember: no mods, no cheats, no BATs. You can use a money cheat if you want to speed things up. Heck, you can even use NAM if you want, as long as you don't include the commute cheat parts.)

I dont have the city anymore, as this was from when RH first came out, but this is true and i have seen tolomars old city. She isnt kidding. Nowadays i dont play like that, i preffer realistic cities and generally keep a medium tile to around 250k max in the city centre. but if you doubt me thats your decision.

Man...how in the world do you even manage a medium or small tile with that many sims?? I cant imagine doing a U-Drive it mission. You'd probably always see your green car and crash before you even go 20 tiles...