Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

designteam_316

what update should i Download???

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Ciao!!! i live in the Philippines, i Bought an Original SC4 deluxe edition, i would like to upgrade it... but when i visit simcity.ea.com there are 5 kinds of updates for the Game .... label on the my Box of my Game is Asia-Pacific Version, but when you read the Support Manual found inside the Game Box mention is Australia.com for support. is it ok if i will install the Australia update??? or what Asian Country update should i install for my game to updated ... HELP badly Needed!!! Thanks

I am not familiar with the varioius versions. I'm sorry. If no one answers your question (did you try to leave an email for EA? They should be perfectly happy to help you) then you might leave a message on an Asian Sim4 site. I am sure they would be more familiar with that kind of problem.

It's too expensive for buying SC4 almost Php 1000.00 ($20.00) in Data Blitz, only store selling a original games.

Because of too much poverty here in the Philippines, many of game lover enable to buy pirated game which is affordable. Now! All pirated CDS will be not to shown on the store beacuse of compiscating it by the Philippine Authority.

• Original Poster
  • Yup... i have purchase it in DataBlitz in ATC Ayala Alabang, it really cost me a thousand peso... but what the heck!!! I love this Game ... anyways ... i could try what SC4BOY suggest ... thanks for the help... a million thanks...

I also have the Asia-Pacific verison, as I live in Australia. You should probarly install the Australian update for the game, as we have the same versions. I wouldnt count on it though.

• Original Poster
  • why not count on it??? is there no change in the Gameplay after you have updated it??? is it ok if i would not install the update, but will install the NAM and other applications??? will it work properly???

if the box is labelled asia-pacific, I would register on the Simcity.com site, and update with the asia-pacitic version of update 1.  Download it first, then apply it.

If you do not have update 1, most of the stuff on the STEX may easily fail.  If you download any BAT created lots, you will also need the update from the BAT download page so that you can see night-lighting textures.

The Austrailian site probably carries the same material, but it is better to deal with the home site for game material.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks Dude ... i have done what you have instructed... i've installed the update 1 and its been working pretty well for me. Anyways, i have also installed some BSC & PEG files in my Plug-Ins... when i place a Amphitheater in my City it doesn't show up well... what do you think is the Problem???

Check the readme file that came with the file you downloaded and look under the "dependencies" area. You will need to download them and put them in your plugins folder as well.

I think you also need some of the other updates if you are doing the full mods, etc playing of SC4RH.. you will find a thread which guides you through this HERE.

You may find THIS guide VERY HELPFUL for you too if you are fairly new to SC4RH..

Have a great time!! you can enjoy many hours on SC4 and all its TOYS.. 4.gif

SIMTROPOLIS has TONS of stuff you can spend HOURS AND HOURS on.. LOL