• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueflame13

Dirty Diagonal Streets question.

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • I have the Diagonal Dirty Streets Extended Version by jeronij and I have one problem. The dirt roads show up fine, except for when I make a diagonal street, they turn into paved instead of dirt, no matter where I place them. Anyone know why?

More likely than not, the texture pack simply doesn't have the textures available for that type of street layout. I have the same mod, and I know exactly where you're coming from. It's just a case that diagonal street textures weren't made for this mod.

edit: sorry, wrong mod. I visited the file you were referring to, however, and found that:

This version allows dirty textured streets in the unzoned, farming and garbage areas only. The rest of zones and wealths will always show the standar street textures.

Hope this helps 4.gif

Yeah, sorry, edited the message above. The textures are there, but can only be placed in unzoned or agricultural zoned areas only.

also important:

IMPORTANT:

Make sure that those files load AFTER the NAM, by placing them in an appropiate folder. None of the original Trolca´s street mod must be installed for this mod to work.

This mod is not compatible with the Diagonal Dirty Streets_Simplified Version. If you have it installed, remove it before installing this one.

If you place a plopable lot of any type near a dirty street, the standart streets textures will show. There is actually no satisfactory way to fix this

• Original Poster
  • Well, I wasnt building anything next to the street, but I think the problem was that I didn't put the file in a folder.

Edit: Nope, that didn't fix the problem, when I build diagonal streets, they always show up as paved, whether somethings by them or not.

Did you put it into your plugins folder? If you didn't, it won't show up in game. There is actually a discussion thread for bugs and problems with this mod, it can be found here.

• Original Poster
  • Ok, no matter what I do, I cant get diagonal streets to show up dirty. Yes, I have the file in my pluggins folder, and after name and everything. Dirt streets appear everywhere except for when I draw diagonal ones, then they turn paved! Any suggestions/ help?

I believe the diagonal streets is incompatible with jeronji's mod.. they use the same mechanism and you have to choose one or the other.. otherwise they will be always "mixing" .. its not either person's 'fault' they are just incompatible (they don't crash anything, they just get "cross-wise" with each other.. Personally I'd much rather have dirt roads when i want em than diagonal streets, but I can see why on a given city you might feel the opposite

I posted the hyperlink for technical issues with this particular mod in my last post. If there's an answer to this problem, you'll find it there. Also, if you have more than one of jeronj's mods, it could be that the files are conflicting with each other.