Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stampaus82

Costruction of an airport

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Hi, I'm trying to build up an airport since about a month... I've a big problem: I downloaded RMIP 2 Small Airport Edition Vol 1 and RMIP 2 Small Airport Edition Vol 2 by Voltaire, but I don't know how begin... I tried to create some runaway, but I don't know how to link them to the other elements of the airport... Can someone help me?  :-) Thanks, Francesco.

Hey..i've been using those lots and im always amazed by the detail...but theres one quiestion....where to start.....I always start with the terminals, that way u know that basic airport layout and go from there

Yea, I seem to find airports the most daunting part of replicating realism in the game. Looking at some airport's aerials could help you as I found them to be. I took me awhile, but I finally got what I wanted. Good luck!

Try the readme for the RMIP. There are some helpful diagrams there. And as pixelrage and kippis05 said, check out some aerial shots. Those are always helpful.

I usually start my airports by laying out the most crucial part to any airport. The runway, without one it wouldn't be much of an airport now would it? 2.gif

I then add on my taxiways and apron/gate areas with support buildings such as hangars and terminals being placed later. I usually have a plan in my head going in so that i have a rough idea of where everything is going to end up... best of luck!

What you actually need to download is the SWAP. This has all the pieces. What you downloaded were the addons. Search the STEX for SWAP. You even have in the search you hit. Go down a bit, and you will see it! Good luck!

• Original Poster
  • Thank you so much for the explanation, I'm going to download SWAP, but where can I download "Maxis Buildingpropvol1.dat prop pack" &

"Maxis Buildingpropvol2.dat prop pack "? I cannot find them in Stex...

Thanks to you all! Francesco

• Original Poster
  • I tried to download them... But my game is not original, so I cannot register it and download... How can I do? Can someone send me this files?

My game is legit and I cannot register it....so I'm in the same boat as you. I think the only option you have is to buy SC4 DX off the shelf, which is what I'll probably do -- again -- just so I can download stuff off simcity.com

• Original Poster
  • Mmm... How much does it cost? I'm from Italy, here the cost is quite high... About 50 €... Are you going to buy it via Web?

• Original Poster
  • Well, about 15 € + shipping... I cant hink about it... But at the end the important thing is to have the code, right? In other words, I have to buy it only to register the product at simcity.ea.com? I hope not to install the play another time... Through all, thank you very much for the help!!

Francesco

About 50 €... quote>

jesus christ! thats 63 bucks for a 3 year old game!!! is the mafia still running things over there by any chance... 9.gif

and yeah, you can buy the game for the code and not need to reinstall...