This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blocks and Blocks of Greenery?

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • All of my building so far is probably a "tight nit" as possible.

What I mean is, I like to use the grid like streets mainly 6x6 DT, and anywhere from 6x9 - 6x12 outward from DT. Anyhow, i notice alot of the most profitable/largest cities I see on here have a few city blocks then a couple of city blocks of greenery, or plazas or parks etc.

What I want to know is...

are these buildings just plopped or did they grow into those buildings

I noticed sometimes once cities begin to grow up instead of outward, some buildings well....just don't grow up. So do you bulldoze those and just create parks? and Plazas?

I haven't tried the second option but maybe I will

In addition, I would like to ask..

All that greenery created, do you use the "GRASS" tile in the default SC4 game or do you use the Ped mall grass?

Thank you any help would be great!

Well...the higher the buildings go up, the more parks per area you are going to need. Right now my city is mainly low-density residential (provides greater tax revenue per capita) with some medium-density commercial (plus Industrial), I have no parks (almost none, I use the open grass areas to make embankments pretty), use no cheats, play on hard, and my demand is steady. I'm going to start packing the sims in now, so I will need to start building parks to keep them moving in. Basically...parks increase desirability for all nearby zone types and they relieve your residential demand caps (see the Prima SC4 guide or search the forums for detailed info on demand caps).