Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BC_Rich_Warlock

A how do I type thing

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • i was wondering if any one out there might be able to help me with 2 things in a tutorial type of way. i'm working on making my first cj and have been looking at a few things in other peoples and trying to incorporate it in to my cities. the only problem is its starting to make me P.O.-ed

in my first city ( the one im currently working in) i have run into this problem  ( first pics)

when i try to complete the avenue i get this  ( second pics)

so can anyone help

The height at which one network go's over another, is predetermined by the coding in the puzzle piece. Unlike conventional bridges which can be built at almost any height above the terrain or water below, the NAM puzzle piece bridges are set at I think 16M above the network below. There is no way to alter it. You need to remove the banks either side of the highway below (in your pics) and introduce the avenue from the side, on land which is the same level as the highway.

Hope this helps

ah...  thats easy.

get the nam aveneu puzzle pieces thing and tab all the way to the very end.

it'll have a bridge type thing on one end and it'll have the aveneu on the other end.  I forget what it's called but it's something like aveneu to slope piece?

anyways yeah that's how you do it.

jmselect, if you look at the pics you will see he is already using the NAM, and has used the slope pieces. He is trying to place a bridge at too great a height above the highway!

@KT3: Actually, he hasn't used the on-slope pieces...they are either 2x2 or 2x3. He's just trying to use the default bridge.

@BC_Rich_Warlock: Select the avenue puzzle piece tool from the roads menu. Hit TAB until you come to the first instance of "Avenue over Ground Highway." Plop it. Hit TAB again until you come to "Avenue on Slope" or "Avenue T on Slope," whichever you want to use. Please note, this will take some playing around with until you get it right!

Hope this helps!

The problem arises out of the fact that he is trying to bring the avenue over the highway, which is set lowered into the ground. When he places the NAM puzzle piece "Avenue over ground highway" it will place the avenue at the predetermined height over the highway. As the highway is in a depression compared to the avenue (prior to the slope piece) it will create the "dip" as is shown quite clearly in his pictures; as I am sure any fellow transport network modder will confirm

I reconstructed in my modding test area what it is you are trying to do, and yes it can be done. To avoid confusion over puzzle pieces I have placed an additional piece alongside the bridge so you can see exactly which piece you need to use 44.gif

Aveoverhighway.jpg

I apologise to the other two posters, they were correct, but there seemed to be a little confusion over puzzle pieces.

Getting the networks right in the NAM is a nightmare sometimes; thats why they are called PUZZLE pieces!

• Original Poster
  • i was also needing help on part 2................... does any one know how i can 'transit enable' lots, do i have to re-dwnload the lot editor tool or do i have to download a modd or another program.