Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mienchen

Do you like cats?

50 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Just posting a pic of our kittens. The quality is appearantly not the very best, but I try to get some better pics next time (didn't want to blind them with the flash, as they just recently opened their eyes and their place is quite dark).

They are now two weeks old and their mother is a siamese-maine coon mix, as is their father 4.gif

They're lying on my bed as I got them out of their place to clean it up a little and change the towels used in there 4.gif

001-small.jpg

Yeas I do, My cat's name is Teclas means Keys (keyboard) she is very old 9 years by now... and get very annoyed by my boston terrier Chelsea

• Original Poster
  • @BlondeTwiggy: Yea, I love cats, too... I have to force myself to not touch them (except for cleaning their place once in a while) as I would cuddle them all the time (which isn't that good for young kittens)

@GaBoR: yea, we have two dogs, too... and Cuddles (the kittens' mother) always keeps hunting for one of our dogs and once she got him cornered, she starts hitting him with the paw... quite funny to watch as the dog REALLY fears her.

@callagrafx: Really cute cat, and yea, he looks quite a bit mean 3.gif

Il get some pictues of my two cats tomorrow. I do adore cats so ^^

My freind has the cutest kitten like ever ^^ and he's so playful 3.gif and he ususally sleeps on me when im there ^^

Dogs all the way over here. I just got out of a roommate situation with two cats. Both were female and I was the only male living in the apartment. Let's just say they took an 'interest' in me way too many times.

I want a puppy beagle soooo bad. But I have to wait till college is over with. Sigh.

I'm a dog owner. There was only one time in my life that I had a cat and that was the end of that. Also, my dad became very allergic to cats during that period in time.

Anyways, I've had Great Pyrenees for all my life, and I got two Pomeranians two years ago which are sitting in my lap right now. So yeah, I'm a dog owner all the way!

• Original Poster
  • Well, if you like dogs, I can sure provide some pics of young puppies also, as my dog got puppies some days after Cuddles got her kittens... quite funny, didn't even recognize she was pregnant... anyways, it's no problem for us 4.gif

Originally posted by: callagrafx Oh Wow...Persians! Bet they're a handful to keep tidy..our two take an hour each day to brush them out.quote>

Yes, they are a handful.  Hermie is a Himalayan by the way.  Hermione (Hermie the Himmie) because she is a her and not a him.  Misty is a retired queen.  She drops her undercoat in the spring and it takes several weeks to get all the matting out.  The other two get done as needed.  Had them all shaved last year, but I think we are going to get a heavy duty trimmer and do it ourselves.  Two years of use will more than pay for six shaves.

Well, here come pictures of my two cats, Piff & Puff, which is the Swedish names for Chip & Dale(the squirrels).

piff26tm.jpg

---PIFF---
    puff21oq.jpg

---PUFF---

Well, thats them ^^ they were both sleeping in my brothers dark room, and i had to use the flash, thats why they have their eyes shut... poor things ^^

DTMF finally wandered off for good in 2000 - 19 years after I adopted her as a kitten:

dt.jpg

Around the same time, we had another cat, and she had a litter of kittens:

cats-in-bed.jpg

I'm actually sleeping in the above photo, burried under the blanket.  Man, I hated that dog.  We had to get rid of all our critters when we moved to Alaska.  15.gif

We have two cats right now.  Frost (short for Frostbitten Kitten, cause he lost part of one ear to exposure before we adopted him - it isn't very obvious in the photo):

frost.jpg

You can see my Catgoyle on the shelf behind him.  And then there is Gretel, a shy cat who really hates moving to new homes.  (She refused to eat for days and we had to force feed her initially.)

gretel.jpg

Gretel has a deformed stubby tail.  We think she was born that way, and it wasn't due to injury.  Here's a shot of that:

gr-tail.jpg

I was taking photos of a 10 gallon tank I had just set up (which is why the water is cloudy) when she walked by.

I also have three Sterbae Cats, but don't have a decent photo of them.  OK, they are not cats... they are really a type of Cory Catfish.  I also have 5 plecos, but again, they are catfish.  (Three clowns, one starynight bristlenose, and a marble sailfin.)

We only have indoor cats.  The only reason DT and the momma cat got out on occassion was because the kids kept forgetting to close doors all the way.  As David Byrne wrote, "Cats like houses better than people do."

Well, please tell me I'm not only one who really dislikes cats here....(Quite the dog person, I am)...My family had cats, and I did not appreciate waking up with a kitty in front of my face in the middle of the night. Or when time when they decided (yes, we're talking two little minions of Hades) to fight on my bed, and I woke up to searing pain in my left forearm. I am not at all fond of felines.

I used to be a dog person until my family got a few cats we liked enough to let inside the house. They were all barn cats before. Maybe we should have left them as barn cats because we have rats in there now...

We have two cats right now, one named Sylvester and one named Knobby. Sylvester is the more cat-like of the bunch, going on long hunting excursions and keeping to himself a lot, though he is very friendly and affectionate. We usually call him the b*****d kitty.

bkitty.jpg

Knobby is more dog-like and earned his name because of how much he whines. He is named after Chuck Knoblauch, a former Minnesota Twins player infamous for whining about everything, so we found it to be a fitting name for our whiny cat. We found Knobby on the side of a dead-end dirt road as a kitten and brought him home. Two weeks later he was taking a nap under the hood of my dad's car and was rudely awakened by the fan belt ripping his ear off. The picture of him shows both ears. He is usually referred to around here as the dumb kitty.

kitten2.jpg

I love cat threads ...  here are my three cat friends

Snoes ... 5 years old

DSC00706.jpg

Audrey ... 18 years olf, and very active still.

Picture031.jpg

Oishi ... unknown age and HUGE!!!

justafew011.jpg