• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superstar

A wonderful journey comes to an end...

39 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Hey everyone!

Never expected it to happen now or in this way but I'm afraid it is...

Ever since I joined ST just a bit more than 2 years ago I felt I had a second home, very different from what I was used to. Met so many people and made lots of friends what I didn't have at the time in RL, I always had some kind of social problem or another and so ST managed to become my 'best friend'.

Anyways I spent the last 2 years with quite a large focus on my work here at ST if it was in BAT or just socializing with the great people I met here and lived my regular life in the side...As many of you have noticed I haven't been very active over the last few months, at first it was for silly reasons that meant nothing but slowly other feelings appeared... I can't really explain what I feel right now as it's very confusing but that's really what I need the time for to figure out, need to figure out who I am and what my future holds and ST I think is keeping me back.

School is another reason, getting real hectic with lots of work and studying now.

So yeah, this is a goodbye...goodbye to this great community for all it gave me in the past two years, I will definitely never forget it or anyone here.

Sadly this is also goodbye to BAT, with all the fun it was it just isn't the same anymore but still to all you new BATters out there DON'T give up! I didn't and look where I got 48.gif

Would like to just say thank you to some of the main people who carried me through the last 2 years-

Dusktrooper- Thanks man for everything! Without you I wouldn't have reached this level, you were always there when ever I needed you in BAT ever since my days as a $%&^! around here and over that you were always one of my top best friend here! 1.gif

Two other people who aren't around ST much anymore either who I'd like to thank BAT and friend wise are Eq and N7, both of them with DT made me the BATter I am today and really are the people who I owe the most to.

TMS, DA, SC4 Meister- You guys are my best ST friends, can't thank a person any more than being a good friend! 48.gif

Skigeek- I really cant thank you any more for giving me the privilege to become part of the amazing staff of this incredible site, you've always been there when I needed help and simply made a fantastic cyber mom! 9.gif

So many other people I'd like to thank but I don't want to make this too long so if I didn't right you don't feel bad cause these are just the highlights of my list

Special thanks to Dirk and the ST staff for building and maintaining this amazing site which makes a home for many others other than myself! Thanks for letting me become part of it!

You can always find me on MSN and I will come back to visit plenty of times!

Goodbye Simtropolis, I'll never forget you!

Dude, everyone seems to be leaving! I'm sad to see you go, you're an awesome presence on the forums, the STEX, and in chat...have a good life, and congratulations on your mature decision to leave the site to pursue your other interests. Come back and see me (us) anytime!

Jamie

I would make a thread, but since one already exists, I've had the same thing happen to me...Life got too busy for ST...and then I just lost interest all together. I'll never "officially" leave this place. But I think I could mostly be considered one of those veteran lurkers who rarely posts from now on...As superstar said, I used to be addicted to this place...and I think the addiction had completely worn off...I thought I would never get enough of this place...but I think I finally have.

So, from here forward, I probably won't be seen much, if any around the forums. I need to focus on my life.

Thanks to those who made the journey fun.

God Bless Y'all.

-Dev

Bye Superstar!! We will never forget you!! I hope sometime later in life you will step back in. There will always be a place here for you. We all have appriciated your acomplishments, and kindness. Your presence, and devotion. Your love for the site. Good luck with your life. Take the right paths. Bye.

8.gif

Its beautiful to see the love and respect in this community, may you be just as blessed in real life Superstar 19.gif

Well... reading a thread like this makes me realise what an amazing community this is. It is such a shame to see you leave SS, and indeed to you too dev. I only wish Id gotten to know you both better. You have been an inspiration to all of those around you, and it won't be the same without you... I suppose this means NDEX is dead?

I wish you the best of luck in your life dude... I truely do.

GOODBYE I LOVED YOUR BATS.  I'm glad you liked simtroipolis but i thiink that your real life is more important so your making the rigjht desicion16.gif

I'll never really understand these dramatic goodbyes.  If spending 5 hours a day is too much, then it can be scaled down to 15 minutes a day.  I don't understand why it's all or nothing.

But anyway, see you around.  Good luck with real life, you'll always be welcome back. 1.gif

Oh, and you should make sure that someone replaces your moderator position if you won't be around.

well superstar definantely was one of the best BATers on here, and will be missed tons. Dev... well i dont really know you, but you will be missed too, since you helped keep some people (namely BATers and forum starters) in line... lol well best of luck to both of you

Not another one! 15.gif

Your BAT's were some of the greatest. It actually was your BAT thread that made me return to BATing after that long pause.

May your RL be as grand as your role on Simtropolis.

Cheers.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif

SS YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!!!!!   Who's gonna mod the NDEX forums now?  Who's going to crank out the DT quality skyscrapers?  8.gif  
    I'm horored to be considered one of your best ST friends.43.gif  Love ya man, have a good life, come and visit now and again, mmk?  Andymcnab666: Oh no, NDEX isn't dead. 3.gif

wow, I am almost moved to tears....you have been a great member...your creations have made a huge impact on the look of my cities. 

Its sad to see you go, but I wish you best of luck, sucess, and happiness in whatever the road my bring.

And I must say...for someone that I had already had great respect for....you totally made that impression better. Many folks have come and gone over the three years I have been here....most just walk away....no goodbye, no word as to why. I think that is world class of you.

I hope that you remember that whenever you feel the need to reconnect, as long as there is a community here...you will be welcome to join us again...

in the emortal words of Wilford Grumly..... "We'll leave the [nite]lights on for you"

(had to get a bat joke in there 8.gif)

• Original Poster
  • Of course I will, can't just walk away from all these loving people like I never met or know them, you'll still see more of me around and definitely on MSN!

Thanks everyone for the comments, I really appreciate your understanding of my situation 48.gif

Oh no your not leaving are you. 8.gif See you later SS, it was fun having you here and you were a good staff member. Come back and visit us some time. 2.gif

All good things must come to an end... It's times like these that make me ponder how long it will be before I finally decide to leave... Not for a while though! Good luck, SS! Of course, you have made the right decision, school is more important. So go out, set your life up and set it up brilliantly, and then please come back, and stay for a little longer!