Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shivsood

Block Maxis Building Mod

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

all mods have to be put into:

mydocument/simcity4/plugins

not in:

programfiles/simcity4/plugins.

basically you saved/extracted the mod in the wrong place.

• Original Poster
  • thnx, but i put the mod in mydocuments/plugins just like every other mod but it doesnt work and is sooooo annoying because i like to use DT's MCM set and maxis builkdings keep on popping up and ruin the cities

• with the tileset mod you need to turm off the chicago tileset for it to block the RES and Com buildings...as that all the mod really does...push all them into 1 tileset (the chicago one)
    • ps make sure you have quite a few building...covering all stages and wealth tyopes while the mod is turned on...if the city hit a certain demand and you have no custom buildings to fill the current demand...it make stagenet and go into a depression, this can be stopped by turning the mod off (turning the chicagio tileset on)  if you do hit stagnation

• Original Poster
  • thanks, however it still doesnt work!!! The only mods i have installed are as follows(could there be conflicts):

1.Urban housing mod

2.NAM

3.Radical ordinance/super demand mod

4. Cycledoggs terrain mod

the reason is that the urban housing MOD makes all the R$$ houses hold less, new designs for the Lots, AND makes all middle class housing grow in all tilesets, which may make the entire MOD conflict with the Maxis blocking MOD, since both affect the middle class buildings. if you take the urban housing MOD out, and maybe install the residental halving MOD (http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=12383&v=1) instead, it will probably not interfere with the Maxis Building blocking mod, but it may, i havent tried it yet. hope it helped. p.s. if  you enjoy the residental halving MOD, you may also enjoy the Radius Doubling MOD (http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=13696&v=1)

• Original Poster
  • yh thnx i removed it but unfortunately still the mod doesnt work. Im gonna give up soon unless anyone can tell me why it doesnt work. Its a major shame because i really liked my cities to be completley mcmansions15.gif

well sometime drop by chat when I'm about...if I have the time I could go through this with you...find out what could be the trouble...see if we could work out or reason out why the mod is not working in your game...hopefully 4.gif