Sign in to follow this  
SimGoober

BAT Projects - SimGoober

2,796 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have the missing prop on the Coal Wharf as in jestarr's Dollar General props which are included in his lot.

I do not have a record of the missing prop on the Bean Farm and I am missing nothing from the lot when I checked in Lot Editor.

The IID quoted for the Peanut farm does not appear on that but B5C00002 does. That is a barn from BSC CARCH Farm props.

The missing props on Goober's Plantation are just vehicles and of no importance. They are eye candy only and from a pack that is no longer available.

Thanks BarbyW, for your quick response.

EDITED: Obsolete info.

In Reference to "SimGoober" - who hasn't posted here in a while (I, for one, am missing his weekly uploads) - any comments/news?

If you think it appropriate - please feel free to PM me,

-NetPCDoc

No detail is too small to be micromanaged.

Simgoober is working hard in RL and posting only at Pegsus' site. I shall check again but I no longer have the vehicle props from the Goobers Plantation lot. I can update at some stage. The problem with the farms is they were posted 18 months ago and prop packs have updated since they were made. I can check again but I am not missing any props on the farms. I can also check the Coal Wharf again but that is the prop I found.

• Original Poster
  • I stumbled on to your question... 0xa0000960 is a prop family that seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure why or when, but I am guessing in the convergence to the mega packs it got deleted by accident. I don't remember which items were in it, so cannot recreate it. The other farm is also a prop family, but from the Carch Barns as Barby stated. I don't appear to have those on my system either, so I may have deleted the file by accident once.

The last one is puzzling to me. My list shows a "Guidos Red Hots" needed as well, also by JeStarr. That may be what is missing.

Coal Wharf - SG_4x4_Canal_CoalWharf_30fa6c92.SC4Lot, Prop-ID/# (from SC4Tool Dependencies Scanner) D040704A

- can't find said prop on any lot of the current version of jestarr's Dollar General (from STEX)

- which is using a prop - D0499796 - from BSC Mega Props JES Vol 01.dat

Am I out of luck here? quote>

The prop you list is a planter and is in the Dollar General props which are installed as part of the lots. That particular prop may not have been used on the Dollar General lots but was in the included prop pack.

On both Bean Farm - I-r1_2x2_SG_BeanFarm_af164588.SC4Lot - and Peanut Farm - I-r1_2x2_SG_PeanutFarm_6f164bc3.SC4Lot

- Prop # (from SC4Tool Dependencies Scanner) A0000960 shows name and file "not found" quote>

This apears to be an effect prop but I cannot trace it. It shows as a green effect diamond but there is nothing showing to match to it in LE. This can happen with effects and there is nothing to be done about it.

Peanut Farm - I-r1_2x2_SG_PeanutFarm_6f164bc3.SC4Lot also missing Prop #B5C00002 (again from SC4Tool Dependencies Scanner)

- SC4Tool Dependencies Scanner has no such prop in/on CARCH's Farm Props (Barns) test lot

- further investigation indicates that B5C00002 might be a prop-group or family-designator for a set of CARCH's Barns

- do I need to post a query on the SC4-Tool support thread (if I can find it again) about mis-reporting of Prop-Family references? quote>

The prop is indeed one of a family and as such will not show on the test lot which just has each of the individual barns shown for checking purposes. That lot can be deleted. 

In Reference to Goober's Plantation - I-r3_6x4_BLSGA_Goober's_Plantation_4ef1c9b1.SC4Lot -

No flame intended - but IMO eye candy is NEVER "only" - artists put eye-candy there as part of "The Glory" of their artistic works.

(I'll check archives to see if I can find an old copy of vehicle-props.) quote>

The vehicles were from a pack from another site which closed for a long time. I deleted the pack from my folder as I could not give a link to them if I used them. I am not going to update this for the sake of three vehicles. Feel free to add some yourself.

May I also suggest that unless you have a problem with brown boxes there is no need to use SC4Tool on every lot? I have spent a lot of time trying to answer your questions which are actually fairly trivial and pointless. I am happy to deal with genuine problems but you seem to be making problems where there aren't any.

Again, my sincere thanks for your time and efforts.

The prop you list is a planter and is in the Dollar General props which are installed as part of the lots. That particular prop may not have been used on the Dollar General lots but was in the included prop pack.quote>

What I was attempting to say was - the latest download of jestarr's Dollar General didn't include a PROP-PAK - but referenced jestarr's MEGA-PAK instead. if this is a reference to a particular prop (and not to a family of props) then I am probably just out of luck on this.

This apears to be an effect prop but I cannot trace it. It shows as a green effect diamond but there is nothing showing to match to it in LE. This can happen with effects and there is nothing to be done about it.quote>

I, apparently, wasn't clear enough on what I was asking.  If the SC4-Tool dependencies scanner can find the referenced prop - it will list the "File" that it found it in.  I was asking, first - can the SC4-Tool dependancies scanner find said prop (in one of your plugin folders); and - if so - second, what is the file name that said prop is found in.

Depending on the size of your plug-in folders - the dependencies scanner may take a while to load - but it should only take a minute or two, once it is loaded, to open a given lot-file & visually scan prop list for a given prop id and see what is given as the file that said prop was found in! - - - FYI: IMHO this process seems a lot quicker (at least for me - with my sub-foldered plug-in folders) than trying to use the lot editor.

The prop is indeed one of a family and as such will not show on the test lot which just has each of the individual barns shown for checking purposes. That lot can be deleted. quote>

Yes, I know this test-lot file needs to be deleted - only had it loaded for test purposes.  I believe in this case I was only looking for confirmation that the game-lot file was indeed referencing a family of props - and not a particular prop.

The vehicles were from a pack from another site which closed for a long time. I deleted the pack from my folder as I could not give a link to them if I used them.quote>

My humble apologies that these vehicle props are still a part of this issue - I found the vehicle-props-v3.dat in my archive shortly after I replied (saying I would check the archive) to your (BarbyW's) first reply.

May I also suggest that unless you have a problem with brown boxes there is no need to use SC4Tool on every lot?quote>

More humble apologies for my tardiness in just now getting around to checking on what props I misplaced in converting to the MEGA-PROP-PAKs (in my plug-in folders).  I have always taken great care - in downloading SimGoober lots - to make sure that all the dependancies were also downloaded.  And in the process of converting to the MEGA-PROP-PAKs, I made sure to archive any files that were removed from my plug-in folders.

As implied in an earlier post - the SC4Tool is a fairly new tool in my SimCity-tool-box - and therefore, in part, I am trying to determine just how reliable a tool it is.

As I only just recently downloaded SimGoober's Brick Canals and associated Lots, I do not have an earlier download of jestarr's Dollar-General.  And, as stated above, I believe I am just out of luck on this prop-package.

Yet again, Thank You (all of you) for your time and efforts.  And a Big Thank You to SimGoober for all of his great lots.

-NetPCDoc

No detail is too small to be micromanaged.

The Dollar General props were in the original upload that I downloaded from BSC but not in the upload on the STEX. They do not seem to have been included in any subsequent prop pack either so I will bring this to jestarr's attention and see what he says. I apologise for any confusion I may have caused.

I, apparently, wasn't clear enough on what I was asking.  If the SC4-Tool dependencies scanner can find the referenced prop - it will list the "File" that it found it in.  I was asking, first - can the SC4-Tool dependancies scanner find said prop (in one of your plugin folders); and - if so - second, what is the file name that said prop is found in.quote>

The answer to your question is yes my copy of SC4Tool can find the prop and shows it a File not found. The reason for this is an oddity with some effects and automata which can be placed on a lot, show up as not found in SC4Tools and do not show up in the right hand window of Lot Editor but do show the green diamond in the left hand window.

As to the reliability of SC4Tools, it is a very accurate program when it comes to props and I use it constantly to make the Readmes for my uploads. The only problem occurs with old lots that reference older prop packs or with the effect/automata props. The latter is not a fault in SC4Tools but in SC4 itself. The reason I went into Lot Editor was to cross check items as that prop on both the farm lots was showing as not found on my system. I have had this before with special automata props like SG's crime automata so needed to cross check. I am perfectly well aware of how to use SC4Tools and have been doing so for over 12 months.

I downloaded the "Waste to Energy" Plant. Since I have put it into two cities I have had problems with shipping garbage from one city to the two cities with the W to E Plants, although the plants show lots of capacity to spare, the two cities will not accept any more garbage. Seems weird! Can you help me understand what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks, Networkman

• Original Poster
  • The properties on the Waste to Energy plant I did are near duplicates to the Maxis one. We tweaked a few numbers, but no drastic changes were made. I have used it numerous times with no known issues. Not sure why you are having issues; sorry I can't help.

Hey  , first of all thanx for all the great stuff you put on the exchange ,its prolly only because of the custom content im still playing this damn game -). Anyway i got about a 350 mb plugins file. Many of your files and others ,recently and im not sure why ,i seem to have lost the ability to

query ,make historical ,any of your commercial lots.Busstops ,residential and others all seem fine, also ,i got little 2x1 blank cs$ lots appearing with 100,s of jobs. Its not the end of the world and i can live with it quite easily,but if you know of a simple explanation then i would be grateful.Also the 2x1 thing is happening with other baters creations, i first saw this happen with a tower i dl ed some time ago which i then removed.Maybe ive deleted something or downloaded something that conflicts ,im not sure  . The 2x1 lots that grow usually take the names of Larger growable  lots ,the plopps work ok and the building shows.

Chances are my problem is nothing to do with your work ,but i was hoping you may be able to help.

best regards

Gridlock

• Original Poster
  • The Empty lots growing are badly made plop lots. Well over a year ago it was discovered that one way of making a plop lot causes that lot to "grow" in a buuilding family. Delete the plops, and it goes away.

If you are missing queries, re-install the latest BSC Essentials file. That fixes it.

tchaos, do you mean people should actually read the readme file? What a strange idea to think that it's there for reading and moreover might contain some valuable information... Next you'll probably come up with the weird idea of reading it before using something... 3.gif

Ok ok, I'm stopping already - no hard feelings. 2.gif

Well, T Wrecks, you know me, I always read the readme (usually before I install). It's there for a reason, ya know? That might one reason my game doesn't crash and I don't get brown boxes.... 2.gif

I am hoping I post this in the right forum...

I downloaded SuperCenter 1 & 2 and I have zoned the area I want correctly...and they aren't building.  I am using SC4 Rush Hour with the latest updates...any ideas?

I downloaded Simgoober's Sleazy Motel and Sleaze pack 3 and have gone thru to make sure I got all the dependencies, but for some reason they aren't showing up on my list of buildings and I haven't seen them in the game yet. Any clues how I can get them to show up?

Sorry for introducing a completely new topic (at least, i believe it is):

I'm loving Brick Canals and SNM, so i wanted to combine them. I used SNM lots (on dry land) and added water from the Brick Canals. Not bad looking, but there was an issue with the water extender lot. Other than water from PEG or OPPIE, the water extender from the Brick Canal series is masking the piers from SNM (for example the submarine pier).

Generally, it would be great to use the different canal sets combined in one city by using the same water textures. I really would appreciate if this would be possible.

Best regards,

wowa

Many new SG lots, just not on Simtropolis. There have finally been enough people who kept complaining and getting on SG's nerves, so he now publishes his stuff on PEG's site, where custom content creators e.g. don't face the righteous fury of bible fanatics when they dare to BAT a condom factory, which, in fact, SimGoober has done.

PEG's site is a great place to get stuff that you want get here. i would recomend everyone go there to get some good custom content but if your very easily offended by little jokes within some bats then maybe not. but thats just my opinion.

I downloaded, your suburban mall, but when i go to click on the links for props and textures, all the files are either locked or cant be found. is there any where else i can find thoes files??????

HELP PLEASE!!

For the sake of their own personal feelings, 98% of the SimCity players are having so much troubles having forced to collect scattered BATs and dependencies here and there....

Personal feelings are auxiliary, period, and meaningless compared to the good of the entire community. Why do people keep on getting the priority the other way around.... :-( :-(

It's because too many of the best BAT'ers have gotten fed up with rampant criticism over work they done and generously gifted to the community with no thought or expectation of compensation. If criticism could be channeled in a more positive way, I'm sure it would be easier for the creator to digest instead of reading many negative comments and complaints about their work.

Personally, I would never criticize even the least talented work on the STEX, because whoever uploaded it felt proud enough of it to share it with the community and doesn't deserve to be slapped down for any shortcomings.