Sign in to follow this  
SimGoober

BAT Projects - SimGoober

2,796 posts in this topic Last Reply

OOOOH Fazzoli's is a great idea! I second that one!

Don't put it on too big a lot though... while I love real world businesses, Sim Cities are usually high density, and the 4x4 size is just too big for such a small business (Fazzoli's typically occupies a smaller lot than say, a McDonald's).

I would make the transitions between the top and legs less abrupt. also some skybridges would be nice. right now it seems like a tower ontop of two other towers.

Hey SimGoober, I am attempting to use your starbucks resturant in my city. When I plopped it down, I saw the store, but the parking lot was nto there. I downloaded the texture pack that you said you used for the parking lot as indicated in your attached document with the Starbucks. I am still having the parking lot come up empty though. Cars and people are there, but they are standing on a black space. If you, or anyone can let me know what I am missing or doing wrong, please let me know. Thank you

*************EDIT***********

Ok. I did get the parking area to show up, but now the area underneath the outside table of the starbucks is appearing black and I don't know which texture package was used for it. It appears to be a light, off-white colored stone paved walkway, not sure where to find it though. If any of you guys know please let me know. Thanks!

(P.S. Im hooked to this game and SimGoober's awesome creations.!)

• Original Poster
  • Sorry for the long delays in posting; just getting back from vacation.. Actually, still not back, but in an airport with hi speed access (yes!).

The Starbucks is an older one, and I don't remember off hand, but I'd bet you are also missing the Cerulean texture pack.

As to the query on the Homes; it's in the RLS Essentials file which is installed with the lots.  The Farming pack also installs it, but this shouldn't change anything.  The only thin I can think of, is somehow you either moved or deleted a version of this file, so it lost the query.  Try re-installing the homes; that should fix it, and won't cause any conflicts.

Goober is coming home it's party time.Get down and get funky.39.gif

Sorry if I'm interrupting other discussions, but I have a suggestion concerning your Restaurant Row BAT. I noticed that it grew far too often, and in areas I had intended to be filled with flat buildings like small shops and supermarkets. In these areas, the restaurants looked very annoying with their bland brown side walls.

I have changed the lot a bit by letting it grow only on medium density. (It used to grow on low and med density.) It's an easy change with the iLive reader, but if you have time, maybe you can still update the file? Many people don't want to bother with the reader and stuff, so I think it would be a reasonable change. 1.gif

• Original Poster
  • Thanks T Wrecks.  Honestly, I had thought I did just that before upload.  After checking, I HAD done that on my version, but appearantly didn't make a new installer, so it installed the version without it.  I'll try to update it later today.

About this last tower why not making the middle tower suported by an arc maybe it would cut the, in my point of view, squariness(if this word even exists) of the whole building. other than that, i seriously think you should add some of your personal touch to it as i think there's something that just doesn't work right on the original (photo), just let your imagination flow, anyway this was only my opinion. 

Wow, that was a quick response! I've read in another thread that someone was complaining about your restaurants growing too often, too. I bet with that little fix, the complaints will stop. 2.gif

Oh, and thank you for all the great buidlings you share with us ! It's always appreciated a lot. 35.gif

• Original Poster
  • Sorry All, RW has caught up to me in a big way.  I have a couple ideas I am playing with, and a couple half complete things, but nothing really to show at this time.  Things should settle down in a few days, and I'll start working on a couple more. 

I recently picked up a book of 275 Home plans.... and there are several I'd like to BAT, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more homes in the near future.

Goodluck with the RW.Just don't forget about your second home and how much we appreciate you and your work.44.gif

• Original Poster
  • I had a little time, and some pics sent to me as a request.  I let myself get distracted by this one, as it is a simple design, yet a little fun and realistic as well.  A little tribute to our Canadien friends.  It has a ways to go for details yet (the roof is just a grey box as a place holder so far). 

<ahttp://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/files//Giant%20Tiger01.jpg align=baseline>

So far it looks like the real thing.I just went over to there web site and you hit the nail on the head.Keep up the excellent work.1.gif

What is Giant Tiger well according to there web site it appears they are a Walmart in diapers.1.gif

Giant tiger is a A truly Canadian franchised family discount store chain.
    A place of employment for over 4,500 people.
    An outlet for products of over 2,000 suppliers.
    A progressive, value-oriented, no-nonsense approach to retailing.

Giant Tiger is a family discount retailer offering recognizable basic products at low everyday prices. Giant Tiger is a grassroots, human, non-traditional organization that has buying power, great people and constant improvements to make things better for its people and its customers.

and yes I know that was taken directly from the website but there are some people who are to lazy to go to the website 41.gif

Looks like the one in the picture so far SG !

• Original Poster
  • Just FYI.  I just uploaded three new BATs to the STEX...

Jiffy Lube
    Waffle House
    Waffle King

I had made these a while back, about the time I started the Small Shops set which I uploaded last.  I never really intended to release them, but seeing as everyone liked my other smaller stuff, I said what the heck!

They are growables only, as that is what I made them for.  They are again designed to compete with the in game small shops, and give more variety.

I didn't realise until  went to upload, but there is also another Waffle House on the STEX, from quite a while ago.  Hey, there are enough of them in the Southern US... a few variations won't hurt!

I'm having a problem with Columbus One. When get as far as I can,it appears as a tan box that says Simcity.com on it,but when I get closer it appears normal.

• Original Poster
  • Yep, that is a known problem.  THe model corrupted while rendering, so the furthest out zoom is bad. I think I stated that in the readme or description.

Someday, I might go back and restart that one.  The RW version has really built up, and I've been keeping an eye on that whole part of town.

Not sure this is the correct location for requests for you to add some modifications to your works or not.  While I have vocalized some concerns with your Irrigation Canals, I really think they bring realism to the game.

Can you add a segment to your set without trees?  Also can you make something to elevate the canal to a high/lower levels like a pump/lock?  Perhaps a pump (non functional) and/or pipe to a higher level.  Actually I know that you can, the question is do you have time and will you?  If not may I ask your permission to request others to modify you lots for me (I have downloaded all the tools and instructions and I am lost). 

I think that you and Peg are amoung the most creative of a group of very talented developers and I always look forward  to your posts and Lots/BATs/Props.

Buck

• Original Poster
  • Making a section that has no trees is no problem...just open it in the LE, delete those props, and do a save as...

For the transition, I have been considering that.  Still not sure how to do it honestly; I'v played with a couple options, and just haven't found one I am happy with.  I'll try it again, see what I come up with.