Sign in to follow this  
SimGoober

BAT Projects - SimGoober

2,796 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Ok, I uploaded a set of cottages tonight, that I did a little while back. These are really nice little places, and on a large variety of lots, so they really grow nicely, and don't repeat much at all. Special thanks to GrampaAl for the lots, and he added a few of his other special touches as well. Each of them has a different name for instance.

I have also built up a bit of a backlog of lots ready to go, and have decided to release them one day at a time until I get back to normal. The next couple days will have a couple housekeeping lots released; a prop pack and an expansion set to the Birka Homes I did a while back. I had numerous requests for them to be in the R$$ category, and GrampaAl took it upon himself to make another set of lots for the in that wealth category. He did a great job there as well...

Following that, I have several restaurants ready. The Ruby Tuesday and Captain Jacks are done, and a couple other surprise ones as well. And then to wrap it up, next Monday, I will release the Grand Opera House I did for the Simcity Brazil contest. Should be a nice week of lots from me.

I have another shopping center project planned, but it's still in the very beginning stages. This one will be a bit of a monster, and definitely more high wealth looking.. I may have a sneak peak or two later this week.

Hey SG I feel so guilty of criticizing your work I guess I was just going in the wrong direction that day. But I have to say I love thoses Cottages and all of your houses and all of your work SG you are truly the best BAT Creater of
    all time. But If I ever learned how to BAT You'd might have a little bit of competition. But I don't think I could ever figure it out all. Becasue I have so much I could think of to BAT like UKROPS the Riverfront Plaza and the Federal Reserve Building in downtown Richmond.

Date:1/23/2005 9:18:05 PM
    Author:SimGoober
    I have also built up a bit of a backlog of lots ready to go, and have decided to release them one day at a time until I get back to normal.  The next couple days will have a couple 'housekeeping' lots released; a prop pack and an expansion set to the Birka Homes I did a while back.  I had numerous requests for them to be in the R$$ category, and GrampaAl took it upon himself to make another set of lots for the in that wealth category.  He did a great job there as well...

Will we have to delete the old set? because I would really like to keep the old set and have the new one as well! 3.gif 

thanks..

Hey SG, great work as always! But I'm still missing some dependency that I don't know about. I still get the present on the RLS Homes The Legacy. When I hover over the present it says White flowering tree or Dark pink flowering tree. Any ideas as to what I am missing?

• Original Poster
  • Spidey, sorry for the delay.  I answered this yesterday, but got errors posting.  I didn't realise it didn't post.

The only way you can get the brown box on this lot is if you somehow moved or deleted the dat file that came with it.  Did you use the installer that it comes with?  Or are you trying to install the  MAC version?  Either way, if the dat file is not in the same folder as the lot files, it won't work.

And on this lot there won't be a hover query for the building; it was a minor design error. It can be fixed easy enough, but should not impact the game play.

Hey, SG.

I remember reading in a thread concenring organizing your plug-in folders that .dat files should be placed in the Program Files\... path and that Lot, Desc and Model files should be place in the My Documents\... path.

Does this mean that if you follow the above information, your RLS Homes The Legacy won't display correct if (quote) the dat file is not in the same folder as the lot files, it won't work.  (unquote).

Thanks, in advance, for your reply.

Regards,

Vandy

• Original Poster
  • Vandy... We have learned a fair amount since then, and the first part does not seem to be true anymore.   As long as the dat file is readible by the game, the exact location (Maxis or My Docs) is not critical.  For simplicity sake, they are now organized to be in the same folder.  Sometimes, lots that share files need to be loaded after that common file, so the common files is placed one level below, to be certain it is shared.

As to what I am working on now, not much.  RW stuff is keeping me very busy lately, so I haven't had much time to BAT.  I have a few projects in the early stages, and a couple that have been complete and tested, that should be released soon.  Once I get a little more caught up, I'll show some progress and what looks like it will be completed soon.

• Original Poster
  • Well, here is an idea I am working on right now.  It is inspired by the Hyatt Hotel in Ft Lauderdale, FL.  IT will not be an exact replica by any means, just used that one for the inspiration.  I'm not sure what I will call it.

The roof top design is what really caught my attention.  The RW one was built by the fellow who started Phillips 66.  There are numerous parts of the building that have 66 equal parts.  The decor up top is one ( on the RW version),  I didn't try to follow it on this version.

The tower is close to complete as far as major details go, but there are a ton of little ones left to do, then I need to start the base.  I am thinking the base will be a bit bigger than the tower, as many resort hotels have large lobbies with meeting rooms and the like, with a tower of rooms above them.  I'm just going to let my imigination go, and see where I end up.
    <ahttp://img205.exs.cx/img205/4923/hyatt014az.jpg align=baseline>

Hmmm... interesting.

It seems that you've got staggered floors there... which doesn't seem logical based on the location of the elevators (assuming that bit on the right is the elevator shaft), but I'll assume that was taken from the RW building.

Looks like it'll fit in with your Sheraton hotels too...

Nice Job!

-ACE

• Original Poster
  • Actually, the floors are all even, it's just that at this angle, the patios cover up 95% of the windows of the floors above.  Every other floor has a patio, and they are staggered around.  If you look at the top floor, it's a little more obvious.

Here's an update of the top floor restaurant at night.  Still haven't started the base for it.  Not sure how big I want to make it...

<ahttp://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/files//Hyatt02.jpg align=baseline>

Just a thought, but could you increase the intensity of the night lights?  I believe it is the Sheriton Hotel you did resembles this one, is wonderful, but I wish it was a brighter at night.  Just a suggestion.

Yes, I also agree. I think that the intensity of the lights as they are right now is probably close to RL, but because Sim City's night time ilumination is so exagerated (so we can still play the game at night and see what we're doing) Night lights have to be a little lighter as well to accomidate this.

• Original Poster
  • Been busy for a couple days, but got some time to start working on the base.  I had a lot of little details that were able to be merged in from other projects, so it came together pretty quick.  Still have more to do, but I really like the way this is coming together.

<ahttp://img219.exs.cx/img219/2830/hyatt046zu.jpg align=baseline>

Well thanks for answering, it doesn't matter now though, since my computer just got destroyed by something. That new stuff looks great, is that a texture you used on the glass to make the people look so real? Great job!

Love the new hotel. It does, however remind me of the desperate lack of larger hotels in the game. I'm talking the real talls.

Definitely finish the current one though, it's a real gem. I love that base.

• Original Poster
  • Ok, I've been tinkering with this for several days, and have it in game.  There is still a lot of detail work to do on the lot, and the buildings (It's in 3 pieces), 2 of them need a new render, to fix minor flaws.  but, it's starting to shape up.  It is now called RLS Vacation Resort...  RLS are my daughters initials.

Retaurant Level, with brighter lighting as suggested.

<ahttp://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/files//RLS%20Resort%20Top%20Night.jpg align=baseline> 

Overall Shot of the Complex

<ahttp://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/files//RLS%20Resort%2002.jpg align=baseline>

Here's the pool area at night...

<ahttp://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/files//RLS%20Resort%20Pool%20Night.jpg width=320 align=left vspace=1 border=2>

The pool area has some nice nitelighting, and is open 24 hours a day, to keep all the guests happy!

It's on an 8x8 lot right now, but that might change slightly as it comes together...