Sign in to follow this  
SimGoober

BAT Projects - SimGoober

2,796 posts in this topic Last Reply

meinhosen you are missing the base/overlay textures...you'll need to download BSC DAE Dirt Track Texture Pack , by Deadwoods. Click on the underlined section to go to them on the Stex .... 

Date: 12/5/2004 8:36:47 PM
Author: jason1001
FOR YOUR NEXT BUILDING PLEASE MAKE ZELLERS!
quote>

All caps, no pic, I am sure he will gladly carry out this politly asked request, please be a little more polite jason

• Original Poster
  • If all goes well, I'll be uploading 4 new residentials tonight.  Actually, it's four uploads, but many, many variations.  There is a pack of Suburban townhomes that have 24 variations!  Try, just try to grow a long street of them all the same... lol...

I have also come to a hard decision: I will no longer be doing double uploads for manual install vs auto install.  There will only be the auto option.  There are two primary reasons for this decision:

1) The STEX bandwidth problem needs serious attention.  The files tonite are all together over 6MB.  To do both options would be another 6 MB on the STEX, which I feel is bordering on irresponsible.

2)  Since going to an auto install, the number of requests for help and problems reported has dropped dramatically.  About the only problems are like the one above, where someone misses a dependency, and are easily sorted out.  I have also had numerous comments from various people that they appreciate the way this simplifies the install process.  So I'm going to keep it.

There will be a MAC compatible version available in the Mac forum area; a link will be in the readme files.  They may not be up as quick as the lots hit the STEX, but they will be there soon.

Hopefully, this won't ruffle too many feathers, but it's the best option available currently.

Back to my projects, the Opera House is coming along well, but the Vacation Resort hit a stumbling block. I rendered it in pieces to solve one problem, but created others by doing it.  I'll figure it out, but it may take a while.  I'm also having fun making more smaller homes, so they will be taking more of my time for a bit.

Just looked over the 4 new additions to the STEX, and all I have to say is.... 9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

The single houses look great, I always appreciate more of them. The X-mas lights were a great touch on the one version!!! I'd like to see more of them in your work! 2.gif

SG,

All your lots are amazing. I am having a problem with the PlopAShop's. One of the parking spaces is showing up only as grass it happens in Plop 1 and Plop 2. And it is just one of the parking lots. I have downloaded and installed it three times now and still the same.

Keep up the great work

• Original Poster
  • You are missing a texture pack.  I'm not sure which one, as a couple have the parking lot textures in them.  Make sure you download everything in the readme file.

Thanx for everything.The new houses look outstanding in the game.Thanx and Happy Holidays1.gif

No .zips? Well, how about no .exes, Aren't they smaller? Anyways, nice using your stuff, but me as well as many others will not use .exes, as well as MAC users, sorry goober....

i downloaded the irrigation kit and the dirt overlay textures but i still have blank base textures
    am i missing some other texture pack? 42.gif

Your best is to do what I did.I spent the day downloading all Textures and BSC Props.I also once in awhile will read that info that comes with the lots.1.gif

Awww, no more zips! Personally, I like the manual install better - auto actually takes longer for me. All I do is open my Plugins folder, download the .zip, and drag the files in.

But if it means saving Simtrop, I guess it must be done!

• Original Poster
  • Frogface: That is my fault.  I missed a dependency in the description.  The texture you are missing is from PEGs Moutain Development pack. I broke my own rules while making the lots, and didn't remove all my game play files temporarily while making these lots.  Since PEG puts everything like textures in the DAT, I wasn't even aware there were custom textures used.  I knew I used one from Deadwoods, but missed the other.  I thought they were both from that same pack, as they are designed to compliment each other.  I will try to update the description and the readme, but right now the STEX isn't working for me.

As the the Exe files, I knew this would cause a minor rucus.  Another HUGE advantage to the average player on this is that any future updates will automatically go to the right place, and overwrite the right files.  No more crashing cities if the lot is updated the wrong way.  The more I use this system, the more it grows on me.  Everything is always where it should be.

I'm working on some more homes right now, and completing the Opera House.  The Vacation Resort is on hold until I have time to blow... Need to make several test renders to see which method works best.

Here's a home from Sweden I am tweaking:
    /idealbb/files/Home

Very colorful and well layout.Another Goober masterpiece on the way.1.gif

• Original Poster
  • @Odd... Good catch! Figures, as I've already render a half dozen versions of it. I guess I'll have to let it slide through on a couple, abut will try to correct on a few others. Any suggestions as to what should be on top?

Well the top of a chimeny made of brick is clad with metal sheets or sometimes a pre-cast conctete tile with holes for the smoke and ventilation shafts.

The aim with those pipes are to make the chimeny taller and thereby improve its prestanda. But they would not stand the climate due to the stress of the material during the winterly 24-hours cycle of freeze-downs during cold nights and warm-ups in sunny days. If we need a tall chimeny here, we have to build it brick by brick to the top.