Sign in to follow this  
SimGoober

BAT Projects - SimGoober

2,796 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hmm..I kind of have a suggestion...
Most of your strip malls are the standard issue, growth stuff, commonly seen in sprawl-o-matic cities. Do you have anything slightly upscale in design(with more architectural flairs), like so?:

Nearby shopping centers:

towncntr.gif

imge.asp?ID=268&PR=TRUE

1.jpg

6.jpg

plaza_sanfelipe.jpg

IMG0005.jpg

IMG0018.jpg

image.asp?ID=269&PR=TRUE

image.asp?ID=270&PR=TRUE

Just some ideas you could use! Great work, BTW!

• Original Poster
  • Well, the Plop A Shops got delayed a little, I ran out of time.  I have quite a few in testing right now, but they are not 100% yet, so I will postpone them another week.  Right now, there are actually three separate packs almost complete, and three more planned.  I'll probably release the first three next Monday, and the others the following week.

I have been looking at some more high end centers as well.  I'm toying with a few ideas, and might have something along that line down the road.

Wow those are some really nice strip malls DT! I think that would be really sweet to have, maybe we will see something like that in the near future? Well good luck SG, I can't wait to see more!

Goober just want to say thanx and your lots are worth the wait.1.gif

• Original Poster
  • Thanks all for the honors, and the kind words.  I'm still in a minor state of shock over winning three....

Any how, I have a couple different projects in various stages.  I'm really busy with RW stuff for the next week or so, but hope to find a few minutes to work on stuff here and there.  There are three of the packs for the Plop A Shops done.  I had hoped to work on more sooner, but more packs may follow later.  Also, I started the Omni Hotel, and another Mosque is in the beginnings... I get to one or  another depending on when an idea for a certain portion of it hits me.  I am also considering doing something for the Brazilian sites contest.  That will be a longer project, as I am already backed up enough as is. There is an Opera House I am trying to learn more about to possibly submit for it.  Once I find out more, and have an firm plan, I'll copy posts here as well for that contest.

Just like to add my own congratulations on the Golden Llamas that you've won, and also a personal thank you, for the work you (and the rest of the BSC/CSX team) have put in in creating all of these fabulous BAT buildings. I think I have pretty much every single one of them (and that took a hell of a lot of downloading) and they were all worth it in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next :D

• Original Poster
  • Here's a couple previews of projects under way.  The first is the Omni Hotel I had promised a while back.  This one is based on the one in Richmond, VA, though I only used that one for the upper stories. The bottom floors will be completely fictional, but are still a long way from complete.  This is a night shot, as I got most of the basic lights done.
    /idealbb/files/Omni01.jpg

The second is another Mosque I am dreaming up.  It is inspired by the Mosque in Putra Jaya, though only inspired by it.  There will be some fairly substantial differences.  This is not quite half done; there will be a front courtyard, surrounded by a large wall with open gates.  There will also be a large tower in the center of this wall to call the faithful to prayer.  Seeing as it is fictional, I am also trying to come up with a name for it, that would be proper for this type of building.  If my idea comes together, this lot will either be designed to face the water or have a large pond around the mosque.  I am thinking of a Sea name, but need to do research on it.
    /idealbb/files/SeaMosque_Front02.jpg

Congratulations on dominating the BAT-related Trixies!  I voted you in at least two or three areas (don't remember exactly).

Your new mosque looks impressive, very bright, clean, and crisp.  The hotel sure isn't bad either.  Keep up the awesome work, the 2005 Trixies await! 3.gif

-Chris

Sim Goober, the Omni Hotel looks almost perfect based on that night shot; just as good as any real hotel. I'm sure it will fit in very well in our midsize to large cities. The mosque looks really great as well. I'm sure any religious organization in our cities would love to have such a spectacular building for worship. Keep all the great buildings coming!

The BATs are looking good! If you're on the line of religious diversity buildings, how about something like a Hindu or Buddhist temple? I think that'd be pretty nice for our cities29.gif

hey SG... love your work ... just have one request that i think would play a huge role in SC ... thats Winners dept store that are all around canada ... i cant find any pics but if your interested (and i hope you are) i can go take sum pics with my digital and upload em later... thanks so much

smac0009 9.gif

• Original Poster
  • Thanks all.  For now, I won't be doing many requests.  My schedule just got pretty tight with work, and I have a to do list a mile long.  Once I get caught up (or should I say If?), I'll start taking more requests again.  I am considering a Hindu or other temple.  Just got inspired by the RW temple the above one is based on.

• Original Poster
  • Well, if you insist... lol..

I worked on the lobby today, I think I like the way it turned out.

/idealbb/files/Omni02.jpg
    I am actually rendering this right now.  If it works out okay, it will definitely be ready for next week.  It's gonna take overnight to finish (been going for about 6 hours, and still on zoom 5.). And I'll be busy for a couple days, so I'll try to get the lot developed later this week.

Date: 11/14/2004 9:28:08 PM
    Author: SimGoober

Well, if you insist... lol..

I worked on the lobby today, I think I like the way it turned out.

I am actually rendering this right now. If it works out okay, it will definitely be ready for next week. It's gonna take overnight to finish (been going for about 6 hours, and still on zoom 5.). And I'll be busy for a couple days, so I'll try to get the lot developed later this week.
    quote>

You should be happy with how it turned out, it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
    44.gif