UK The Solent Portsmouth and Southhampton 0

(26 Reviews)
Sign in to follow this  

1 Screenshot

About This File

Region for Portsmouth and Southampton and the Isle of Wight just across the Solent. Needles included. Marinas you have to build yourself ...

Please comment - My first mapping attempt.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

MP - Originally from usgs data, but add one long night slaving over Microdem and the 'average blur' tool in Paint Shop SK - I know ... spotted it within seconds of uploading .. curses! Thanks for the comments and ratings peeps..

Share this comment

Mr. Veg: I tried first with Brighton area but Shoreham Harbour was too tricky to get right. Splime/Frogface: ... I was a Pompey boy for 3 years too :) .... just started building the city and getting nostalgic for my Uni years ..lol

Share this comment

hey nice work, its spot on! u wanna do shoreham harbour? i have some ariel photos from Hotel 900, (our Police Chopper) If i can get them to jpg from the work computer u can have them

Share this comment

Working on a larger scale version for those that are interested - and adding a few tweeks [flattening coast - esp in Portsmouth, to avoid unexpected cliffs, ... adding spitbank forts and changing the config file] Will update asap :)

Share this comment

Thank you Sir :D ...... you know if StarPeace gets resurrected then this place has got to be a prime recruiting ground ... ;)

Share this comment

Hey, thats a really good map, espicially for a first time. Thats cool that you can re-create the whole of the Isle of Wight as well, with the ferries 'n' all.

Share this comment

Its perfect, i haver been trying to make this myself but couldnt find any useful data to make the elevations from.

Share this comment

Can u help me.. i want to download this map but its only in jpg.. i want this region so i can build my cities on it.. pls help

Share this comment

Excellent Map. I lived in Southampton for 27 years, till I moved to Scotland. Makes me feel homesick. Lets see if I can create that failed dream of Solent City.

Share this comment