About This File
Personally, I have many different residental buildings that meet my criteria to use them in my cities. Panel, high, low, etc. residential buildings. Many of them are really wonderful, I would always use them. Nevertheless, for some time now I began to think that there is something missing ... something flexible, that gives the city-builder a field for creativity. I thought about all this and now... it's exciting moment for me, I never had such a serious project for my favorite game...
I would like to present you my own housing project. That file contains separate buildings with colors:
with count of floors:
has side versions:
and has also constructing versions to make a constructing scenes.
It's really up to you, what you will build: separate houses or house complexes! Really! You can build your own house complex. Like this one:
The WallToWall technology allows to build continuous chains of houses.
Just one thing: corner version is uninhabitable, it is of a decorative nature. So don't leave corner alone:
or even build like this:
It is explained by the fact that these corners have no entrances. So it looks weird. Add to the corner at least one linear from the one side (corner designed only for adding from 2 sides).
Grass texture is ordinary, but it absolutely compatible with some grass fillers. Such as, I'm using a grass for airport (can't remember where I've got this, but it were provided with fences also, and takes place in Parks menu, at the end). Also it doesn't "conflict" with road grass.
Lot looks not finished because I didn't placed some trees on this lots. But It's up to you as well! You can add there some flora by god tree brush mode, if you would like. Also you can leave it without trees, as I did in my housing complex example.
Every building were balanced well and based on the count (corners: potentional count) of inhabitans.
Plugin has MaxisNite and DarkNite models.
1. Make a folder "jakisprod" in the Plugins folder;
2. Move to the jakisprod folder;
3. Choose ONE archive file:
• DN one contains DarkNite version,
• MN one contains MaxisNite version;
4. Drag chosen file and drop to jakisprod folder;
5. Extract dropped archive in that folder;
Every archive has archives with opposite lights for models (DN -> MN or MN -> DN) in case, if you decided to install DarkNite mod or refuse of them after you had installed this plugin. In that case follow these steps
In case of installing DarkNite mode or refusing of that, when you had already installed that plugin.
1. Delete all models from folders named "Red", "White" and "Yellow". Don't touch models from "For Constructing Scene" and "z_Opening Lot MML";
2. Extract every DarkNite or MaxisNite archives placed in folders "Red", "White" and "Yellow".
Plugin has a MML (Management Menu Lots) file. That means this plugin has a lot that hides others in_the_game, so to use other lots (corners and constructing lots) you need to place "Jakis'z NM-1 panels for constructing, random color" lot, that can be found in the Landmarks menu in_the_game. After ploping this lot everywhere in your city, wait ~ingame_month (or couple of days), then reopen Landmarks menu. Now other lots will appear in that menu. To know more about MML-files, just google it
Files names and contents:
• NM11 - 3 floors, linear version, growable;
• NM12 - 5 floors, linear version, growable;
• NM13 - 7 floors, linear version, growable;
• NM14 - 9 floors, linear version, growable;
• NM15 - 11 floors, linear version, growable;
• 2NM11 - 5 floors, corner version, plopable;
• 2NM12 - 7 floors, corner version, plopable;
• 2NM13 - 9 floors, corner version, plopable;
• 2NM14 - 11 floors, corner version, plopable;
So if you don't like any color/floor_version/building_in_the_general you can found files containing definite name and just (don't forget to make backup before it!) delete them.
Other information/feedback you can find at:
I hope you will enjoy!
Dzīeki! (dzingalian: "Thanks!")