About This File
INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD
GSK Packaging by Mattb325
1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW
I'd have to look up how many of Tag_One's BATs we have covered with the recent uploads, and rest assured that there will be more. However, today it's time to turn onto the finish straight for high-tech IRM with another author:
The 34th upload in this series, GSK Packaging, is the first of two BATs by Mattb325 that I decided to re-lot for the IRM. Back when I did these, I couldn't know that he'd release many more superb I-HT BATs, so they didn't make it into this pack and may come at a later point.
Anyway, back to the BAT: This one was quite the challenge to lot because it sits on a grass-covered hill that is part of the actual model - a very interesting setup that makes for much of this BAT's appeal IMO. However, it's always a tricky business to achieve a virtually seamless transition with textures, and since the BATted portion is shaded, putting regular props right next to it would have looked odd. Fortunately I could obscure part of the seam with a hedge, and use Cycledogg's shaded props rather extensively to try and blur the line between BAT and lot. Did I succeed? That's up to you to judge....
Why a new lot anyway? Well, while there was absolutely nothing wrong with the original one, I wanted to make sure some typical IRM features such as the standard lampposts etc. are present so it all blends together. This time around, both lots have the same footprint, but are pretty different in appearance. The first one has the building facing the road and a wall surrounding the parking lot, but it's not a perimeter wall so there's some open space left... with other industry growing around, this free outer perimeter of the lot outside the wall might look like part of the adjacent lot, hopefully helping to blur grid lines a bit. The second lot with the building side facing the road is rather closed and secluded on the left, but totally open to the right and back. It could look good on corners, or as the last building of an industry block.
Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
The default version of the building will provide 42 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 168 I-HT jobs.
The following lots are included in this download:
- 4x5, Stage 2 (2 versions)
For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
- Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES
- Maxis Night with static day or night: YES
- DarkNite* with static day or night: YES
*DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins.
2 - USE
If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).
If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
- Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download
- Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing
- Remove the associated files from your plugins folder
Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.
3 - DEPENDENCIES
- IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot.
- GSK Packaging - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required.
NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers
- Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls
- Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities
4 - FINAL WORDS
Credits for the BAT go to Mattb325!
T Wrecks, May 12, 2018