6 Screenshots

About This File

City Link Transport Hub, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

This is a purely fictional 1980's style building designed as a transport interchange suitable for downtown and other built-up areas.

The podium floors of this building act as a rail, subway, bus, underground park & ride and pedestrian interchange. It also allows freight trains to pass through the station. It has a total capacity of 165,000 passengers so is perfect for big cities.

The two towers are also functional and provide 1,600 jobs across all wealth levels.

In game, this building is found in the Miscellaneous Transport Menu (about half-way down near the subway line).

Once placed, drag two rail lines right through the building and connect the front and back of the lot to the road network using street tiles. 
To activate the subway component of this building, simply drag the subway line anywhere into the lot (note: as this is a multifuctional lot that there is no traditional 'stub' that you have to connect to as seen in other subway buildings) and of course then connect it to other subway stations within your city. 
Similarly if you wish to activate the bus component of the building, simply place a bus stop somewhere else on your city tile. 

If you don't wish to use any of the subway, rail or bus features, that's fine, simply don't connect that particular feauture to the lot (you may end up with the advisors nagging about 'mass transit 101' but you can safely ignore their wailing). 
At a minimum however, the building must be connected to the road, water and power networks or it will abandon. (N.B. I have put the 'bleeding obvious' in here as some twit recently told me that batters now have to provide "customer service" even when they are no longer active......as if providing all of this for free or your enjoyment isn't enough...lowest common denominator, here we come...yeah, baby :dead: :yawn:

This is the first in a series of multi-function transport lots that I will be releasing shortly. As this one doesn't involve NAM elevated networks and is more of a visual alternative to the ever-popular ninja boulevard kiosk, I have decided to release it separately from the upcoming pack.

Lastly, a ****huge***** thankyou to RSC204/MGB204 who provided the modding for this file: you can be certain that the stats and values behave according to NAM methodologies. *:party:

STATS:

Lot size :                6 x 5
Plop Cost:              §5,900
Monthly Cost:        §330
Budget Item:          Mass Transit
Menu:                      Miscellaneous Transport
Capacity:                165,000
Demand Created:  Jobs§: 400, Jobs§§: 900, Jobs§§§: 300.
Pollution:                 Air 25 over 1 tiles, Water 13 over 2 tiles, Garbage 49 over 0 tiles
Power consumed:  17 MwH
Water consumed:  67 Gallons/Month
Bulldoze Cost:       §560

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. 
Either: (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) *recommended* OR (http://gizmo.aplaceforwebsite.com/index.php) OR Mashty Nite Mod: (http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=764)

NB: External sites may require you to create an account (or log in with said account) prior to downloading. See, this is more customer service so you don't have to think :zzz:

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:

The parking textures you see in some of the images are adjacent to the lot and are used as fillers. The main parking provided by this lot is the large underground area as well as a little bit at the back.

DEPENDENCIES:

To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
*BSC Textures Vol01 (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90)

NB: External sites may require you to create an account (or log in with said account) prior to downloading. See, this is more customer service so you don't have to think :zzz:

OPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES:

*Network Addon Mod V36 (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26793-network-addon-mod-NAM-for-windows-installer/).

I have tested this in Vanilla mode without the NAM, and it basically works as intended. But honestly, if you intend to use this without the NAM, everyone will judge you harshly :evil:

*SC4Fix: third-party patches (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/). If you use the NAM or even play the game, you will want this file. Enough said :-)

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

Thanks.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

will62russ

MY GOD!!!!!!!  I don't say that often or ever.  But this work deserves that praise.  The detail is so unhumanly wonderful.  Mattb325, if I wasn't so into women I would propose to you.  LOL!

Share this review

Link to review
Fantozzi

I must confess, I had only brief look on it in game and didn't test it in depth - but then, if - in sc4 community - mattb325 and rsc204 put their heads together to make a transit hub, it's like - in heaven - Leonardo Da Vinci and Charles Babbage thinking of a check-in counter for angels. Who needs to test that in depth to know it will work divine.

Share this review

Link to review
Edvarz

This is absolutely fantastic! I have just the spot to place this in my city!

I really like the form of the towers, and they look generic enough to fit in any city, yet unique enough that they stand out, plus, you know, it's a transit station. :bunny:

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

It's perfect on all fronts : look, functionalities (and I love the small print.)... I'm ready for the railway stations flood, now.

Share this review

Link to review
Xander Dax

Great new addition to my cities. *:thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
sarcosis

I'm so glad when I see a new upload from you, great work as always, thanks!!!

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

Positively gorgeous work! This is a fantastic transportation hub for downtown areas.

Share this review

Link to review
blade2k5

I've been waiting for one of these and this one I likes a lot.  Look forward to more creations from you.

Share this review

Link to review
AsimPika3172

Thanks for nice building, transports and another nite mod from Japanese website! :thumb: 

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you for this exceptional addition to SC4   beautiful model, beautiful lighting both modes and the multifunction transport and also the jobs provided show some awesome modding skills

Share this review

Link to review
off

Nice day, Good News, Beautiful BAT - Thank you Mattb325!

Share this review

Link to review
gutterclub

So good, have been following the station progress over on the other site and love what you are doing.

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By /Zumi/
      The SHARK Hotel is a CS$$$ Skyscraper with swimming pool on the roof.
      It looks nice at downtown, but also next to beaches. At zoom 5 and 6the nightlights have got a different light intensity. Ploppable versionwith jobs! If your city need enough CS jobs the SHARK Hotel will grownow and again in your city. It's size 3x4 and I hope you will like it.

Growable:
      Jobs: 513 (It's a hotel!)
      Flammability: 35
      MaxFireStage: 5
      Power/Water Consumed: 205/4328
      Bulldoze Cost: 1100

Ploppable:
      Plop Cost: 65000
      Budget Item Cost: 0
      No effects
      The same as growable

Thx for downloads and ratings.

• By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: Industrial Revolution Mod - Big Logistic Filler Set
      Introduction
      This is a set of larger, prefab filler lots for dirty, manufacturing, and hi-tech industry which seek to expand logistic support for your industries. The set was designed with IRM in mind and as such, utilizes matching bases and walls from that of T Wrecks' original release.
      Package Overview
      This package contains a set of 15 large prefab lots: 5 for dirty, manufacturing and hi-tech industry respectively. There are 3 dedicated transit-enabled entrances. The rest of the lots are dedicated to large blocks of parked semis and trailers, with 45 degree parking for semi trucks and 22.5 degree parking for trailers only. All of the lots are also available in a mirrored configuration.
      Lot stats are designed to match the original IRM fillers as closely as possible. Positioning indicators are present to help with lot placement and alignment. Every lot is practically neutral, with negligible amounts of pollution, no power/water consumption and cost nothing to maintain. It takes §5 to bulldoze a lot and they are also extremely cheap to plop. Due to the lots being of considerable size, the plop costs have been doubled respectively (§10 for I-D, §12 for I-M, §14 for I-HT).
      The lots are located in the landmarks menu and are positioned just after the originals.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      Use with the Industrial Revolution Mod and the associated filler sets is highly recommended! If you have the dependencies for those sets, you will only need the following:
      SHK Parking Pack IdM - Trucking Essentials HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures Vol. 1 SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures Props
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 2 SFBT Essentials Textures
      Railyard and Spur Textures, Mega Pack 1.02 Acknowledgements
      Thanks to all the content creators behind the props and textures that made this possible! Thanks to T Wrecks for the original Industrial Revolution Mod.
      Enjoy!
    • By zebulon_stonehenge
      I just discovered an interesting way to provide huge income for growing small towns. Check out the town "Arnek" shown in the attached images, for example. It's a tiny, sleepy agricultural town, with about $250/month tax income and $1500/month in expenses. Normally it would go bankrupt in a big hurry. But this town is actually profitable, even with taxes set low! And it didn't do a deal with Dr Vu (waste dumps, missile ranges, Area 5.1, etc). Instead, it's funded by monorail!
      Normally, a monorail in a tiny sleepy town would be a boondoggle. But, if you establish a regional monorail system stringing many towns together, preferably with just one monorail station per town (preferably a high-capacity plugin station, not the low-capacity one that comes with the game), and have some towns be mostly residential (more people than jobs) and others be mostly commercial and industrial (more jobs than people) then sims will make heavy use of your monorail lines, and the income from each monorail station will far exceed it's expense. This can actually fund an entire small town, giving it money for services that it couldn't otherwise afford (police, fire, medical, schools, transit, landmarks, etc). See the purple line in the attached region linking "Lud", "Arnek", "High Desert Plateau", "Alpine Moor", and "Calla Bryn Sturgis". That line is being used by up to 43,000 sims each day in some areas! And every town along the route reaps the rewards from the transit ticket sales.
      I'm curious: how many folks reading this have already stumbled across this way to generate revenue? And how many find this to be something new to them?

• By Clus
      Hello all together.
      I created a station track for the train network that is working perfectly as a local version. The uploaded version on the other hand does not work.
      I am not able to create any train line with the finished train station. You can not connect the station to another one. Any suggestion or ideas what I might 
      have done wrong ? I already looked in to other station tracks from the workshop and their properties/options (within the road editor) are the same as in mine. 

Thanks in advance
      Clus
    • By Nilo7
      Greenbelt Metrorail Station
      BATted and MODDed by Nilo7
      Tested by Mithokey

Please take a moment to read the following paragraph:

This station is dedicated to the victims and families of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, who will never be forgotten; as well as the courageous men and women that serve our country each and everyday in any form, they are what has kept and will keep this nation going.

Description:
      Greenbelt Metrorail Station is a GLR station based off Greenbelt Metrorail Station in Greenbelt, Maryland; one of the many stations on the DC Metro.

Installation Instructions:
      Extract and move to "My Documents --> SimCity 4 --> Plugins"

Stats:
      Size: 1x8
      Capacity: 25,000
      Transit Switch: .02
      Functions As: GLR station, Landmark.
      Jobs Created: 10 R$ and 5 R$$
      Plop Cost: 250
      Monthly Cost: 100
      Bulldoze Cost: 125
      Power Required: 10
      Water Required: 0
      Pollution: 0

Dependency:
      Track Textures for Cogeo GLR Stations 20110918 1.zip

(I am now linking to the download "Track Textures for Cogeo GLR Stations 20110918 1.zip" in Ebina's Mediafire account. It is the same textures as the old dependency; it will work fine.)

Special thanks to Blue Lightning, Meister1235, Redscope53, Xyloxadoria, and of course.. Tigerbuilder for answering lots of questions!

Thanks!

-Nilo7

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections