About This File
INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD
SC4Tech Factory by SimGoober
1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW
Enough with the pharmaceutical stuff - let's get back to some plain old high-tech again, shall we?
In the case of the twelfth upload in this series, SC4Tech Factory by SimGoober, the "old" in "plain old high-tech" can be taken literally, because the original BAT dates back to 2005. While it's not the most spectacular building at a first glance, it does have some nice details such as the little rooftop terrace and the illuminated interior in night view. Since it's more or less a corner building, I chose to lot it in two different orientations and make two rather different lots for it, both rather open and not surrounded by fences to encourage the formation of coherent industrial compounds - and/or the use of filler lots, of course!
Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
The default version of the building will provide 50 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 200 I-HT jobs.The following lots are included in this download:
- 4x6, Stage 2
- 5x5, Stage 2
For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
- Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES
- Maxis Night with static day or night: YES
- DarkNite* with static day or night: YES
*DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins.
2 - USE
If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).
If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
- Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download
- Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing
- Remove the associated files from your plugins folder
Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.
3 - DEPENDENCIES
- IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot.
- SC4Tech Factory - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required.
NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers
- Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers
- Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls
- Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities
4 - FINAL WORDS
Credits for the BAT go to SimGoober once again.
T Wrecks, November 20, 2017