2 Screenshots

About This File

WILLOUGHBY TOWER, at 8 S. Michigan avenue, on the southwest corner of E. Madison street, built in 1929, is 36 stories high, on caissons. Samuel N. Crowen was the architect. The eight-story Willoughby building (Western Bank Note building) previously occupied this corner.

The newest design for the Willoughby Tower, by S. V. Croweon, architect, to be erected at the southwest corner of Madison and Boul Mich was announced on February 4, 1928. It is almost changed from the first design shown in The Tribune of Sunday, Sept. 18, 1927. Instead of being black, it’ll be of variegated Indiana limestone on the two stret elevations, with the first two floors of granite. The tower will le flood lighted. Work started May 1, 1928.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 2,500 CO$$$ Jobs

To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

MushyMushy

7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

The model is great, as others have said.

As far as the lighting goes, I've had that problem before. All it's doing is facing the wrong way... you can see a little of the shadow of the taller part of the building casts on the wider lower part, going the wrong way. The fix is honestly pretty simple for me usually, you just need to import the LODs and the model into another scene and re-render it (be sure to run a test render from one of the angles to make sure the problem isn't persisting).

Share this review

Link to review
matias93

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Once again I'll be that obnoxious guy :/

First, the good things: EVERYTHING! Deco is one of the hardest styles to model, with all those small details, and you mastered at the first building; also, the texture selection is simply perfect, as are the reflections.

But there's something uncanny with the lighting: yes, it looks much more real than most SC4 buildings, but as the light is more intense and oriented differently to the rest of the game, it appears like you took a photograph of a real building (that's a show of your skills with modeling, by the way) and pasted it over a capture of SC4. I guess it was an accident or something weird going on with the rendering configuration...

Let's say that my rating is 9/5 when it could be 10/5, and I'll gladly rise it when the lighting issue gets resolved. Nevertheless, this building is pure gold!

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Wow, I thought the first screenshot was a photo with how well the natural lighting on the building looked o.O. The shadows look like they face a different direction though. Still, a wonderful model!

Share this review

Link to review
ESP15

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Absolutly brilliant !!!! Thank's for share !

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Outstanding creation!!!!

Thank you for sharing :)

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

thank you for this beautiful art deco building  I am always amazed by what was being built 90 years ago and still fit in modern environments

Share this review

Link to review
mity102181

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Absolutely beautiful. It is nice to see another Chicago Building.Thank you!

Share this review

Link to review
Shanethemain

FANTASTIC! Cannot get enough of your work! Thank you so much!

Share this review

Link to review
simlacroix

When it comes to textures, you are DA best! Truly.

Share this review

Link to review
Cyunit

Beautiful building and great render!!*:thumb:Looks great

Share this review

Link to review
cs4berlin

Thank you for sharing *****+******

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• File Feedback

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections