North American Freight Cars Prop Pack 1.0.0

(10 Reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Give realism to your railroad tracks, yards, sidings, spurs and industrial zones with these freight cars and locomotives dating from the 1980's to our modern days.

This prop pack includes newer rolling stock pieces, some of them never seen before in SimCity 4, like:

• Autoracks
  • Coil Cars
  • Gondolas
  • Boxcars
  • Hoppers
  • Tank Cars

And so on. In this prop pack you  will find around 300 different freight cars and other objects like containers, trailers etc, all of them rendered in HD and in 20 different versions (ortho, diagonal, curve fitting and FAR versions).

Installation:

Just extract the files contained in this .rar file into your plugins folder. For uninstalling it, just delet them from your plugins folder.

Dependencies:

None, this is intended to be a depencency.

Enjoy it.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in its development, without you, this would have been such a mess. And you, for downloading.

For more information and/or notify me of an error with this,  please visit this thread:

Or PM at my Simtropolis profile.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

redfox85

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

12000 files ... wow. And you added switchers too, everything was thought out perfectly!

Share this review

Link to review
Edvarz

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I can already see this being the dependency package for rail related lots, congratulations and of course, thank you!

Share this review

Link to review
Fantozzi

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

For a lotter this is definitly something like this:

3-format6001.jpg?inIsFirst=true

to bath and swim and dive into props. Loading the whole package into PIM-X took very long and seemed a never ending row of freight cars was rumbling through the preview window.

So thankfully the models weren't dat-packed but instead are organized by type and angle in folders and subfolders - so very easily you can make excerpts for your needs to work with.

And definitly we'll have to make this a new standard for freight train yards and I'm pretty shure (may take some time) this will raise the level of realism of seaport and industrial zones etc. One has to see - there is a new task now for us all, to make use of the LE and become train yard lotters, to redo all the container yards etc. And I have to recommend to any new player in town - make use of the Lot Editor, Maxis provided to edit game content. You can double the fun and it's pretty easy. And so you'll see what this is: a toolbox to create whole new playgrounds.

Also I couldn't load every piece into the game and my first impression comes from PIM-X , the quality of the props ranges from very good to stunningly great and the included pdf (chapter: loading the flat cars) shows that you even can add variety to the already giant variety of the car props.

Can't imagine how to do better.

Me, playing european cenarios, have to figure out now how those north american cars may fit (pretty shure many of them will).

Ah, I see so much fun ahead puzzling them together and also with @Simmer2's well developed RRW textures. You opened the gates to the SC4-paradise.

Thank you so much.  

Share this review

Link to review
AsimPika3172

Thanks! Except the size was larger and takes few hours for downloading.

Share this review

Link to review
Krasner

Really impatient to play with these, and it's finally here :)thanks a lot !

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you   very impressive collection and I really appreciate all the work put into this pack  I had to read your thread as part of enjoying this beautiful props pack  my father was a model railroader which took up most of the garage space.   I think this is a much more affordable way to enjoy model railroading    excellent work

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

Wow. So this is what happens when Mozart leaves music to pursue a hobby in SC4 content creation.

So many gems in here and a mind-boggling number of possible configurations... amazing, amazing work! 

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

Thank you for this awesome dependency.  So excited to use it. 

Appreciate you sharing this :)

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

WOW. WOW. Did I mention WOW ? (And me not a train buff !)

Share this review

Link to review
rsc204

Just wow, what a complete collection, this is a real treat for lotters.

Can't wait to see how others use these fabulous props, although I've a few plans myself. Thanks for sharing :).

Share this review

Link to review

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections