2 Screenshots

About This File

For my first plugin, I owe my inspiration to that of Uroncha in 2005 (see here) which I used until now. And for which I wanted to bring my personal touch.

So I suggest you the same with newer Props. A big thank you to Namspopof, jth876, Giraffe, Vnaoned, Mcdrye, Rivit, the SFBT team and all the props authors used here.

12 Bus stop.
On street and road ortho, diagonal, and intersections (T and X).
On one way ortho and diagonal.
On ortho and diagonal avenue.

8 metro stations (+ bus)
On ortho, diagonal and intersection roads (T and X).
On one-way, ortho, diagonal avenue

You have the choice of the texture for the streets: NAM or Tar-sealed street of Rivit ; and for roads: NAM Euro or NAM US.

The capacity of the bus stop:
Street: 17000+ ; Road and oneway: 17000+ ; Avenue: 20000.
The capacity of the metro stations:
Road, one-way, avenue: 24000+.

These lots appear in the menu:
miscellaneous transports.

Installation

Place the contents of the Zip into your Plugins directory.
In the subdirectory: scoty_bus_A_textures /, depending on NAM settings or other ..., delete one of the two files scoty_bus_tex_road_XX.dat, as well as one of the two scoty_bus_tex_street_nnnn.dat. Keep, of course, the file scoty_bus_tex.dat (!) Which gathers avenue and oneway textures.

Dependencies

It goes without saying that you have the plugin "All maxis building props with proper names" or the two files "bldgprop_vol1 & vol2".

·         Nams PROPS PACK Vol 2

·         French Road Signs.dat

·         Urbanpack.dat

·         SFBT_Haltestellen_Fluggi_khoianh_Props.dat

·         SFBT_Khiyana_Props.dat

·         VV_Propspack vol. 1

·         Grfe_props_pack_LE_lupins

·         Grfe_props_pack_LE_cypresses

·         Grfe_props_pack_LE_berries

·         Grfe_props_pack_LE_maples

·         SubwayProps, you can keep only the model:

RoadsideSubstairs_Mcdrye_0x33317b90.SC4Model

And the prop : RTMTV3_PropF_Subway_Mcdrye_SteelBlue.dat

·         Modern Realistic Subway Station V2, you can keep only the files:

subwayiiredotextureattempti-0x5ad0e817_0x39671410_0x30000.SC4Model

subwayiiredotextureattempti-0x6534284a-0x99472a58-0x796b3c63.SC4Desc

Good game !

What's New in Version 1.1.0   View Changelog

Released

Sept. 30, 2017 FIXED
Version of Lot 1.1.0
Following the well-justified intervention of RSC204 (see the comments), I correct the capacity of the stations and small omissions on the TSEC.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wow! In fact, uroncha's name immediately popped up in my head when I saw this upload. Looks like you really gave his superb project a time warp to 2017, and the result is visually impressive! *:golly:

My only question is: Are the sidewalk textures baked in, or can they be changed?

Share this comment

Thank you TWrecks, I hope this review will meet expectations for RH players ...
The sidewalk textures are mine, but of course the ID is SC4 (medium, I think!)

Share this comment

Looking good, but perhaps you want to take a look here for the modding:

Using a low capacity like 3,000 might seem to make sense in respect of the vanilla game values. But in actual fact a minimum of 17k is probably necessary to prevent problems in large cities. Both the NAM and RTMT have updated many lots to reflect this, it's also important to include a correct TSEC (Transit Switch Entry Cost) value for optimal use, assuming you haven't already done this.

Share this comment

@rsc204 .. Thanks for the reminder of your article. I did not have the link and as my English is very bad, not easy to put hands on it ...
As far as the TSEC is concerned, everything is OK, except for my mistake. I had noticed the importance of this value. (Seen on SC4Devotion). But for the volume I did not know I was too low. I found it good, I, especially for the neighborhood street not too crowded! ;-). You think it's really blocking? I have to urgently make a fix?

Share this comment

Everyone plays the game differently, so whilst that low value might work fine for your style of play, when releasing mods it's best to support the widest range of setups possible.

Example 1:
So imagine a player with a huge city with maybe millions of sims. Their Bus routes and Subway routes are going to have very high capacities. In such a scenario, not only will lower figures not cut it, but they can break the game.

Because if just one stop in the system reaches over 4x the capacity or thereabouts, the network itself will stop working. This is a game bug in essence.

Example 2:
Now let's imagine another player with a small town of 10k residents, say 1k sims use your bus stop. That number would actually be very high for a small town, so clearly a 3k capacity is more than sufficient here, because up to 12k sims could use the stop before any problems occured, and there aren't 12k sims living there. Although bear in mind sims commute, so theoretically you can have more use a stop than the population of a tile.

So with a low capacity bus stop, in Example 1 we could end up with very big problems quite easily. But in Example 2 it's unlikely.

But, if we give the stop a high capacity, both examples would have little chance of problems. You might think though, "but I don't need this extra capacity" or "it feels like cheating". Well it's really not, because having a super-high capacity won't make more sims use the stop. It just prevents a rather nasty bug from occurring.

As such, I would recommended updating the capacities in-line with the previously linked article. But it's not an "urgent fix" or something you need to feel bad about. Just a sensible update to prevent potential problems for users.

Share this comment

Ah OK ! good arguments, especially the 2nd! With my small towns, I did not know this bug. So I will do this update very soon.

Share this comment