2 Screenshots

About This File

For my first plugin, I owe my inspiration to that of Uroncha in 2005 (see here) which I used until now. And for which I wanted to bring my personal touch.

So I suggest you the same with newer Props. A big thank you to Namspopof, jth876, Giraffe, Vnaoned, Mcdrye, Rivit, the SFBT team and all the props authors used here.

12 Bus stop.
On street and road ortho, diagonal, and intersections (T and X).
On one way ortho and diagonal.
On ortho and diagonal avenue.

8 metro stations (+ bus)
On ortho, diagonal and intersection roads (T and X).
On one-way, ortho, diagonal avenue

You have the choice of the texture for the streets: NAM or Tar-sealed street of Rivit ; and for roads: NAM Euro or NAM US.
The capacity of the bus stop:
Street: 17000+ ; Road and oneway: 17000+ ; Avenue: 20000.
The capacity of the metro stations:
Road, one-way, avenue: 24000+.
These lots appear in the menu:
miscellaneous transports.

Place the contents of the Zip into your Plugins directory.
In the subdirectory: scoty_bus_A_textures /, depending on NAM settings or other ..., delete one of the two files scoty_bus_tex_road_XX.dat, as well as one of the two scoty_bus_tex_street_nnnn.dat. Keep, of course, the file scoty_bus_tex.dat (!) Which gathers avenue and oneway textures.

It goes without saying that you have the plugin "All maxis building props with proper names" or the two files "bldgprop_vol1 & vol2".

·         Nams PROPS PACK Vol 2

·         French Road Signs.dat

·         Urbanpack.dat

·         SFBT_Haltestellen_Fluggi_khoianh_Props.dat

·         SFBT_Khiyana_Props.dat

·         VV_Propspack vol. 1

·         Grfe_props_pack_LE_lupins

·         Grfe_props_pack_LE_cypresses

·         Grfe_props_pack_LE_berries

·         Grfe_props_pack_LE_maples

·         SubwayProps, you can keep only the model:

And the prop : RTMTV3_PropF_Subway_Mcdrye_SteelBlue.dat

·         Modern Realistic Subway Station V2, you can keep only the files:

Good game !

What's New 1.1.0   View Changelog

Sept. 30, 2017 FIXED
Version of Lot 1.1.0
Following the well-justified intervention of RSC204 (see the comments), I correct the capacity of the stations and small omissions on the TSEC.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wow! In fact, uroncha's name immediately popped up in my head when I saw this upload. Looks like you really gave his superb project a time warp to 2017, and the result is visually impressive! *:golly:

My only question is: Are the sidewalk textures baked in, or can they be changed?

Share this comment

Looking good, but perhaps you want to take a look here for the modding:

Using a low capacity like 3,000 might seem to make sense in respect of the vanilla game values. But in actual fact a minimum of 17k is probably necessary to prevent problems in large cities. Both the NAM and RTMT have updated many lots to reflect this, it's also important to include a correct TSEC (Transit Switch Entry Cost) value for optimal use, assuming you haven't already done this.

Share this comment

@rsc204 .. Thanks for the reminder of your article. I did not have the link and as my English is very bad, not easy to put hands on it ...
As far as the TSEC is concerned, everything is OK, except for my mistake. I had noticed the importance of this value. (Seen on SC4Devotion). But for the volume I did not know I was too low. I found it good, I, especially for the neighborhood street not too crowded! ;-). You think it's really blocking? I have to urgently make a fix?

Share this comment

Everyone plays the game differently, so whilst that low value might work fine for your style of play, when releasing mods it's best to support the widest range of setups possible.

Example 1:
So imagine a player with a huge city with maybe millions of sims. Their Bus routes and Subway routes are going to have very high capacities. In such a scenario, not only will lower figures not cut it, but they can break the game.

Because if just one stop in the system reaches over 4x the capacity or thereabouts, the network itself will stop working. This is a game bug in essence.

Example 2:
Now let's imagine another player with a small town of 10k residents, say 1k sims use your bus stop. That number would actually be very high for a small town, so clearly a 3k capacity is more than sufficient here, because up to 12k sims could use the stop before any problems occured, and there aren't 12k sims living there. Although bear in mind sims commute, so theoretically you can have more use a stop than the population of a tile.

So with a low capacity bus stop, in Example 1 we could end up with very big problems quite easily. But in Example 2 it's unlikely.

But, if we give the stop a high capacity, both examples would have little chance of problems. You might think though, "but I don't need this extra capacity" or "it feels like cheating". Well it's really not, because having a super-high capacity won't make more sims use the stop. It just prevents a rather nasty bug from occurring.

As such, I would recommended updating the capacities in-line with the previously linked article. But it's not an "urgent fix" or something you need to feel bad about. Just a sensible update to prevent potential problems for users.

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Glenni
      Reworked February 2018: Please demolish existing versions in your city, and delete your old version from your plugins folder.
      The Transit enabling switches were also updated.
      This is a quickie, basically modeled in just a few minutes, a recreation of the remaining concrete bus sheds from my city Haugesund, Norway in the 70's.
      I've  always sort of liked these, so I wanted to put them in the game.
      Works like any bus stop
      Power: 1
      15000 Street
      20 000 Road
      Plop cost roughly 600.
      Requires the overlay textures from Deadwood's bus stop pack, if you don't want these, run the installer.
      And then delete the files EXCEPT the road textures afterwards!
      DEDWD_RT BusStops overlay textures -      https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/14766-dedwd-road-top-bus-stop-set/
      These v v v
      BSC - VIP girafe urbanpack vol. 1 -      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3192
    • By mattb325
      City Link Transport Hub, by Mattb325.
      This is a purely fictional 1980's style building designed as a transport interchange suitable for downtown and other built-up areas.
      The podium floors of this building act as a rail, subway, bus, underground park & ride and pedestrian interchange. It also allows freight trains to pass through the station. It has a total capacity of 165,000 passengers so is perfect for big cities.
      The two towers are also functional and provide 1,600 jobs across all wealth levels.
      In game, this building is found in the Miscellaneous Transport Menu (about half-way down near the subway line).
      Once placed, drag two rail lines right through the building and connect the front and back of the lot to the road network using street tiles. 
      To activate the subway component of this building, simply drag the subway line anywhere into the lot (note: as this is a multifuctional lot that there is no traditional 'stub' that you have to connect to as seen in other subway buildings) and of course then connect it to other subway stations within your city. 
      Similarly if you wish to activate the bus component of the building, simply place a bus stop somewhere else on your city tile. 
      If you don't wish to use any of the subway, rail or bus features, that's fine, simply don't connect that particular feauture to the lot (you may end up with the advisors nagging about 'mass transit 101' but you can safely ignore their wailing). 
      At a minimum however, the building must be connected to the road, water and power networks or it will abandon. (N.B. I have put the 'bleeding obvious' in here as some twit recently told me that batters now have to provide "customer service" even when they are no longer active......as if providing all of this for free or your enjoyment isn't enough...lowest common denominator, here we come...yeah, baby  ) 
      This is the first in a series of multi-function transport lots that I will be releasing shortly. As this one doesn't involve NAM elevated networks and is more of a visual alternative to the ever-popular ninja boulevard kiosk, I have decided to release it separately from the upcoming pack.
      Lastly, a ****huge***** thankyou to RSC204/MGB204 who provided the modding for this file: you can be certain that the stats and values behave according to NAM methodologies. 
      Lot size :                6 x 5
      Plop Cost:              §5,900
      Monthly Cost:        §330
      Budget Item:          Mass Transit
      Menu:                      Miscellaneous Transport
      Capacity:                165,000
      Demand Created:  Jobs§: 400, Jobs§§: 900, Jobs§§§: 300.
      Pollution:                 Air 25 over 1 tiles, Water 13 over 2 tiles, Garbage 49 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  17 MwH
      Water consumed:  67 Gallons/Month
      Bulldoze Cost:       §560
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. 
      Either: (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) *recommended* OR (http://gizmo.aplaceforwebsite.com/index.php) OR Mashty Nite Mod: (http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=764)
      NB: External sites may require you to create an account (or log in with said account) prior to downloading. See, this is more customer service so you don't have to think 

The parking textures you see in some of the images are adjacent to the lot and are used as fillers. The main parking provided by this lot is the large underground area as well as a little bit at the back.
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Textures Vol01 (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90)
      NB: External sites may require you to create an account (or log in with said account) prior to downloading. See, this is more customer service so you don't have to think 
      *Network Addon Mod V36 (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26793-network-addon-mod-NAM-for-windows-installer/).
      I have tested this in Vanilla mode without the NAM, and it basically works as intended. But honestly, if you intend to use this without the NAM, everyone will judge you harshly 
      *SC4Fix: third-party patches (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/). If you use the NAM or even play the game, you will want this file. Enough said :-)

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
    • By SecretMbr_735754
      Transfer here from one route to another. Transit and network enabled.
       ___           _                 
      | _ )_  _ ___ | |   ___  ___ _ __
      | _ \ || (_-< | |__/ _ \/ _ \ '_ \
      |___/\_,_/__/ |____\___/\___/ .__/
      City Bus Loop 1 - 3x2. 
      Capacity: 2500.
      Medium Wealth
      Plop Cost: 350
      Monthly Cost: 150
      Landmark Effect: 10,5
      Park Effect: 5, 5
      Air Pollution: 3, 2
      Water Pollution, 2, 2
      Maxis  Night Lighting
      Bus props used from: Glenni-buspack-
      INSTALL to folder:
      C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins
    • By docj101

Doc's Mass Transit Mod v2.3:

This mod adds 15 new stations and 3 new garages that act as companion stations for the Maxis defaults. No longer do you need to have a station on every corner; this mod lets you bulldoze & scale up capacity as needed, while paying appropriately. This also adds some improvement to mass transit flow and congestion by adjusting the game's default TSEC values to more appropriate values for all Maxis station types. Last but not least, some very important value changes for the freight station, grand rail station, and subway-elevated transition.

As of v2.3: All bugs have been fixed and everything tested thoroughly in all situations. All building values scale upward properly with station size, keeping everything uniform and in balance. As such: the cost to plop and operate these stations rises perfectly in relation to the game default cost:capacity ratio. The jobs provided by these stations rises accordingly with capacity, since it takes more workers to handle more passengers and equipment. Fixed in v2.3, pollution and the consumption of power/water also increases correctly for ALL new stations. Increasing costs maintains realism and the original intended game difficulty.

The huge capacities that are accommodated by the new buildings are best taken advantage of while having a high capacity traffic simulator installed. Such as the "ultra" capacity traffic simulator you can install with the NAM (Network Add-On Mod). These new ploppables also make a good foundation to re-lot as you see fit. The tiny cylinder 'building' containing the lot properties is easily hidden by ANY props; making it very easy to work with.
      Thank you for considering this for your city! (The new stations can be found directly below their Maxis counterparts in the menus)

Full - Simply run the installer and the files will automatically be placed in your plugins folder, ready to use in game. If you have my previous versions 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2, you should uninstall them first! Refer to info about a conflict with a NAM v31+ file (v30 and earlier unaffected).

Partial - Run the installer & then remove the subfolder/s named after the addition/s you don't want (i.e. "Garages") from the '...user\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins' folder.

Bulldoze all of the mass transit stations and garages that have been built since install of this pack. Then delete or remove "z___Doc's MTM 2.3" folder from the '...user\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins' folder. Replace stations in game AFTER DMTM removal. Any stations left behind and/or not replaced may retain their modified values or function/appear incorrectly.

Dependencies: (required for stations to appear correctly in game)

Regarding NAM v31+ (NAMv30 and earlier unaffected):

The file "Maxis Stations, Tollbooths, and Transitions.dat" file will superseded by my "all_stations_fix.dat", and it's adjustments to the default Maxis stations will be negated. My file simply loads last overriding the NAM file; just as files in the plugins folder override the game defaults by loading after them. This will not cause errors with the NAM's extra networks in any way. That file is similar to my .dat except it also increases the capacities of the default Maxis stations. It is simply taking a different approach to increasing the capacity of the Maxis stations. You do not need that file for the NAM's networks or any other add-ons to function, and I am including it's TSEC adjustments in my own file.

In NAMv31+ the original Maxis station capacities are increased by that file to accommodate higher capacity networks as a one size fits all solution (i.e. default bus stop = 17,000 passengers). It also adds this capacity without making you pay extra for it in simoleons, power/water consumption, or pollution. The extra capacity also doesn't add the logical jobs that would be required to handle more passengers. I think its better to use an appropriately sized station for a situation to keep all of these game mechanics in place for difficulty and realism.

I prefer scaling up capacity if/when needed starting at the Maxis default capacities. That way you keep other game mechanics in place for transit stations. I feel that costs, jobs provided, pollution created, power/water consumed should all scale up with capacity based on the original Maxis defaults. To scale up from the default capacities as I intend I had to override the aforementioned NAM file. I don't recommend installing the other NAM stations either; they all increase capacity without costs or added jobs. This is your preference of course.

With all of that being said: If you want to use my mod and NAMv31+: you do not have to do anything special. My mod installs to a directory that will load after the NAM thus avoiding conflict. The 'z___' prefix I add to my install folder allows you to use my mod as intended and leave the NAM untouched upon my mods removal. In fact some features of that file remain in tact while using my mod, like the adjustments to ferry stations and toll booths. I am just making you aware of this small effect my mod will have. If you want to use my mod then this is a change you want in place while using it. Uninstalling my mod allows the NAM's file to take full affect again, no user interaction is needed for that. My stations alone will work just fine with or without either of these .dat files; these .dats refer to the other tweaks.

Improvements and additions:

This package uses a single .SC4Model file for all stations named docs_mtm_2.3.SC4Model. It is a small cylinder that is actually hidden by props on the lots. This model is included in this download, you do not need to locate and download it separately.
      Also required to be in your \SimCity 4\Plugins folder are bldgprop_vol1.dat and bldgprop_vol2.dat. These are the official maxis building prop packs that were companions for the maxis lot editor. You may have copies of these in your plugins folder already. If you do not have these files then you will need to find them. They are available on fan sites. Places to get them include @sc4devotion.com following THIS LINK, or @citybuilders.co.nz following THIS LINK. I was informed I am not allowed to distribute these files myself or they would be included.
      "Large", "Super Large", and "Ultra Large" capacity mass transit stations added to all mass transit types. New station capacities are as follows: *2
      More appropriate "TSEC" (Transit Switch Entry Cost) times added to all Maxis mass transit stations (helps prevent "shortcutting"). This TSEC will also match my new stations. TSEC is a small but important change. *1
      Doubled the capacity of the Maxis freight station to 4,000, raising other values accordingly with no added costs.
      Added a correction allowing freight station to turn freight trains back into freight trucks 'if needed' for seaports or dead-end rail. *1
      Increased the capacity of the "Grand Rail Station" to 100,000; raising other values accordingly with no added costs.
      Increased capacity of the "subway-to-elevated transition" to 100,000. This eliminates the congestion bottleneck that would occur at these transitions that could completely shut down a connected subway/elevated network.
      Fixed Maxis garages to reflect their actual capacity when queried.
      *1. Please refer to the included "all_stations_fix_readme.txt" for more details.
      *2. The larger subway stations can attach themselves to the tunnels on any of the 3 tiles they occupy. The tunnel can run under all 3 tiles and I have not noticed any ill effects.

Known Issues:

In underground traffic view (aka-while laying subways or while plopping 'subway' stations): the ADD-ON station buildings do not appear the same as the default maxis stations do. The new lots remain easily found and visible while in underground traffic view; they just don't appear correctly. Click query information works normal. In all cases my stations work properly. You don't spend much time in this view so this is minor and to be fixed in the future.

Future additions:

Refinements to lots visually. Custom B.A.T. created buildings to replace props. (potentially)

This mod assumes that you are playing either "SimCity4 Rush Hour" or "SimCity4 Deluxe Edition". Use on the vanilla version of "SimCity4" if you wish but I do not know if you can or what will happen. I do not guarantee that this will not interfere with other plug-ins but it shouldn't. If you notice problems with anything after install, simply remove it. If your game is broken because of something you did while working with this content, you accept responsibility and release me from any and all liability. This is just a simple mod for your plugin folder made with the standard tools, I don't foresee any issues.
    • By lucasfg3
      I've recently installed carefully the RTMT V3.60. I followed every step in the readme file. The mod is working pretty good, but the bus stops and subway stations are empty, no bus stop shelter or subway entrance. I have NAM v33.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections